Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers-Lions Discussion Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Official Packers-Lions Discussion Thread

Game this week of course.

To start off, a blast from the past: Barry Sanders "Top 50" runs

Note that only 10/50 are on grass, and most against Tampa Bay.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I want another day to celebrate, and marinate in, the Cowboys feeling robbed.

Seeing the Dez non-catch in the highlights they played during the game was a lot of fun.

I fear the Lions and Patricia might be for real.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I want another day to celebrate, and marinate in, the Cowboys feeling robbed.

Seeing the Dez non-catch in the highlights they played during the game was a lot of fun.

I fear the Lions and Patricia might be for real.
    I wouldn't have even started a thread, but I ran across the Sanders vid and was intrigued by the lack of grass plays.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Thought of Barry yesterday when Aikman started talking about Emmitt. Barry would have been unstoppable with that Dallas OL.
    Go PACK

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I just hope that ass Aikman isn't announcing the game!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I have a hard time taking the Lions seriously, but they beat the team that beat us, and they came within 4 points of K.C.

I think losing to the Eagles had a lot to do with over-confidence. Hopefully they learned something from that loss and will be focused in the Lions game. Leave the over-confidence to us fans hahahahahaha. I don't see any way we don't beat the Lions - hopefully finally figuring out how to close out a game.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    If it's not the cowbois, he usually gobble's #12's load pretty good. He actually respects 12 in a way he didn't respect 4.

Lions do look like a really good team. Defense and offense. Gonna be a really tough game. I’ve noticed teams coming off bye weeks often times start slow, while they shake off the rust and then finish strong. Packers had 3 extra days last week and an extra day this week. That’s idea for being sharp to start the game, and it’s at home.

I expect the Packers to start fast. I just hope they can maintain it.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Well you know Joe, having a good offensive line can make all the difference for a quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I wouldn't have even started a thread, but I ran across the Sanders vid and was intrigued by the lack of grass plays.

Lions do run the football. Kerryon Johnson, well, he carries on. And on. And Kenny Golladay is the real deal. And the Lions have beaten the Pack, what, four in a row?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Game this week of course.

To start off, a blast from the past: Barry Sanders "Top 50" runs

Note that only 10/50 are on grass, and most against Tampa Bay.

Didn't his double 80 yarder come against Bucs in Tampa?

Sanders was perfect suited to run behind a crappy OL. Not sure having a good OL would have made much difference for him

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Lions do run the football. Kerryon Johnson, well, he carries on. And on. And Kenny Golladay is the real deal. And the Lions have beaten the Pack, what, four in a row?
    Yes. 4 in a row. However, in 2 of those games Rodgers didn't play at all. And in the last one last year Rodgers exited in the 1st quarter. Brett Hundley and Deshon Kizer have played most of the minutes in those games. Oh, and Joe Callahan too. Maybe if TT had kept Taysom Hill...But I digress. At any rate, I truly believe Aaron Rodgers playing probably improves the Packers chances of winning. Packers are 14-4 versus Lions when Aaron Rodgers starts and finishes the game.

Lions are pretty good though.

Loins have a rushing attack and an all new TE contingent. Able to really spread the ball around. Not sure how solid pass pro is but unless he’s desperate, Stamford is good recognizing blitzes.

Sanders caught by Doug Evans. Almost caught by LeRoy Butler.

Dick Enberg announcing a Broncos-Lions game took me back. Oh MY!

Sanders short TD versus Bills SB defense (Smith, Cornelius Bennett, Daryl Talley)

Sanders beating a Packer defense I barely recognize. No idea who 37 was, but was 36 a rookie Butler?

Sanders getting by Johnny Holland and T Buckley. Buckley caught him.

Enberg again with Sanders versus Jets.

ESPN Sunday Night Game with Packers. Brian Williams, Newsome and maybe Bernardo Harris (55?) and maybe Mike Pryor (39?) at safety?

Standard Def 4:3 allowed a LOT of holding to go uncalled.

Chicago and Minny had a tough time with two games a piece on turf with that dude.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Sanders beating a Packer defense I barely recognize. No idea who 37 was, but was 36 a rookie Butler?
    1991 36 was Butler and 37 was Mark Murphy (not that Mark Murphy).

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    I see you watched the Cleveland game.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Well you know Joe, having a good offensive line can make all the difference for a quarterback.
    I believe you
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Well you know Joe, when an elephant takes a dump in a thread it's a real momentum changer. That other Lions/Packers discussion thread that was started after this one has a real chance now of making this a one post game.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!