Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Off The Grill !

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    No can do Radagast. Thanksgiving is first and foremost about confronting relatives about their white privilege.
    Playing the race card is both unwaredted and bigoted. Continuing to stir up the pot only promotes the negative instead of working toward a better tomorrow.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks like Thanksgiving is starting a little early at PackerRats!

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    All too often a holiday like Thanksgiving can also turn bad as family quarles/differences surface. Instead of peace and family harmony, old issues get dragged out in the open again and can lead to more than just harsh words. I encourage all to put such things aside for the holiday and be good to each other.
    Knock on wood, we have never experienced that at any family gathering.

God forbid, issues or grievances get aired publicly. Far better for things to fester unaddressed for years or decades.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Knock on wood, we have never experienced that at any family gathering.
    Is alcohol served?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    God forbid, issues or grievances get aired publicly. Far better for things to fester unaddressed for years or decades.
    I have an interesting situation coming up that will have pretty much all my Mothers side of the family (yes we rented a hall). The interesting part is my sister is not talking to me. Bitch wouldn’t even come to my moms house on Mamas bday while I was there and didn’t show until I left. She is also pissed at a few of our cousins at the moment. She will be invited but I am thinking will not show because that’s the shitty petty kind of person she is. If it was me I would still go since the person it is for is not part of the argument. But then us dudes tend get over shit fast. So TDay and Christmas will likely be more of the same even though we have always spent it together.

It bothers cuz of my mom because I know it hurts her but she still makes excuses for her daughter.

Playing the race card is both unwaredted and bigoted. Continuing to stir up the pot only promotes the negative instead of working toward a better tomorrow.
    *sigh*

He was being sarcastic and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I have an interesting situation coming up that will have pretty much all my Mothers side of the family (yes we rented a hall). The interesting part is my sister is not talking to me. Bitch wouldn’t even come to my moms house on Mamas bday while I was there and didn’t show until I left. She is also pissed at a few of our cousins at the moment. She will be invited but I am thinking will not show because that’s the shitty petty kind of person she is. If it was me I would still go since the person it is for is not part of the argument. But then us dudes tend get over shit fast. So TDay and Christmas will likely be more of the same even though we have always spent it together.

It bothers cuz of my mom because I know it hurts her but she still makes excuses for her daughter.
    Why's she pissed at you? You'll note I posted that question in a non-inflammatory way, Red would have asked "What did you do to piss her off, asshole?" But I'm not Red so I didn't ask it that way.

Yeah, the whole dragging others into it is lame-o. "I'm pisssed at Mad so I'm not coming so now everyone should be pissed at Mad." Whatevs, sis.

Our family is quite mellow. Mostly, a live and let live attitude. Everyone minds their own and doesn't interject themselves in the others.

Is alcohol served?
    Lots of wine for everyone, fair amount of beer for some. Various whiskeys usually show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Our family is quite mellow. Mostly, a live and let live attitude. Everyone minds their own and doesn't interject themselves in the others.
    I posted that on a phone so it's kind of hard to see and maintain thread awareness. My intent was to needle Rad/Woodblock, I later realized that the post could be misinterpreted as a shot at you.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Peaceable, drama free family gatherings are a wonderful thing.

I posted that on a phone so it's kind of hard to see and maintain thread awareness. My intent was to needle Rad/Woodblock, I later realized that the post could be misinterpreted as a shot at you.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Peaceable, drama free family gatherings are a wonderful thing.
    No problem, I took it more as good natured kidding than anything else.

Blog Entries

Question

Why's she pissed at you? You'll note I posted that question in a non-inflammatory way, Red would have asked "What did you do to piss her off, asshole?" But I'm not Red so I didn't ask it that way.

Yeah, the whole dragging others into it is lame-o. "I'm pisssed at Mad so I'm not coming so now everyone should be pissed at Mad." Whatevs, sis.
    Pull up a chair and smoke this fatty while I tell you....

I don’t look down on anyone attending city college. I just want him to have the adventure and learn to be on his own. As I told him he has earned it and to deny it because of money, well then I would be failing him.

Right on. Thanks for sharing.

My guess Sis spends too much time on Facebook and has some legit narcissistic tendencies. The projection speaks volumes. DARVO: Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim-Offender.

Sis might want to remember the words "Comparison is the thief of joy."

Ain't nothing wrong with CC and with tuition costs these days, it's a good option for so many kids. I have no problem with my kids doing that their first two years.

Glad to hear your boy is doing well, what school he get into?

Blog Entries
    She ain’t changing.

My apologies if I implied CC isn’t good enough. Not what I meant at all. In Mexico higher education is probably more important than here. My father always wanted more for his family and my son is fulfilling that dream for him. He is the first in my family to attend a four year university. Part of the American dream for us.

She ain’t changing.

My apologies if I implied CC isn’t good enough. Not what I meant at all. In Mexico higher education is probably more important than here. My father always wanted more for his family and my son is fulfilling that dream for him. He is the first in my family to attend a four year university. Part of the American dream for us.
    Lol. No apology necessary. My dad is an immigrant who ultimately got his PhD from mother fucking Princeton, and education is a HUGE deal for us.

But society has changed and the economics of it have changed, so I've adapted my approach to the changing world we live in.

Winter is upon us and grilling may not be a high priority, but it can be a great idea. Firing up a gas grill or lighting up some charcoal can be a way of brightening up the mood and changing the winter routine. From Hamburgers/Hot Dogs to a Pork Loin Roast, the possibilities are exciting.

OK folks, Super Bowl Sunday is almost upon us. time to plan our SB feast/snack trays.

1st: Beverages, ensure that your Beer/Liquor/Wine is properly on hand and ready to serve. Ice/mixers/and limes/salt/olives/etc are on hand and read to serve.

2nd: Food, get your food act together. Weather its a big meal, a buffet, or snack trays, you don't want to be rushing around at the last minute because you forgot to buy something or yor started cooking too late in the day. Get organized and triple check all long before SB Sunday is upon you.

3rd: Be Smart, get good quality disposable plates, cups, utensils and save yourself on cleanup latter. Have a convenient, bag lined, garbage bin for easy and convenient availability. Bin should have some sort of a lid.

4th: Test/clean TV, screen, audio system. Ensure enough chairs, tv trays, etc. Be sure that your bathrooms are guest ready.

I've been invited to a SB party and I plan to bring Tortilla Chips and a Xlarge size Salsa Dip. I also will be bringing a six pack of beer as well.

What's on your Super Bowl Menu ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    OK folks, Super Bowl Sunday is almost upon us. time to plan our SB feast/snack trays.

1st: Beverages, ensure that your Beer/Liquor/Wine is properly on hand and ready to serve. Ice/mixers/and limes/salt/olives/etc are on hand and read to serve.

2nd: Food, get your food act together. Weather its a big meal, a buffet, or snack trays, you don't want to be rushing around at the last minute because you forgot to buy something or yor started cooking too late in the day. Get organized and triple check all long before SB Sunday is upon you.

3rd: Be Smart, get good quality disposable plates, cups, utensils and save yourself on cleanup latter. Have a convenient, bag lined, garbage bin for easy and convenient availability. Bin should have some sort of a lid.

4th: Test/clean TV, screen, audio system. Ensure enough chairs, tv trays, etc. Be sure that your bathrooms are guest ready.

I've been invited to a SB party and I plan to bring Tortilla Chips and a Xlarge size Salsa Dip. I also will be bringing a six pack of beer as well.
    did you send this suggestion list to the person who invited you in time to get disinvited?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck