Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Entire History of America Related Through A Pie

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    1991. I was on the six year plan, which with current tuition rates is now obsolete.
    Well now I am sure I tripped over you at a bar at some point in the 80s.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well now I am sure I tripped over you at a bar at some point in the 80s.
    Let's see if I have the requisite brain cells to list my haunts....

6 (602), Plaza (quarter taps!), Bear (Black), Crystal Corner. Back in the earlier 80s while in HS, I had a fake ID but I've managed to forget where it took me. Those were the last glorious years of the pre-photo drivers licenses.

Oh man. Quarter taps at the Plaza.

You from Madison? If so, what high school you go to?

Yes, West. You?

Yes, West. You?
    Same.

'86

Year before you.

dp
    Last edited by hoosier; 12-14-2019 at 04:31 PM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you even hazed him.

We didn't haze, we pranked. Senior prank day was the highlight of the year. Class before mine broke into the school at night and sprayed skunk oil all over the place. Two classes before, a bunch of guys got a pickup, drove it down to the dairy barns on campus and loaded up one of the cows. Took it over to school, put planks on the stairs and walked it up to the third floor. Removed planks and went home. Cows are okish going up stairs but they do not like to walk down.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I was Memorial class of 88.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I was Memorial class of 88.
    Really enjoyed those games at Memorial Stadium, and you guys kicking our asses.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Really enjoyed those games at Memorial Stadium, and you guys kicking our asses.
    I played varsity my freshman year in 84 and we lost in the state finals to Manitowoc. Senior season we were just trying to stay within 14 points of Sun Prairie.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I played varsity my freshman year in 84 and we lost in the state finals to Manitowoc. Senior season we were just trying to stay within 14 points of Sun Prairie.
    No kidding. I must've seen you play.

Let's see if I have the requisite brain cells to list my haunts....

6 (602), Plaza (quarter taps!), Bear (Black), Crystal Corner. Back in the earlier 80s while in HS, I had a fake ID but I've managed to forget where it took me. Those were the last glorious years of the pre-photo drivers licenses.
    Paul's Club (start the night off trying to pick up classy women!)
    The Pub
    The Plaza
    Irish Pub (called McKensey's now I think)
    Black Bear Lounge/Taco Grande
    MadHatters
    Whatever the hell was across the street from Madhatters - JOE HARTS!
    Regent Street Retreat
    Big 10 Pub
    Church Key
    Stillwaters
    Jockos Rocket Ship (closed after federal drug investigation implicated the owner and some fireman and police)
    Bar/restaurant under Kennedy Manor Apartments
    Varsity Club (home to 1001 Tommy Thompson stories)
    Red Shed (still open, get the brick cheese cheeseburger)
    State Street Brats (red brats)

Grandaddy Of Them All: Essen Haus (make dinner reservation, eat $10 of appetizers) drink boots for as long as you remain upright)

I am missing a couple. Used to be a bar/restaurant over a fast food joint on north side of State, can't remember name. Italian food I think. Jockos and Big Ten Pub were only two bars downtown (that we knew of) that had two satellite antennas, one for NFC games and one for AFC games. Used to watch Browns at Big 10.

Looking at this list and knowing this isn't all of them, I am thinking Hoosier tripped over me

https://madison.com/wsj/entertainmen...dff923595.html

https://madison.com/wsj/entertainmen...bc5dda554.html

https://madison.com/entertainment/di...a280bd9.html#8
    Last edited by pbmax; 12-16-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Flamingo!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure PB was the guy you picked on.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    The Flamingo!
    No, it's "The Flaming - O!"

-Tim Harmston

Paul's Club (start the night off trying to pick up classy women!)
    The Pub
    The Plaza
    Irish Pub (called McKensey's now I think)
    Black Bear Lounge/Taco Grande
    MadHatters
    Whatever the hell was across the street from Madhatters - JOE HARTS!
    Regent Street Retreat
    Big 10 Pub
    Church Key
    Stillwaters
    Jockos Rocket Ship (closed after federal drug investigation implicated the owner and some fireman and police)
    Bar/restaurant under Kennedy Manor Apartments
    Varsity Club (home to 1001 Tommy Thompson stories)
    Red Shed (still open, get the brick cheese cheeseburger)
    State Street Brats (red brats)

Grandaddy Of Them All: Essen Haus (make dinner reservation, eat $10 of appetizers) drink boots for as long as you remain upright)

I am missing a couple. Used to be a bar/restaurant over a fast food joint on north side of State, can't remember name. Italian food I think. Jockos and Big Ten Pub were only two bars downtown (that we knew of) that had two satellite antennas, one for NFC games and one for AFC games. Used to watch Browns at Big 10.

Looking at this list and knowing this isn't all of them, I am thinking Hoosier tripped over me

https://madison.com/wsj/entertainmen...dff923595.html

https://madison.com/wsj/entertainmen...bc5dda554.html

https://madison.com/entertainment/di...a280bd9.html#8
    Great links! How could I forget about Ocayz, Club D/Barbershop (best hot buttered rum ever), Fess??? Jocko's, I remember the bust (wasn't there!) but cannot remember what it was called before it became Jockos.

No, it's "The Flaming - O!"
    Yes it was.

Was Okayz the club that burned down and they never really replaced? One of the few live music sites in the city?