Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Aaron Rodgers even good anymore?

this hits the nail on the head...

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    this hits the nail on the head...

great video

everything about this team is ass backwards

When you see the whole field, guys are open. He just doesn't want to take what's given.

In that sense, no... Aaron Rodgers is no longer an upper tier QB.
    Last edited by wist43; 11-16-2018 at 09:44 PM.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Seattle doesn’t even play the run. They just go
    full speed upfield. They know the Packers will stick to form. And even if they give one up odds are Stubby/Rodgers can’t help but revert to form. Odds are always in their favor.
    Packers learned the wrong lesson from 2014 playoff loss.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he's still good i would say, but he's not even close to playing up to his full potential
    Not sure he is healthy enough to. But the bigger drop-off is McCarthy's offensive planning.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    When you see the whole field, guys are open. He just doesn't want to take what's given.

In that sense, no... Aaron Rodgers is no longer an upper tier AN.
    AN?

Avocado Nibbler?

Bill Bardwell @billbarnwell
    Again: if a quarterback played like Aaron Rodgers did last night over an entire season, he would set the single-season yards per attempt record, the single-season passer rating record, and have the third-most passing yards in league history. Aaron Rodgers’s “problem” is a dream

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Again: if a quarterback played like Aaron Rodgers did last night over an entire season, he would set the single-season yards per attempt record, the single-season passer rating record, and have the third-most passing yards in league history. Aaron Rodgers’s “problem” is a dream
    And average 24 points a game. Middle of the Pack in today's NFL. Rodgers has a fairly high passer rating this year because he doesn't throw interceptions. It is the only area in which he has been truly elite.

AN?

Avocado Nibbler?
    Fucking auto fucksit!!!
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Fucking auto fucksit!!!
    C'mon Wist.

What is the word?

You got us playing Charades out here.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Interesting. What was his passer rating in the second half and on third downs?

I forget how the rating is computed. Does a QB get rated lower for incompletions on third down or for taking sacks?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I forget how the rating is computed. Does a QB get rated lower for incompletions on third down or for taking sacks?
    Not with passer rating. I believe Passer rating is basically average yards per pass attempt, percent of passes that are TD's and percentage of passes that are INT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    And average 24 points a game. Middle of the Pack in today's NFL. Rodgers has a fairly high passer rating this year because he doesn't throw interceptions. It is the only area in which he has been truly elite.
    Is that the QB or the offense?

Going by the first half, he average 42 points per game.

You want ESPN QBR or Football Outsiders DVOA for context specific ratings.

The point isn't that this is the best Aaron Rodgers, but that he is still in there somewhere amongst a very problematic offense. And he is hurting himself and the offense at times fighting against it.

You want ESPN QBR or Football Outsiders DVOA for context specific ratings.
    What's your link for this stuff? Do you just query it at pro-football-ref?

No thanks on the ESPER QBR crap.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

What's your link for this stuff? Do you just query it at pro-football-ref?

No thanks on the ESPER QBR crap.

Actually, QBR got rid of the problematic "clutch" factor a while back. Its more rigorous these days.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

The point isn't that this is the best Aaron Rodgers, but that he is still in there somewhere amongst a very problematic offense. And he is hurting himself and the offense at times fighting against it.
    wait, what? Fighting against the problematic offense? Or executing the problematic offense inefficiently? Everyone can see that at least one major problem is looking for the big shot 'extend offense' (EO) all the time when alternatives might be easier - especially since he's obviously physically limited by the knee and possibly the shoulder. Sure, he's started at such a high level that knocking him down a peg still makes him better than all but maybe 5 QBs, but running the EO doesn't work when he's not otherworldly. So which is it - that there are either few/no other options or that they aren't consistently being used? And who is responsible?

Actually, QBR got rid of the problematic "clutch" factor a while back. Its more rigorous these days.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Do I need premium access to figure out a rating in a specific quarter? Sorry, I gotta run to work; not trying to make you do work for me, but is there an easy way to get that info. I'd pay some money for it, but not a lot.

Did anyone see the first half?

He is not in a general decline except for aging. Injuries mean he is not as mobile as he once was which is costing him sacks as he does not seem to have adapted yet. Gets caught a lot from behind.

He doesn't trust the limited offense to get him first downs and so he is taking ill advised shots deep.

His footwork and arm mechanics are poor now, but I expect that is fixable with a better pass rush and health.

What I don't know is if a completely new offense will be accepted readily. I expect it would, I don't think he likes being in this position, but cannot be sure.

During the week, its 95% McCarthy's problem. They share the problem 50/50 during the game.
    He looked like his old self in the first half. You have to wonder what happened. I suspect Carroll made defensive adjustments and Mac did not. He abandoned the run AGAIN because the seachickens stopped it a couple of times.

I'm sure AR isn't as mobile as he once was. His line is giving him time most of the time but he doesn't seem to trust his young wide outs. He won't take checkdowns either. AR is too in love with deep shots when it isn't necessary. They make it all too damn difficult. I'm surprised Stubby nor his QB coach is addressing this issue.

Rodgers' footwork have never been all that great.

I agree, we don't need a new offense but perhaps a new perspective on this offense might breathe some life into it.

Stubby has never been known as a great game manager. His time management sucks and is stubborn to a fault.
    Last edited by Pugger; 11-17-2018 at 09:04 AM.