Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Off The Grill !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My go to on bbq is Steven raichlen.

Currently have a chicken split into 4 pieces with a sweet chili sauce on the grill. The chicken was alive on our farm 3 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    My go to on bbq is Steven raichlen.

Currently have a chicken split into 4 pieces with a sweet chili sauce on the grill. The chicken was alive on our farm 3 hours ago.

Chicken don't get any fresher than that. As for Steven Raichlen, I was unfamiliar with him, but you have expanded my knowledge. I'll be looking into him more for new taste ideas.

I came across a great slow cooker recipe for chicken breast, very basic with Chicken broth and butter as the base ingredients. With additional spices for flavor, it should cook for 6 hours and be moist, tender, and flavorful. I plan to try it this fall.

Speaking of chicken, I plan to visit a nearby Bojangles Restaurant for a special lunch/dinner around 4pm Sunday. A treat that I try to enjoy at lest twice a year.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If all you masterchef wannabes' steaks are so damn good get down with salt and pepper only! Make it about how it was cooked/technique not how many hipster ingredients you can use.

I have a newer gas grill and an old skool smoker I use for wood (not chips, logs). Pecan smoke is the shit on a pork shoulder with garlic chucks embedded in it and some rub. I start in the morning and 8-10 hours later it is heaven on Earth. I used it to make tamales one year and the reviews where off the charts!

Do you mofos cooks tri-tips outside of Cali? I have heard it is considered a low cut of beef but very popular here.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    All I ever use is salt and pepper on steak. Let the steak speak for itself.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

My brother's gas grill is on it's last legs and I fully expect that he will replace it soon. Another full size one with a separate burner and I expect before Labor Day arrives. He has been using a Brinkman, but may try another brand.

What gas grills, smokers, charcoal grills do you all recommend and why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    My brother's gas grill is on it's last legs and I fully expect that he will replace it soon. Another full size one with a separate burner and I expect before Labor Day arrives. He has been using a Brinkman, but may try another brand.

What gas grills, smokers, charcoal grills do you all recommend and why ?

I got a CharBroil last year and am very happy with it. It's a smaller one so I can't say how the larger ones are, and I don't know about durability yet. It cooks fairly even across the whole surface, and it actually has folding sides so it fits in my garage when not in use.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

That's what I call getting busy with it !

A great weekend to fire up the grill. I'll be purchasing supplies at one of my local grocery stores today. I'm ready to buy beef today, but not a steak or brisket. I'm thinking of getting a high grade of Hamburger, adding salt, pepper, and a few finely chopped onions, and making up some Hamburger Steaks for my grill. Additionally, using beef broth and more onions and flower to make some Gravy to place my grilled steaks in to soak for 1 to 2 hours on a medium/low heat. White Rice, Country Biscuits, a garden salad should nearly complete the meal. I like Iced Tea, so I'll be brewing up some and get it chilling today.

That good of a meal deserves a desert, but I'll be too full for ice cream or cream pie.

All right sports fans there is a football game tonight. The HOF Game.

To celebrate, today I'll be getting prepared for the game with a good meal. Falcons vs Broncos, horse meat is out of the question as is falcon, but chicken will serve as as fine substitute. My local grocer makes / sells great Fried Chicken and also sells a killer Potato Salad. Add fresh baked Biscuits with Honey along with ice cold beer and oh yeah baby.
    I'm a breast man so two should serve me just right.

Enjoy the game !

My brother and I recently spoke, and he is currently looking into buying a new grill. He told me that Stainless Steel may in the equation as rust will not be a problem. He can afford the very best and most likely will get something world class.

Know about gas grills or a great grilling method or have a super great recipe, then please share it here.

Thanks

A Bacon Cheeseburger with Onion Rings !

A feast for a King !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post

A Bacon Cheeseburger with Onion Rings !

A feast for a King !

Encore

Let's take a moment to talk about grilling Chicken. There are many good methods. Ranging from marinating to dry rubs to all of the huge variety of Bar-B-Q sauces, the grilling method is pretty much a personal choice.

Many only grill the breast fillets and others prefer to cook all of the parts. Still others may have a motorized rotisserie that can deliver a feast for the gods. Smokers too offer up a way to prepare up a savory Chicken, Duck, Turkey, or other poultry delights.

I just love a good Rice Dish with poultry. Many fine ingredients can turn plain rice into a special treat. Sliced Almonds to Water Chestnuts to Mushrooms to chopped onions or peppers, rice can offer a way to be creative and serve a new flavor sensation to your table. Ton's of great easy rice recipes are out there, so go for it !

For me, Great Bread can be the special element that completes a great meal. I just love Sourdough rolls or freshly baked Country Style Buttermilk Biscuits with real butter and maybe some honey too. You get the idea.

So what beverage goes best with a great poultry feast? Some keep it simple with Ice Water, others like Ice Tea or Cold Beer or a nice glass of Wine. I like a glass of Burgundy Wine, but again it's another personal preference.

The only thing holding many of you back is a trip to the store. Share your grilling ideas here or post up a photo of your grill/table soon.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    you should add that to the Wiki page.

Also, add Stubb's https://www.stubbsbbq.com.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Mrs Patler likes it when I spatchcock the bird.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    watch your language, mister.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ha! Total set up for wisecracks!
    I looked up what it meant. I was also going to suggest the same, style is known as butterflied to me. But it has to be done over fire (wood or charcoal) not gas to be right.

Rad - Cancel that ovenbaked shit, it need to come out like this. The quarters need to cover the breast so they don't dry out.

Sauers, a local Richmond company, makes as a part of their product line, a very good Bar-B-Que sauce. I don't know the range of it's distribution, but if you can find it in your local grocery store, I recommend to all to give it a try. It is a great sauce/marinate (especially with chicken). I like to combine Sauers Barbecue sauce, 1 to 1, with another thicker sauce like Krafts Original or Sweet Baby Rays or even a Bourbon flavored barbeque sauce. I prefer to marinate my chicken with the combination sauce for not less than 90 minutes (overnight if time permits), before grilling. This sauce combination is a product of decades of careful consideration and has been proven to be a favorite at cookouts with family and friends.

Pre-spatchcock, chickens were noticeably smaller and but they were juicier. Consider this variety from 1977.

To begin with, to Spatchcck a bird is to cut it down the back in order to "butterfly" it. Then the entire bird can be grilled without a rotisserie.

Next, I don't understand and never will "get" the fascination that some have with the most bloody or the most strange or the grossest possible images. If being offensive to others is the end goal, then I must ask how one derives enjoyment from such things. Isn't the world sick enough without adding zombies and entrails at every turn?

Finally, now is a great time of the year to grill seafood. If you know a great grilling method/s for seafood, please post your recipe, technique, and/or super side dish for seafood. Such things as Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops or Crab Stuffed Flounder or Spiced Steamed Shrimp are a few great melt in your mouth specialities. Grilled Catfish or Tuna are some more great grilling treats.

What's on your grill ?