Thread: Lose 4 of next 6??

Lose 4 of next 6??

Dolphins, @Seahawks, @Minn, Cards, Falcons, @Bears

Figure Minnesota game is no chance.
    Seahawks and Bears are both likely loses

That's 3 of em...

Cards is a win - probably.

That leaves the Dolphins and Falcons.

I think the Falcons are a better team, so more than likely a loss.

Think Dolphins game is a toss up, but will assume we win it.

That would put us at 5-8-1 with 2 to play. Tank the last 2??

5-10-1 would likely get us top 5 pick
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

That's 3 of em...

One top 5 pick isn't going to fix all the holes in this team. All the years of TT's failures and refusal to address issues is catching up.

Sheeeeesh! More panic and idiocy.

No chance against Minnesota? what's wrong with you - after we should have won the first game with Rodgers way less than 100%, no A. Jones, and the rookie receivers not nearly at the level they are now.

Lose to Seattle and the Bears? Yeah Right hahahahaha

Atlanta is a good team that is just coming around to where they should be - that one could be tough, but it's at home so we should win it.

I completely agree about TT's failures, but we're in that old familiar situation: the Packers shouldn't lose any of those games, although undoubtedly something will go wrong in at least one.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Sheeeeesh! More panic and idiocy.

No chance against Minnesota? what's wrong with you - after we should have won the first game with Rodgers way less than 100%, no A. Jones, and the rookie receivers not nearly at the level they are now.

Lose to Seattle and the Bears? Yeah Right hahahahaha

Atlanta is a good team that is just coming around to where they should be - that one could be tough, but it's at home so we should win it.

I completely agree about TT's failures, but we're in that old familiar situation: the Packers shouldn't lose any of those games, although undoubtedly something will go wrong in at least one.
    CBS has an article up in which they name 6 teams that will be looking for new HC's - of course GB is one of them.

MM is done in GB... my guess is he will be new Browns coach.

New GM, new coach... we're going exactly nowhere this year. We need to lose out. Winning a game here and there this year only lowers our draft position next year.
    wist

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I would be surprised if we dont win the next 8.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I would be surprised if we dont win the next 8.
    In 2016, I had an 8 game game day thread streak. Looks like it is time to start another streak.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Now that's what I'm talking about! WTG both of you. Not to be a downer, but I'm thinking more like 7-1 myself.

I like your optimism, Wist.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CBS has an article up in which they name 6 teams that will be looking for new HC's - of course GB is one of them.

MM is done in GB... my guess is he will be new Browns coach.

New GM, new coach... we're going exactly nowhere this year. We need to lose out. Winning a game here and there this year only lowers our draft position next year.
    at what point does murphy need to go?

he kept fat mike around way too long, and he kept TT around about 5 years too long, even though the world could see his mental capacity was fading

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    at what point does murphy need to go?

he kept fat mike around way too long, and he kept TT around about 5 years too long, even though the world could see his mental capacity was fading
    TT yes, but keeping MM til this year was defensible...

Now, however, is a different story... I think the writing is on the wall. MM has to go, and I think it's an easy call for Gute to make.
    wist

It might be an easy call if the Packers screw up as badly as some of ya'all predict. I'm pretty sure, though, all that panic is unwarranted; The Packers will finish strong and make the playoffs. What then? If we don't win or at least go to the Super Bowl, a lot of ya'all are gonna be clamoring for McCarthy to go. I honestly don't know at this point whether I would be in that clamoring group or not, but the point is, it would NOT be an easy call to get rid of him and in fact, probably would not happen.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    TT yes, but keeping MM til this year was defensible...

Now, however, is a different story... I think the writing is on the wall. MM has to go, and I think it's an easy call for Gute to make.
    This is self-contradictory. If TT was the problem and needed to go, then you are admitting that personnel is the problem. That can't be Stubby's fault. As the GM keeps cutting players, the talent pool shallows even more, exonerating Stubby further.

Now, all that may be a complete set-up for kicking Stubby out the door. As I've said many times, this may be 2005 redux. But there's sufficient reason to believe it's just a reset at the GM/personnel level and they have no intention of getting rid of Stubby and the rebuilt coaching staff.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Lose 4 of next 6??
    sounds about right. might get lucky and only lose 3.

That's 3 of em...

Well, I can admit when I'm wrong... we can't beat the Cardinals, lol

Well, the Bears game is pretty much no chance - so it comes down to the Falcons game.

1-3 so far... need to tank the rest of the season. Sit the vets you know won't be back... play guys like Burks - even though I have very little faith in him.
    wist