Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Off The Grill !

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I just Patlerized some brats/sausage (Italian style to be used with pasta). I also did some brats that same way about two weeks ago. There is some merit to it. The flavor and the texture are different. More flavor for sure.
    Sounds great !

Have you ever done a Brat or Kielbasa or Polish Sausage Stir Fry? Slice the meat in chunks slowly stir fry in extra large skillet with whatever turns you on. Onions, Peppers, Squash, etc. In addition, the choice of oil/spices/citrus/or .whatever is nearly endless. One can go from simple to as exotic as you want.

You could go crazy man !

The Great Taco Salad Buffet Bar !

A Festiva

Grilled lettuce and shredded cheese, yum!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I believe this is more of a Festiva:

All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Love a Buffet.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post

Love a Buffet.
    So does Stubby. Is this the Golden. Corral?

I am sure this is very fatty and artery clogging, but hot damn burgers cooked this way were damn good.

https://www.bonappetit.com/columns/l...icle/ed-letter

Normally I buy the premade pub burgers at the grocery store. They grill up great, but my kids won't eat 'em for whatever reason. I wanted to make a very thin patty to coerce the kids into eating them, and sure enough, this was mission accomplished and both the two and the four year old scarffed 'em down.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I am sure this is very fatty and artery clogging, but hot damn burgers cooked this way were damn good.

Normally I buy the premade pub burgers at the grocery store. They grill up great, but my kids won't eat 'em for whatever reason. I wanted to make a very thin patty to coerce the kids into eating them, and sure enough, this was mission accomplished and both the two and the four year old scarffed 'em down.

There are loads of methods for pre preparing hamburgers. I'd like to suggest one of them.

To 1 lb. or more of your prefered hamburger, add:

1 package of dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Thoroughly work the mix into the meat and then shape your patties as you prefer. Grill as desired and add cheese (if desired).

Also, I like to toast my Hamburger Rolls on the grill too.

Additionally, potato or pasta salad complements the meal.

To round out the meal, cubed melon (honeydew or watermelon) goes very well.

I like cold beer with such a meal, but Tea or Lemonade are great too.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

You have kids P??? Well I’ll be damn, high five foo!

I also like thin patties. Much more layered flavor versus one thick one. Stacking them with cheese in between is the ultimate tasty greasefest. The biting experience is also better with multiple layers of bark on the patties. I like to put them in direct contact with the flames. For a fast cook that leaves the thin inside about medium.

You have kids P??? Well I’ll be damn, high five foo!

I also like thin patties. Much more layered flavor versus one thick one. Stacking them with cheese in between is the ultimate tasty greasefest. The biting experience is also better with multiple layers of bark on the patties. I like to put them in direct contact with the flames. For a fast cook that leaves the thin inside about medium.

I must say, it's all good.

Now, let's talk bacon. I like bacon on burgers. Bacon wrapped/grilled scallops or bacon wrapped bacon is good with me !

I like bacon in my garden salad and in my baked beans as well. I'm waiting for Taco Bell to have a Bacon Taco or Bacon Burrito. Bacon over sausage with my fried breakfast eggs suits me tastefully.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok Rad are rolling off the grill theme here. You obviously no respect for bacon because it merits its own thread.

But yes it is damn great on anything. Maple bacon donut was the best I have ever tried.

Ok Rad are rolling off the grill theme here. You obviously no respect for bacon because it merits its own thread.

But yes it is damn great on anything. Maple bacon donut was the best I have ever tried.

I disagree, bacon and grilling go hand in hand. A cast iron skillet serves very well alongside those hamburger patties. In addition, bacon wrapped scallops work well with butter as they cook in a skillet beside grilling Tuna or Salmon.

I'm sure that many other fine bacon/grilling ideas can be found. Point is there are an abundance of different ways to grill with bacon.

Thanksgiving is drawing near. Most will bake their Turkey in an indoor oven, which is great. Question is do any of you Smoke or Roast (with a grill) 0r even fry your big birds. I've eaten it cooked so and all are terrific.

Any advice, warnings, stories (good/bad), traditions, favorites, etc. regarding the holiday would be great. My family gathers for a traditional holiday and often are joined by 1 to 2 unexpected guest. All are welcome and no one leaves hungry.

You hear that rand? You are welcome at Rad's house for Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    He hasnt PMed me his address.

I must say, it's all good.

Now, let's talk bacon. I like bacon on burgers. Bacon wrapped/grilled scallops or bacon wrapped bacon is good with me !

I like bacon in my garden salad and in my baked beans as well. I'm waiting for Taco Bell to have a Bacon Taco or Bacon Burrito. Bacon over sausage with my fried breakfast eggs suits me tastefully.
    Bacon makes everything better!!!

#baconator

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post

First, my family gathers at my brothers home.

Second, any Thanksgiving guest are specially invited by my brother or his family only.

Last, I could get "Mr.W.Va" an invitation, but he would have to supply a completely clean criminal background check, a certified/notarized letter of recommendation from a ordained minister/pastor, and a certified/notarized letter from an accredited Medical Doctor stating that he has no communicable diseases. I highly doubt that he could supply a clean record, morals recommendation, or a clean bill of health. Psychotic mental deficients need not apply.

P.S. As I don't read his vomit infused crap, following my post to make comments only proves that he needs to go back to work in that nasty coal mine, they accept anyone.

Happy Thanksgiving !

First, my family gathers at my brothers home.

Second, any Thanksgiving guest are specially invited by my brother or his family only.

Last, I could get "Mr.W.Va" an invitation, but he would have to supply a completely clean criminal background check, a certified/notarized letter of recommendation from a ordained minister/pastor, and a certified/notarized letter from an accredited Medical Doctor stating that he has no communicable diseases. I highly doubt that he could supply a clean record, morals recommendation, or a clean bill of health. Psychotic mental deficients need not apply.

P.S. As I don't read his vomit infused crap, following my post to make comments only proves that he needs to go back to work in that nasty coal mine, they accept anyone.

Happy Thanksgiving !
    I can provide all those things, except vomit infused crap - I suspect such a thing might only result from a tainted bird.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I can provide all those things, except vomit infused crap - I suspect such a thing might only result from a tainted bird.
    Tainted Bird, wasn't that a song by Soft Cell?