Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings Week

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/football/nfl

Currently there are eight games without lines, waiting for information.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    https://www.bovada.lv/sports/football/nfl

Currently there are eight games without lines, waiting for information.
    OK. That makes sense, I guess. Like I said, I don't follow it closely at all. I do know the Packers tend to draw a lot of betting, so maybe they know enough and want to take that money...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The stock market still opens even when Elon Musk's status is in doubt, bud.
    BTW, just in case it wasn't obvious, the 'bud' was in reference to Musk's refer smoking that tanked his stock for a day...

BTW, just in case it wasn't obvious, the 'bud' was in reference to Musk's refer smoking that tanked his stock for a day...
    Good 'ol Elon has been all over the news, combating the plague of short sellers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13

#Packers defenders with the greatest percentage of missed tackles, according to @Sportradar:

50% — OLB Clay Matthews
    50% — CB Kevin King
    33% — OLB Reggie Gilbert
    25% — CB Josh Jackson
    25% — ILB Antonio Morrison
    18.2% — S Kentrell Brice

For no reason, here is the 1992 Bills-Oilers Playoff Game featuring that comeback. Remember some players: Frank Reich, Webster Slaughter, Nate Odom, Mark Kelso, Darryl Talley (and a sign for him that read Talley's Whackers!), Curtis Duncan, Jack Pardee, Kevin Gilbride, Lorenzo White, Kenneth Davis, Ernest Givens, Pete Metzelaars Don Beebe and James Lofton!

I was skiing with friends and came back to the lodge and saw the game. Was told the score and thought it was over. Had no intention of staying to watch a blowout but the comeback kept us (well me and one other guy) in out seats.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13

#Packers defenders with the greatest percentage of missed tackles, according to @Sportradar:

50% — OLB Clay Matthews
    50% — CB Kevin King
    33% — OLB Reggie Gilbert
    25% — CB Josh Jackson
    25% — ILB Antonio Morrison
    18.2% — S Kentrell Brice
    % is kinda misleading. what's worse...1 of 2 or 5 of 10? see what i mean?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I have good sources.
    Let me guess, your eyes?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...r-davis-on-ir/

The Green Bay Packers made four different roster moves on Tuesday.

The team claimed cornerback Deante Burton off waivers from the Atlanta Falcons, placed receiver Trevor Davis on injured reserve, signed cornerback Will Redmond to the practice squad and released safety Marwin Evans from the practice squad.

I was surprised it took so long with Trevor Davis. He has basically been injured all preseason and going on two weeks of the regular season. I expect an injury settlement will be forthcoming unless they feel strongly enough about his future special teams work.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I was surprised it took so long with Trevor Davis. He has basically been injured all preseason and going on two weeks of the regular season. I expect an injury settlement will be forthcoming unless they feel strongly enough about his future special teams work.

Agreed. Hard for me to imagine they think that highly of him that they'd bring him back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Agreed. Hard for me to imagine they think that highly of him that they'd bring him back.
    I suspect Davis and Rollins, looking at the offseason moves, pretty much came to the conclusion that their time in GB was over.

Rollins spot seems to have been filled, over and over again if you count the one roster signing and the one PS signing.

But there is still room for Davis. We will know that if he gets a injury settlement so he can get off IR and sign with the Packers again this year. They are either tired of waiting (which would be remarkably fast for the Packers) or trust his injury and history aren't going to make him an attractive target.

They don't want Cobb back there and they probably don't want even the third RB back there. Maybe one of the new guys get a ST job.

I can't recall if they tried Exxon Valdez at PR, but he would be the guy you'd probably want back there from among the young WRs - if he can field a punt.

But there is still room for Davis. We will know that if he gets a injury settlement so he can get off IR and sign with the Packers again this year. They are either tired of waiting (which would be remarkably fast for the Packers) or trust his injury and history aren't going to make him an attractive target.
    I don't understand your point. He doesn't need an injury settlement, "so he can get off IR and sign with the Packers again this year.". They can bring him back as one of the two allowed returns from IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't understand your point. He doesn't need an injury settlement, "so he can get off IR and sign with the Packers again this year.". They can bring him back as one of the two allowed returns from IR.
    I thought there was a way, if they are released with injury settlement, that they can come back in ?four weeks. Problem is of course that another team could then sign them... I'll check.

For example:

The way injury settlements work is a player and the team agree to a payout based on how long the player is expected to be injured. After that time is up, he can sign anywhere, or wait three weeks at which point the Raiders are allowed to re-sign him.

For instance, should the injury settlement for just one week, Whalen could be re-signed in a month.

You need only look at what happened with James Cowser in 2016. The Raiders released him on an injury settlement on September 10th. By October 4th, he was re-signed to the team’s practice squad and he’s been with the team ever since.
    https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...t-could-return

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    So Davis has a Packer hammy.

4 weeks until healed. 3 more weeks for Packers to wait. Can have him back on the roster in 8 weeks if no other team signs him.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I thought there was a way, if they are released with injury settlement, that they can come back in ?four weeks. Problem is of course that another team could then sign them... I'll check.
    Yes, if you think the injury is real short term, because they have to wait the settlement period plus three weeks. If you think the injury is 4 weeks or less, why not just keep him on the 53 man roster and not have to wait the extra three weeks while he is presumably healthy? This early in the season the roster is quite healthy, and with game day inactives anyway it should be easy to carry him for four games.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yes, if you think the injury is real short term, because they have to wait the settlement period plus three weeks. If you think the injury is 4 weeks or less, why not just keep him on the 53 man roster and not have to wait the extra three weeks while he is presumably healthy? This early in the season the roster is quite healthy, and with game day inactives anyway it should be easy to carry him for four games.
    At the very least it shows they value him less (assuming it's a pretty minor injury), and are happy with what they have on the roster to field punts, and back up WR. (I suppose they might sign in another guy as a PR at some point too).