View Poll Results: WOULD YOU START AROD vs DA QUEENIES ??

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • PLAY AROD- We need to win this game

11 78.57%
  • SIT AROD- It's in GB's best interest to do so

2 14.29%
  • I don't have the guts to offer a viewpoint

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SHOULD AROD PLAY ?

Blog Entries

SHOULD AROD PLAY ?

What say you rats ?

Clearly AROD is not near 100%

Clearly AROD wants to play

IF AROD plays maybe we win but maybe he hurts if further, or much worse....and that is BAD

IF AROD does not play I don't think even the greatest homes thinks we win with Kizer at QB

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Play. The GAB can take the day off against the Bills in a couple of weeks.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Since I have no idea what is actually wrong with him, I can't say. But it's as important a game as you can get, so he should play if possible. He's be the best guy on the field, barr none.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

yeah, we have zero clue as to whats wrong with him, so its almost impossible to say

can he injure it further? no clue

is he gonna wear some kind of brace to protect the knee to further injury? no clue

can whatever injury he has heal on its own, or does he eventually need to have surgery? we have no clue

Play him.

I see what you did there Rand.

Coming from the Favre (Greatest Packer QB Ever) Era is there even a reason to ask this question? Tough to be the GOAT if you don't play.

WHY would anybody even remotely suggest not playing him if he is able to play? Sheeeeeesh!
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    WHY would anybody even remotely suggest not playing him if he is able to play? Sheeeeeesh!
    No one is doing that SeƱor Strawman. What people don't know is whether he is able to play, at what "%" he is able to perform, and if that percent is low enough, is he at more significant risk of further injury.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    The Art of War.

Tank a battle to win the war. In some other universe, Sherman losses 90% of his army as he burns down the lost city of Atlanta. Without adequate reinforcement, the drunken Grant surrenders to Lee. The South wins the War for Southern Independence.

Actually, I'm not sure the Art of War describes such and such. But the logic behind holding out the GAB is somewhat similar. Tank the game to win the Super Bowl.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    The Art of War.

Tank a battle to win the war.
    It all depends on how hurt he actually is. Harlan has insider info that he's 70%. Enough to bet heavily in Vegas apparently.

Rodgers demonstrated the second half last week that he is capable of playing and playing well. After a week of rest, he's not gonna be any worse or any more likely to worsen the injury.

It is mere fan silliness that the Packers should basically throw the game - which is what sitting Rodgers would be - when it isn't absolutely necessary.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I voted no guts, so I get no glory.

It is mere fan silliness that the Packers should basically throw the game - which is what sitting Rodgers would be - when it isn't absolutely necessary.
    Ya, that's about the size of it. If it were a non-conference game, maybe sit him and heal up.

Sit him in the first half, then bring him in at start of second half with a rousing rendition of the William Tell Overture.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Sit him in the first half, then bring him in at start of second half with a rousing rendition of the William Tell Overture.
    Good Idea, but we can do better than that. Play "You gotta fight for your right to party" or Queen "Headlong" (OK, I like it but no one would get it)

Other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Since I have no idea what is actually wrong with him, I can't say. But it's as important a game as you can get, so he should play if possible. He's be the best guy on the field, barr none.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Division game, at home, against the other team with a chance at the division title. Gotta play.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Good Idea, but we can do better than that. Play "You gotta fight for your right to party" or Queen "Headlong" (OK, I like it but no one would get it)

Other suggestions?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i don't really care what % he is at. if he's at 50% he's the best QB in the game

i'm worried about the risk of further injury

is there a chance we lose him for the season if he plays this week?

if we sit him for a couple weeks would he be 100% and ready to make a long run? or at least healthy enough to where there is no chance of losing him for the season after he comes back

if there is no further risk of injuring whatever he has going on, and its just a pain/mobility issue, then play him

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Sit him. We will not win this game.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.