Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Vikings Week

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Some advantage in this. Obviously we want Arod to play, but Kizer can use the work.
    Yeah, no. Unless Rodgers absolutely can't go, Kizer should be doing no more than pulling splinters out of his tukus Sunday evening. As far as playoff goals are concerned, a home game against your top division rival is about as must-win as you can get.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

AR listed as questionable... Does anyone believe he is actually not going to play on Sunday?

I did read somewhere else that Vegas actually had the odds greater that he wouldn't play on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    AR listed as questionable... Does anyone believe he is actually not going to play on Sunday?

I did read somewhere else that Vegas actually had the odds greater that he wouldn't play on Sunday.
    Cheez, I'd be shocked if he didn't play unless it's a solid grade 2 sprain they feel could get completely torn. I highly doubt that since only morons would send him back out against the Bears in that scenario. Especially in light of the huge contract extension.

My guess is a pain threshold thing and he ain't gonna be real mobile. I hesitate to bet against the Vegas guys but how could he miss this game and it's medically justified going back in last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post

My guess is a pain threshold thing and he ain't gonna be real mobile. I hesitate to bet against the Vegas guys but how could he miss this game and it's medically justified going back in last week?
    I agree, unless playing on it last week actually made the injury worse.
    I wonder if the sleeve he was seen wearing on his knee was a gift from Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I agree, unless playing on it last week actually made the injury worse.
    I wonder if the sleeve he was seen wearing on his knee was a gift from Favre.

It could be a gift from Favre :^) . He's back in the fold. I suppose it could have gotten worse but I would presume since he didn't get drilled there during the game and the medical staff knew enough to not put him out there where wear and tear would cause it to get worse.

In terms of talent, Minnesota is considerably better across the board - except of course at QB.

The only chance we have is Rodgers and Pettine having great games, and the Vikings being a little out of sync.
    wist

I wouldn't say "across the board" but they are a very talented team.

Cousins can be had, You don’t have to sack that guy to freak him out. Just get pressure early and often. Problem is you have to do it out of mostly a run defense formation or they’ll gut you with their running game. Though I’m not sold on their O-line. But they can be very patient. You can’t count on scoring a lot of points.

It is amazing that there are so many dummies willing to bet their hard earned money on roughly even odds when Rodgers is at 70%. It's one thing to be a fan and talk big in a forum. But to pay for it?

This is a big week 2 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    when Rodgers is at 70%.
    Insider trading again I presume?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    This is a big week 2 game.
    yeah, but its still a week 2 game

we won't win on lose the super bowl based on this game........

unless we suffer a massive injury

A loss says a lot. A win says a lot. Let’s hope for health too. About as big of a week 2 game as there is.

I'll be shocked if we win... I don't think we have much of a chance.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I'll be shocked if we win... I don't think we have much of a chance.
    You often don't...

If someone would have told me on Friday Wisconsin would have lost to BYU like they did I would have told them they were crazy. UW was a huge favorite. Its a good thing football games aren't played on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    You often don't...

If someone would have told me on Friday Wisconsin would have lost to BYU like they did I would have told them they were crazy. UW was a huge favorite. Its a good thing football games aren't played on paper.
    Why are we talking about this?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.