Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gift Ideas !

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    If Woody had a son...

Yes not suppose to have multiple accounts. .... If someone gets their jollies having multiple account I don’t worry because the forum tends to regulate itself.
    I know, I wasn't really concerned about multiple accounts, really just marveling at how alike they are. Though you gotta admit, the fact that they never interact with one another does lead you to wonder....

A sweater is always nice.

If I were not a poster in this forum, the "good ole boys" would find another to be sadistic with. Yes, my morals are strong and for that I stand proud. I'm not a morality marshal and I know that the behavior of others is not within my ability to correct. Being civil is within the authority of this forums managers, yet their standards are based according to their personal standards. Enough said.

Incorrect. You wag your finger in people's faces, shame them and moralize in a condescending fashion. This is an Internet forum whose primary function is discussion of a GAME. Which, I may remind you, is ENTERTAINMENT. Ergo, this is a forum about ENTERTAINMENT.

Moralizing detracts from ENTERTAINMENT and makes it UNFUN.

Therefore, you get dogpiled because that is more FUN then playing by your rigid, UNFUN rules, which, by the way, you have no authority to impose or enforce.

If you have me on 'ignore', you are what kids these days refer to as a PUSSY.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think someone found themselves a custom Rat Name.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    you are what kids these days refer to as a PUSSY.
    Such language. You go to your room and say 10 prayers of whatever it is you believe in young man!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I know, I wasn't really concerned about multiple accounts, really just marveling at how alike they are. Though you gotta admit, the fact that they never interact with one another does lead you to wonder....
    Cmon Clark Kent and Superman never got seen together and.. ohhhh.

Incorrect. You wag your finger in people's faces, shame them and moralize in a condescending fashion. This is an Internet forum whose primary function is discussion of a GAME. Which, I may remind you, is ENTERTAINMENT. Ergo, this is a forum about ENTERTAINMENT.

Therefore, you get dogpiled because that is more FUN then playing by your rigid, UNFUN rules, which, by the way, you have no authority to impose or enforce.

You make my point for me. Your very correct, I don't any authority to impose civility or enforce rules on personal attacks. If I ignored all the posters that offended me, I'd find very little to read. As for my own post, a little research would find that I've been more right than wrong about the Packers.

"Moralizing detracts from ENTERTAINMENT and makes it UNFUN." ? This sort of statement confirms my argument and only displays your true character.

Happy Holidays !

Only thing is, the wagging seems to happen without any self awareness. Like a tail wagging a dog. I'm trying to figure out for myself if that should be an argument for a little sympathy or if it makes it even more irritating. I agree, though, it makes it more unfun AND more entertaining at same time

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    You make my point for me. Your very correct, I don't any authority to impose civility or enforce rules on personal attacks. If I ignored all the posters that offended me, I'd find very little to read. As for my own post, a little research would find that I've been more right than wrong about the Packers.

"Moralizing detracts from ENTERTAINMENT and makes it UNFUN." ? This sort of statement confirms my argument and only displays your true character.

Happy Holidays !
    Do tell. What does it reveal about my character. I’m all ears.

And Happy Holidays to you and Mae. I do mean that sincerely.

You make my point for me. Your very correct, I don't any authority to impose civility or enforce rules on personal attacks.
    So stop trying
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I buy all my kids a case of Kokanee for Christmas. If I feel really generous, I get them a sugar bowl and spoon too.
    Last edited by HowardRoark; 11-20-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    So stop trying
    As long as you and pals prefer to be low class, vulgar, and (for some) racist, that's your business. I can't stop you.

I do however request that you and your buddies equally enforce the rule on PERSONAL ATTACKS. You may agree with those post, but as an administrator you do have a duty to enforce your own rules without cherry picking when you will or will not act with neutral fairness.

A nice sugar bowl and sugar spoon would better apply to those young folks setting up their first homes of their own. Canned fish is a nice idea, but a whole case is a bit overboard. A cookbook might go well with that Salmon though.

Blog Entries
    I’m thinking of not buying anything this year. What for. Too much stuff already and it will just get thrown in the closet and eventually thrown away or donated. I want a simpler life. I would like to give and receive the gift of love. I wish for time to slow down and to be able to enjoy moments that I can remember fondly instead of seeing the pictures on my phone. But none of that’s probably on sale on Black Friday. There are many things happening that have me thinking this way. Bad choices and even worse reactions.

Maybe I’m really hoping for peace on my little piece of Earth.

I’m thinking of not buying anything this year. What for. Too much stuff already and it will just get thrown in the closet and eventually thrown away or donated. I want a simpler life. I would like to give and receive the gift of love. I wish for time to slow down and to be able to enjoy moments that I can remember fondly instead of seeing the pictures on my phone. But none of that’s probably on sale on Black Friday. There are many things happening that have me thinking this way. Bad choices and even worse reactions.

I understand your feelings on this. IMO, too many egos get bruised each year due to the size/price of their presents. For me it's not the amount or size or the expense that I value, but how well a gift is thought out. Anyone can give a can of shaving cream, but some thought must be applied to buy someone a dress shirt with the correct collar/arm length size. Lined house slippers for one who needs them. Even a supply of printer paper shows that you cared enough to fill a need.

I began this thread to give members a place to exchange gift ideas, perhaps it will help someone this Christmas.

Fuckin' A.

As long as you and pals prefer to be low class, vulgar, and (for some) racist, that's your business. I can't stop you.

I do however request that you and your buddies equally enforce the rule on PERSONAL ATTACKS. You may agree with those post, but as an administrator you do have a duty to enforce your own rules without cherry picking when you will or will not act with neutral fairness.

A nice sugar bowl and sugar spoon would better apply to those young folks setting up their first homes of their own. Canned fish is a nice idea, but a whole case is a bit overboard. A cookbook might go well with that Salmon though.
    Heh. You said dootie
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

This. Way too much stuff. I just want to enjoy the few things that actually matter.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar

Hear hear. Peace is what I got my dad this year. I don't mind giving gifts but I dread getting them. I'm a buy once cry once kind of guy so I need nothing. I have one pair of boots that are on their 5th sole. Plus I live in the city, I don't have McMansion levels of space to store shit that I have to keep around so as not to offend someone. You ever get art as a gift? There is no worst gift than art that someone else picked for you.

I had gifts under control for a while. Among my siblings we instituted secret Santa with a $50 price limit. With a low budget and only one gift to give the challenge becomes to make it as intimate and thoughtful as possible. On the other side my wife went to war and now gifts have been replaced with a family trip. That's probably too harsh tbh, for some people giving gifts is their love language.

But kids wrecked everything. Now my lines are broken and hordes of toys are closing in from both flanks.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    We've started going the direction of donating to charities on behalf of relatives. We did a donation to Heifer International for my parents and they thought it was pretty cool. Like they need another gift card to Applebee's.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!