Thread: Going to Seattle Game, looking for info

Going to Seattle Game, looking for info

As I mentioned in another thread, for only my second time ever, I am going to the Packer game on Sunday. My first trip was a preseason game in the early 1980's. I have a few questions for anyone who might have suggestions or comments.

- Can we reasonably expect to get into any of the eating places at the field if we are there at noon when they open? Suggestions as to which we should go to?

- Any concession "special" items that we should try during the game? Some fields have unique items. Do the Packers have any?

- If we get there at noon for the 3:30 game, how congested will traffic be at that time? Do they change streets to one-way to handle game day traffic? I know many cities do. I am not sure where we are going, as we are parking at the house of a friend of a friend only a few blocks from the stadium. Do I have to plan an alternate way to get there because of traffic changes?

- Which end of the field do the Packers come in at?

- Can I bring my leather lounge chair so I don't have to sit on the benches?!!!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    If you get there right at 11am you could probably grab a table at the 1919 Kitchen & Tap. It opens earlier than the stadium. You can get reservations there so you probably would need them for this Sunday and I am guess they are all booked if they take reservations on game day.

There really is nothing that is famous at Lambeau Field for food, but there are now bacon wrapped brats that everyone was raving about. The line was about 20 minutes to get 1 during the last preseason game so we skipped the experience.

If you get there at noon you will have no problems with traffic. There will be short backups but nothing crazy. We like getting to GB at noon for the 3:00 games. You can get a table at any of the surrounding bars/tailgates at that time. We like to go and watch the first couple hours of the early game while have lunch and drinks.

The Packers go in from the southeast corner of the stadium. The visitors come in from the south end zone. The Packers have the west side of the field as that is the side that is out of the sun first.

You can bring seats in but they have to be a certain size or smaller. Same with women's purses. Lots of women with purses will/would be running back to where they parked to get a different purse.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Here is the link for 1919.

https://www.1919kitchenandtap.com/

Looks like 1919 opens at 11:25 this game day and is not taking reservations so it is first come first serve.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Check the NFL site and Lambeau field for what they allow you bring in - as TD says, you can burned big time trying to bring in a prohibited item. Two years ago, my mother, unbeknownst to me, was bringing in her telephoto lens camera and they told her she couldn't bring it in. I had to take it back to the car a half mile away (this was in Phoenix). I missed most of the first quarter (not that it mattered).

Lambeau rents chairs that attach to the benches and then you can just leave them there.

The De Pere police like to grope thin men. You have been warned.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Thanks to both of you for the info. Someone had mentioned the purse issue to my wife, so she looked it up and has been measuring all her small ones. I suggested she simply not bring one, and you would have thought I suggested she go in naked! What is it with women and their purses?

I'm probably too old, and I am not exactly thin; so I expect the De Pere police will let me through untouched!

https://www.lodgekohler.com/food-drink/

The new Lodge Kohler Hotel across the street has some dining options. My Uncle is one of their Chef's there, he'll actually be working 11-6 in the Cafe sunday.

http://hinterlandbeer.com/restaurant/green-bay/

Hinterland is also new next to Lodge Kohler across from the stadium. Those would both be on the Western side of the stadium on Ridge Road.

There's always Chuck E. Cheese also

Have fun! We had chance at tickets for pretty cheap from a co-worker of my wife, but we are choosing to watch it from the comfort of our living room.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Thanks ND. We actually had our choice of games, this or the Vikings in December. We chose sunny and warm September!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    you would have thought I suggested she go in naked!
    I suggest that to my wife all the time and it's worked out pretty well so far.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Thanks ND. We actually had our choice of games, this or the Vikings in December. We chose sunny and warm September!

You'll have to settle for sunny and kind of warm. At least warmer than it has been! overnight low tonight up north in the 30's.

Have fun!
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Blog Entries
    P, my sister in law was made to take off (& essentially leave) the case that the camera was in. There was a barrel with at least 100 camera cases in it and you weren't allowed to go thru it at the end of the game. So tell your wife to go naked...camera, that is.

Blog Entries
    P, my sister in law was made to take off (& essentially leave) the case that the camera was in. There was a barrel with at least 100 camera cases in it and you weren't allowed to go thru it at the end of the game. So tell your wife to go naked...camera case, that is.

If you are on 29 driving past shawano, jump off the freeway and go to the Launching Pad bar and grill. Great food, good prices and a slice of my personal life experience. Get a Brandy Old Fashion.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Just have a great time.