Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gift Ideas !

Exclamation Christmas Gift Ideas !

With Christmas drawing ever closer, some may be facing the challenge of what to give for Christmas. The ideas are simple for some, but for others we face more difficulty.

My Christmas list is both easy and hard. Take my sister-in law for example. She does not need any more clothes and a kitchen ware or house cleaning gift would not go over well. As a result I've alternated giving her a nice table candle or scented bath soaps.

While pajamas work for some, they don't work for others. There was a time when power tools worked for some, but no longer.

I've started this thread to be a help for members. Suggestions, help request, holiday ideas, etc. now have a thread. Hopefully someone will benefit from another members good holiday spirit.

Merry Christmas !

A few gift ideas.

A Coffee Mug
    House Slippers
    Wool Socks
    A White Dress Shirt
    Shoe Shine Kit/Supplies
    Sunglasses
    A bottle of real Maple Syrup
    A Wall Calendar for the new year
    A Beer Stein
    A Coloring Book and Crayons (childrens gift)
    A new set of Guitar Strings (for the musician)
    A Car Wash Kit (plastic bucket, sponge, car wash detergent, and a new shammie )
    A framed Wall Picture
    New Bed Pillows
    A new bed blanket
    New bed sheets
    A Bandana
    A new Sugar Bowl with Sugar Spoon
    Salt and Pepper Shakers
    Table Candles
    A Bathrobe
    A restaurant gift card
    A bottle of Bourbon or Vodka or Rum (gift wrapped of course)
    A bottle of Wine
    Wine Glasses
    An Ice Chest (large enough to fit a case of beer with ice too)
    A new Football
    A Baseball glove
    A Basketball
    A Baseball Bat
    A Green Bay Packer Jersey (#15 or #12 )

Post your ideas if you will and share your holiday spirit .

The only conclusion I can come to is that Packerrats is being used as a Dropbox for coded messages for a nefarious organization.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Unhappy people sometimes use a forum to vent their sad lives upon. The shame is that too many people build walls instead of bridges. No hidden coded messages here, just a hope that all have a happy holiday season.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rad - You have to be reasonable. You make threads in RR that are cool and get people talking as you see in the BBQ one. But then you say global disses that are not cool. You cant expect posters to want to chat it up with you when you insult their intelligence and seriously call them idiots. It’s one thing to battle with someone because you don’t agree. It’s another to take your ball and go home then act surprised when they don’t want to play with you later.

Arguing or debating is part of the fun of posting IMO. Grouping the entire forum into the category of idiots is wrong. I could see if you said that to me or Red. But there are many informed posters who try having a little fun with you. Instead of rising to the occasion you shrink. Battle back if you choose but stop getting all butt hurt with everyone might help.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Rad - You have to be reasonable. You make threads in RR that are cool and get people talking as you see in the BBQ one. But then you say global disses that are not cool. You cant expect posters to want to chat it up with you when you insult their intelligence and seriously call them idiots. It’s one thing to battle with someone because you don’t agree. It’s another to take your ball and go home then act surprised when they don’t want to play with you later.

Arguing or debating is part of the fun of posting IMO. Grouping the entire forum into the category of idiots is wrong. I could see if you said that to me or Red. But there are many informed posters who try having a little fun with you. Instead of rising to the occasion you shrink. Battle back if you choose but stop getting all butt hurt with everyone might help.

Believe as you please, but I'll not back down to a racist or be bullied by anyone. Debating should be a part of this forum, but personal attacks and low class behavior can't be overlooked when it's directed in my direction. More than one posters are on my ignore list, so I'm trying to avoid confrontations. Not all forum members are idiots, yet too many would fit in just fine with the 13/14 year old at a middle school.

I don't know your age, but I grew up with Bob Hope and Carol Burnett and many others that did not feel the need to use vulgarity or sex to get a laugh. You can call me what you will, but I've refused to lower my standards to accommodate anyone. It's always been easier to lower standards than to elevate them. In addition, I also salute those rare post/posters that do write impressive prose and present a valid argument.

I don't feel the need to wallow in the mud because others do it..

Oink, oink.

/woosh
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

My Christmas gift to Radagast/Woodblock would be:

Discenrment and a sense of humor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    /woosh
    Pretty much. I tried probably shouldn’t bother again.

Pretty much. I tried probably shouldn’t bother again.
    I've tried too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Believe as you please, but I'll not back down to a racist or be bullied by anyone. Debating should be a part of this forum, but personal attacks and low class behavior can't be overlooked when it's directed in my direction. More than one posters are on my ignore list, so I'm trying to avoid confrontations. Not all forum members are idiots, yet too many would fit in just fine with the 13/14 year old at a middle school.

I don't know your age, but I grew up with Bob Hope and Carol Burnett and many others that did not feel the need to use vulgarity or sex to get a laugh. You can call me what you will, but I've refused to lower my standards to accommodate anyone. It's always been easier to lower standards than to elevate them. In addition, I also salute those rare post/posters that do write impressive prose and present a valid argument.

I don't feel the need to wallow in the mud because others do it..
    Lets do things your way then.

You DO NOT decide what is or isn’t at this forum. You ARE NOT the morality police here. YOU, RADAGAST have zero authority on any matter here. You ARE not here to contest the will of Sauron or PackerRats.

HAVE A GOOD DAY, sir!

You SHALL not PASS!!!!!!!

I gotta ask again, have there been any Woodbuck sightings lately? Is multiple accounts still a no no? This one is a little more cantankerous than the last one, but I would bet my kids chickens they come from the same stock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    You SHALL not PASS!!!!!!!
    Pics or it didn’t happen!

That was Gandalf. You lose nerd cred on that one.

Pics or it didn’t happen!

That was Gandalf. You lose nerd cred on that one.

I’ve started teaching my kids D&D. I got nerd cred to burn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I gotta ask again, have there been any Woodbuck sightings lately? Is multiple accounts still a no no? This one is a little more cantankerous than the last one, but I would bet my kids chickens they come from the same stock.
    If Woody had a son...

Yes not suppose to have multiple accounts. In today’s VPN world it isn’t hard to pretend you are in different place. Sort of a not worth the effort to prosecute victimless crimes thing. My main concern is personal info being revealed or someone doing malicious shit. That’s why we have a few admins who can zap the account and remove anything if needed. I If someone gets their jollies having multiple account I don’t worry because the forum tends to regulate itself.

This sums it up nicely. Consider the forum posters the bulldogs and Sylvester the morons who waste their time.

I would consider admins the old man or the dog catcher.

No matter what I try I can't get this to work with the 12 days of Christmas. Real maple syrup worked for the 5th day.

And Mad is the old man dropping the cat over the fence.

Blog Entries
    I do it with good intentions!