VS Packers Opponent
    Vikings 2-10 7-14
    Seattle 3-11 6-15
    Miami 4-10 4-14
    NE 6-13 4-11
    LA 2-9 8-18

Total 17-53 29-72
    (32%) (40%)

The defense has been slightly below average, but the offense has been terrible on 3rd down. Other than the Buffalo game, the Packers have been about 33.6% for the year.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Earlier in the year, the third downs were ridiculously long (averaging 9+ yards). I assume that's gotten better, but I bet the average is over 5. Packer mentality on third and over 5 seems to be to look 15-20+ yards downfield instead of 7-10.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Earlier in the year, the third downs were ridiculously long (averaging 9+ yards). I assume that's gotten better, but I bet the average is over 5. Packer mentality on third and over 5 seems to be to look 15-20+ yards downfield instead of 7-10.
    You're correct.. saw an article today covering just that. We've gotten into much more manageable third downs but are picking them up even less. The was also a stat about how even on third and 4 or less we're passing like 90% of the time.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    You're correct.. saw an article today covering just that. We've gotten into much more manageable third downs but are picking them up even less. The was also a stat about how even on third and 4 or less we're passing like 90% of the time.
    They've done that for like 10 years. This year they just really suck at converting them.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Rodgers had Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson and J-Mike in the past. All were excellent route runners.

Gute deserves blame for not acquiring Dez or Flash. I mean, St Paul is out there playing a ton, for fuck’s sake!

New England game wasn't bad on third down. More evidence that if Mike and Aaron are scared a bit, they get just conservative or creative enough to make it work.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.