Thread: Goodbye Nick Perry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    If you're evaluating Ted Thompson draft busts purely on outcome I think there is a case that Nick Perry is his worst ever pick. While other picks have done less for the Packers, none have done so little for so long for such a cost. Perry's career is a near optimization on how to keep expectations high while contributing as little as possible over the course of seven years. Would the Packers not have been better off had Perry flamed out quickly like Harrell or Sherrod? At that point they are down the opportunity cost of a 1st round pick and a rookie signing bonus. Instead he showed just enough at every point to keep the Packers investing in him as an important part of their defensive plans while always falling short of expectations except of course in contract years. I'm not saying he's intentionally a con man but everyone knows he's going to rack up a dozen sacks this year for some team and seduce them into a another 40 million dollar commitment right?
    You know I despise the fishmongers, so I'm cool with Perry milking them somewhat. I wish I, a burger-flipper could milk my fishy employers out of 40 million frogskins- alas, I still flip burgers literally AND figuratively.

What's uncool is, hiphop safety Harrison Smith fell to Todd like the Great Arm of Butte did in 05, and Todd still took the 43 DE to play OLB in a 34.

Collins was just KIA-ed in the arena. Peprah or Banjo or McMillan or Earl Little or some other wanker started games at the free. Smith would've been glorious in the Green and Gold.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 03-12-2019 at 02:02 PM.