Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DSKA: Defense Supplies Kool Aid

This is for anyone observing Packerrats who might not know what 1 Gap and 2 Gap "D' means and when each is used by DC - Defensive Coordinator:

http://www.xsosfootball.com/one-gap-...ap-techniques/

FOOTBALL STRATEGIES

One Gap and Two Gap Techniques

By: Xs Os Staff - Sep 17, 2012 19559 3
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I sometimes wonder if you have actually ever watched a game of football. Pistol force again, huh?
    I was a shutdown corner in HS. Didn't need to play or learn the Pistol Force. I was like, just put me on an island and lemme do my thing! The coaches conceded. And I shut down Darren Charles.

So, what the fuck is the Pistol Force? Some kind of Five-0 organization that Rand's cousin belongs to, or something?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This is for anyone observing Packerrats who might not know what 1 Gap and 2 Gap "D' means and when each is used by DC - Defensive Coordinator:

http://www.xsosfootball.com/one-gap-...ap-techniques/

FOOTBALL STRATEGIES

One Gap and Two Gap Techniques

By: Xs Os Staff - Sep 17, 2012 19559 3
    Decent article, Woody.

That site is focused on Madden strategies, so be aware of that. Actually, two gap systems are going the way of the dodo. The last NFL team that two gapped across a front was the Steelers when LeBeau was the DC. They used Keisel, Casey Hampton, & Aaron Smith in the 3-4 front and all of 'em had two gap responsibility. I haven't seen any team use that system for their front since then. Two gap DL's in the current are mostly on the nose (zero tech). Two gapping is a helluva a responsibility and a thankless job.
    Few two gap lineman get many sacks or hurries, which affects the old paycheck.

The article that said Pettine was going to install a one gap system here struck me as curious. Capers isn't a two gap type DC. Pettine has to change the defensive culture, but putting in a one gap D isn't the biggest task in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Reading comprehension isn't that good either. You talk about better CB play allowing the S to play up and help with inside coverage. APB says ILBs don't cover WRs.
    Talk abut reading comprehension. I said Martinez can't cover WRs, not that he won't. Big difference. Allison is a bum, but even that sloth would annihilate Martinez if Martinez covered him all game long.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I was a shutdown corner in HS. Didn't need to play or learn the Pistol Force. I was like, just put me on an island and lemme do my thing! The coaches conceded. And I shut down Darren Charles.

So, what the fuck is the Pistol Force? Some kind of Five-0 organization that Rand's cousin belongs to, or something?
    Been said thousands of time, but your claims of being some kind of star player is bogus. You didn't even play, let alone have some kind of starring role.

If you had played, you wouldn't be asking these stupid questions or making these foolish statements.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Been said thousands of time, but your claims of being some kind of star player is bogus. You didn't even play, let alone have some kind of starring role.

If you had played, you wouldn't be asking these stupid questions or making these foolish statements.
    Are we sure this isn't really Brian Williams?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Are we sure this isn't really Brian Williams?
    Good one, Shadow.

I didn't get it for a minute bc I thought of Brian Williams, the old Packer linebacker.

I turned down joining The Quarrymen the same year I knocked out Muhammad Ali - I'm just to modest to mention it much.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

Seems like only you and pb know shit about the pistol force. Hell, my friend Nutz coaches football and he thinks the pistol force is an offspring of the nra.

Whatever it is, the shutdown corner’s job ain’t the pistol force. It’s shutting down wideouts.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    My intention was not to say that the entire 2018 defense compares favorably to the entire SB defense. Although 2010 was basically a year where the best case scenario you outlined for 2018 came true. We fell ass-backwards into Sam Shields. Got spectacular contributions from bums like Peprah, Walden, and Green. Overall we had good injury luck on the defensive side of the ball with our most significant injury being the one that brought Bishop to the field. We get something analogous this year and even you'll enjoy watching the defense. Especially since professional integrity demand that you expect a 10 rank improvement on defense by the subtraction of Capers alone.
    And this year its gonna be herb waters...woot, I love the offseason.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Seems like only you and pb know shit about the pistol force. Hell, my friend Nutz coaches football and he thinks the pistol force is an offspring of the nra...the greatest organization in history!!

Whatever it is, the shutdown corner’s job ain’t the pistol force. It’s shutting down wideouts.
    FIFY
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Tis the season

Ah the time of year for Tank to come out, relive the glory days, and regales us with tales of him shutting down Darren Charles in High School and by transitive properties he is a defensive expert. LOL
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by theeaterofshades View Post
    Ah the time of year for Tank to come out, relive the glory days, and regales us with tales of him shutting down Darren Charles in High School and by transitive properties he is a defensive expert. LOL
    https://www.thenorthwestern.com/stor...ctor/17575611/
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

We'll soon be celebrating the tenth anniversary of the tank-Darren Charles story. This is bigger than the JFK assassination controversy, bigger even than the posting pictures of the JFK assassination controversy. The arguments will rage into the retirement home.

Put me down as a tanker. I believe that tank shutdown Darren Charles and only lost out on his scholarship to the UW because coach Don Morton was prejudiced. I may have some details wrong because I take tank seriously not literally.

BTW, have I ever told you about the time I beat Tim Krumrie in wrestling?
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 06-25-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theeaterofshades View Post
    The increasing frequency of Darren Charles references, anecdotally, seems to presage another ban coming down the pike.

Tank can only control his base impulses for so long

He is what what he is: The Once and Future Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    The increasing frequency of Darren Charles references, anecdotally, seems to presage another ban coming down the pike.

I think he just runs out of material. Like a comedian, he has a year to create material for a new hour, film the special, then goes back to the greatest hits for a while.

Maybe the Netflix special can be called Pistol Force?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post

Tank is delusional and prone to crazy fantasy.

He had other myths he used to tell along with the "Shutdown" tale:

- He was a top college prospect who ran a 4.4 40.

- He was up for a scholarship to UW, but got dumped by Barry Alvarez bc he was dating a black girl. (at that point, another poster asked "What was her 40 time?")

Of course, Oshkosh with Charles, blew the Appleton team off the field 33 - 0. Charles got little action bc the inept Appleton team was being pummeled by runs and short passes. Despite getting little action that game, Charles still caught a pass for 18 yards. Tank didn't shut down Charles, bc NOBODY shut him down.

I don't believe that Tank even played in the game, let alone shut anybody down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    We'll soon be celebrating the tenth anniversary of the tank-Darren Charles story. This is bigger than the JFK assassination controversy, bigger even than the posting pictures of the JFK assassination controversy. The arguments will rage into the retirement home.

Put me down as a tanker. I believe that tank shutdown Darren Charles and only lost out on his scholarship to the UW because coach Don Morton was prejudiced. I may have some details wrong because I take tank seriously not literally.

BTW, have I ever told you about the time I beat Tim Krumrie in wrestling?
    You wrestled Krumrie?

That's strong, Harlan.

I knew him slightly when he lived here.

He likes to drink beer and play bar dice (Ship, Captain, & Crew)

A good Sconny type guy.

I'll be banned if I tell the story for 20th time