Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vikings Week

https://twitter.com/SconnieSports/st...66211948777472

Jaire Alexander covers a route like he knows its coming.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Much of the country will get the Packer game. Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis with the call.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Much of the country will get the Packer game. Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis with the call.
    Charles Davis is a middle class, slightly above median income, inner ring suburban man's Ron Pitts.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Charles Davis is a middle class, slightly above median income, inner ring suburban man's Ron Pitts.
    GNA - Good Normal Announcer.

He's a pretty good analyst who suffers a bit having to fit into a game broadcast. His written work and his TV pieces are good.

But he knows either college or pro better. Since I cannot remember which it is, I assume I like him better on college ball since I would remember to check him more often if he was phenomenal on the pros.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

uncle tom

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He's a pretty good analyst who suffers a bit having to fit into a game broadcast. His written work and his TV pieces are good.

But he knows either college or pro better. Since I cannot remember which it is, I assume I like him better on college ball since I would remember to check him more often if he was phenomenal on the pros.
    That was my attempt to be humorous* and also say I kinda like the guy. I don't think I've ever read anything by him.

*cough

That was my attempt to be humorous* and also say I kinda like the guy. I don't think I've ever read anything by him.

*cough
    Yeah, I got it. But he seriously confuses me. I like everything he does except broadcast games. Maybe I have confused him for Ron Pitts or Trent Green. At least he's not Heath Evans.

Well, I looked up his wikipedia and it made my memory a little clearer. He did the B1G championship game with Alvarez and Thom Brennaman. I did like his college stuff a bit more, he paired with Brennaman to do a lot of second tier Big Ten games.

But where I liked him best was the NFL Network stuff on the draft and college football highlights. He was on both shows discussing what he knew of players from covering them. In this role, he shined and his draft stuff seemed legit. As though he knew who would make the jump.

I haven't liked much of his NFL stuff, but I have only seen him there a handful of times.

I am slightly surprised by the hostility towards the "dyke announcer" in other thread. She ain't bad. Mainly it is just the unfamiliarity of a woman's voice. No way is she straining to sound as she does, nobody could keep that up.

Men over 50 seem to have a problem with change.

Now, woman referees, well that's going too far.

As Bob Dylan once sang, "I'm liberal, but to a degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Now, woman referees, well that's going too far.

As Bob Dylan once sang, "I'm liberal, but to a degree."
    As long as Barry Goldwater doesn't move in next door or marry my daughter, I'm okay with it.

hah, guess you heard that dylan song

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I am slightly surprised by the hostility towards the "dyke announcer" in other thread. She ain't bad. Mainly it is just the unfamiliarity of a woman's voice. No way is she straining to sound as she does, nobody could keep that up.

Men over 50 seem to have a problem with change.
    It's not a pleasant voice. Otherwise I don't care either way. She's perfectly skilled at her craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How many times the last several years have we seen an opponent's injury list be longer that the Packers' injury list, even by one player?

Of course, to offset this, the Packers' All-World QB is on the list, while only two of their players had even limited participation...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Yeah, the Vikings injury list a BFD list whereas the Packers have a BIG FUCKING DEAL on theirs. Length is not everything, as they say.

The packer injury list has more girth.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Hopefully it has less stamina!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Since it's Queens week, lemme remind y'all once again that Todd shoulda drafted hip-hop saftey Harrison Smith instead of the one-trick pony, injury-prone Nicki Perry. Man, H-Smith, the current NFC D-playa of the week, is one motherfucking stud. Dude could've been Collins' replacement in the Green and Gold.

The Packers had MD Fucking Jennings and Charlie Peprah playing saftey. Drafting Smith was a no-brainier. Instead, Todd incompetently took a defensive end to play OLB in the Packers' system.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.