View Poll Results: WOULD YOU START AROD vs DA QUEENIES ??

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • PLAY AROD- We need to win this game

11 78.57%
  • SIT AROD- It's in GB's best interest to do so

2 14.29%
  • I don't have the guts to offer a viewpoint

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SHOULD AROD PLAY ?

has anyone mentioned yet that he actually practiced today?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Sit him. We will not win this game.
    So it isn't worth it to even TRY??

If the team had this attitude we might as well forfeit. Some here think the Vikes are this overwhelming powerhouse who will blow us out of the stadium. They are a talented bunch but ya never know unless you play the damn game. The only reason you'd sit Rodgers is if playing him would make his injury worse and we'd lose him for several weeks. But of course a serious injury can happen any time a player dons a helmet and goes out there even if his knee is 100%.

It's not that the Vikings are an "overwhelming powerhouse". It's that the Packers minus Aaron Rodgers are so mediocre that just about any crap team - the Bears for example, or Cleveland last year - look like a powerhouse in comparison - Thanks again, Ted.

With Aaron Rodgers, even a "70%" Aaron Rodgers, I don't see the Packers losing to anybody, and I see a strong chance for a win today.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Latesr report is that he will play today
    And no knee sprain: it's a "compression injury" which I assume means nerve damage plus maybe bone bruise. Must hurt like the MF.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    And no knee sprain: it's a "compression injury" which I assume means nerve damage plus maybe bone bruise. Must hurt like the MF.

Now that he's buddied with Favre again, maybe BF sent him some of his stash that will make it all feel better for a half day..lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Per ESPN.com's Adam Schefter, Rodgers intends to play through what one source called a "pretty unusual injury that would keep most people out awhile."

Schefter added the injury is described as a "compression injury from blunt force while bent" that could take up to a couple of months to completely heal.

"He shouldn't have played last week and shouldn't play now, but he likely will," one source told Schefter. "There will certainly be a short leash, like there was last week, but we saw what happened."
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...al-knee-injury

i take that as we are one bad plant, twist or fall away from our season being over. on the other side, if he doesn't play for 2 months, our season IS over

enjoy it while it last folks

It sounds kinda like a cement block falling on your leg while you're sitting watching the game. It's basically a super-size bruise. As has been suggested here, pain can be minimized and dealt with, and this doesn't sound like something that will automatically get worse from use. That's better than a sprain - which is basically ligament damage - and could get worse from use.

unless theres a break or small fracture, which can get worse

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    So that seems to suggest that he was hurt after he fell down.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wasn't that obvious from the video? A three hundred pounder or two falling on him, maybe elbow first or whatever.

Hey, isn't that what that new rule makes a penalty?

If there was any fracture, the world would know, he'd be out, and we'd all be crying in our beer.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So that seems to suggest that he was hurt after he fell down.
    I heard some chatter that it's essentially like what Sam Bradford had last year.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Wasn't that obvious from the video? A three hundred pounder or two falling on him, maybe elbow first or whatever.

Hey, isn't that what that new rule makes a penalty?

If there was any fracture, the world would know, he'd be out, and we'd all be crying in our beer.
    That is what I thought at first. But on replay, he went down awkwardly and I thought maybe something popped as he was bouncing in the pocket or preparing to step away from pressure. Cause he looked really awkward going down and the hit while he was down was not the worst I have seen.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I know he’s playing. But I’d have sat him til he was mobile enough to run for a 1st down and rollout, and escape hits. Long term season risk vs 1 important game...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That is what I thought at first. But on replay, he went down awkwardly and I thought maybe something popped as he was bouncing in the pocket or preparing to step away from pressure. Cause he looked really awkward going down and the hit while he was down was not the worst I have seen.

That sure looks like a brace for ligament damage and not bone bruise.