Thread: Hot Off The Grill !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Had to clean the grill today. Used a pressure washer to clean all of the cast iron grates. Would highly recommend. Looks like a brand new freaking grill.
    Good work!
    Was that intended for immediate use or are you wisely getting prepared for the 4th of July?

Looking for some burger ideas. Mixing minced onion/and or finely chopped Bell Pepper is great with salt/pepper, but does anyone do a special burger that we may not all know. Moose Burgers or Deer Burgers or perhaps some exotic ingredient that mixes well with high quality Ground Beef, all good ideas are most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Looking for some burger ideas. Mixing minced onion/and or finely chopped Bell Pepper is great with salt/pepper, but does anyone do a special burger that we may not all know. Moose Burgers or Deer Burgers or perhaps some exotic ingredient that mixes well with high quality Ground Beef, all good ideas are most welcome.
    When I want something better for burgers, I grind my own. As for additives, most often I keep it simple: salt & pepper always, garlic powder most of the time, fresh minced garlic and chopped jalapenos only for those who want it when I feel like "special orders". Occasionally, I sprinkle in some Worcester sauce or soy sauce. I work more on getting the meat I want than what I add to it.

Years ago, I would add a lot of things to the meat mixture, like onion, egg, bread crumbs, a dash ketchup, etc. Then, I realized I was basically making a meatloaf burger, and decided to emphasize more the meat flavor itself. Now I just provide lots of options for guests to put things on their burgers, rather than putting things into everyones' burgers..
    Last edited by Patler; 06-30-2019 at 08:35 PM.