2019 kentucky derby

good way to kill any interest left in your sport

disqualify the clear favorite after a race he led wire to wire

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    good way to kill any interest left in your sport

disqualify the clear favorite after a race he led wire to wire
    He clearly hit the QB late
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I don't follow horse racing close enough to judge whether what happened merited a disqualification or not. The problem though is that it resulted in such an unsatisfactory result. If the incident had not happened, Country House was not going to win that race. The horses that were affected by what Maximum Security did were not the winner. Just a bad day for horse racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't follow horse racing close enough to judge whether what happened merited a disqualification or not. The problem though is that it resulted in such an unsatisfactory result. If the incident had not happened, Country House was not going to win that race. The horses that were affected by what Maximum Security did were not the winner. Just a bad day for horse racing.
    yeah, thats the big thing, the horse that wasn't impacted at all was the one that filed the complaint and won

i can see why the rules there, if the one horse that was impacted had clipped feet with the leader, then you might have had 3 horses being put down and three mexican midgets getting seriously hurt, but the horse tried to run around a puddle, and the jockey looked to clearly be trying to pull his head back

just an all around shitty situation. terrible look having humans decide a horse race

the biggest thing might be that betters lost 9 million dollars because of the questionable decision

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    the biggest thing might be that betters lost 9 million dollars because of the questionable decision
    An honest press would report on the suicides that took place after the reversal.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    And other betters won 9 million dollars. This is parimutuel betting. The same amount is paid out whoever was the winner.

To me personally, it was an easy DQ to call. The leader swung out of his lane and impeded multiple horses. It doesn't matter if there is a puddle.

The problem that horse racing has is that foul completely changes the outcome like two cars in NASCAR bumping and taking 6-7 others out of the race. The best 5 cars are out of the race and the car that could never have finished in the top 3 wins the race.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston