Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you consider the Packers to be the Dark horse to win the NFC?

Would you consider the Packers to be the Dark horse to win the NFC?

Guys are trying to convince me now that because the Packers flew under the radar this season they’re now the dark horse to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
    I kinda tag the New Orleans Saints to be more of a dark horse.
    What do you think?

I think the Saints were up there as a favorite along with the Rams and Cowboys...don't think the Pack were placed very high so I'd say dark horse....now? Not so sure.
    C.H.U.D.

Current NFC Championship Odds at BetOnline

Team Odds at BetOnline
    San Francisco 49ers +175
    New Orleans Saints +200
    Green Bay Packers +500
    Seattle Seahawks +700
    Minnesota Vikings +1600
    Philadelphia Eagles +1600

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That list seems about right. Seattle and SF would be interchangeable based on seed of course.

I think the Packers should be considered a surprise team due to their record and new coach.

Those odds make us seem like the Dark Horse, especially since we will likely have a bye and a home game.

I really like our chances and defeating The Lions and of course we need ' the Beast Mode' Seattle to defeat the 49ers in week 17.

Green Bay is a tough venue in the Playoffs.

Dark Horse pfffff; it's the playoffs.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

New Orleans is overrated. The Niners are the biggest threat, and if we can get them at Lambeau, even they aren't that scary.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

point blank- Packers have no chance in hell of getting past San Fran

I don't like all this racist talk.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    That list seems about right. Seattle and SF would be interchangeable based on seed of course.

I think the Packers should be considered a surprise team due to their record and new coach.
    Yep. Gonna be a good week 17 for packer fans. 1 seed is in reach
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Yep. Gonna be a good week 17 for packer fans. 1 seed is in reach
    Get the one seed and our chances of making the big show are decent.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think team mindset has a lot to do with it. The Pack has been claiming all season that they have not yet put together the complete package yet - and now they just might be putting it all together. Getting hot heading into the playoffs - and having a lot of confidence - is a great momentum thing.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by scharpcheddar View Post
    point blank- Packers have no chance in hell of getting past San Fran
    That is a false statement. Its an opinion I can understand, but point blank? As in you don't even consider the possibility? Do you watch much football?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I think team mindset has a lot to do with it. The Pack has been claiming all season that they have not yet put together the complete package yet - and now they just might be putting it all together. Getting hot heading into the playoffs - and having a lot of confidence - is a great momentum thing.
    Pretty amazing how the spread at the Lions game this Sunday can be seen as high as 13.5 points.
    Experts clearly saw a confidence with the Packers after the Vikings game and consequently the team’s stock suddenly shot upward. There’s now a real silence coming from the Packer nay-sayers.

I agree with you that momentum and let me add confidence are important at this point in time.
    Also think it makes them black horse contenders coming this New Year.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 12-25-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Packer defense is 9th in ppg on the season. A big game against Detroit and they could be pushing for top 6-7ish and trending up.

Offense is getting better.

Pack have a shot
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Packers are rated highly because Aaron Rodgers still has a reputation as a great QB around the league. The homers who watch every game see an average passing game. I think Rodgers is still damn good but he can't carry an average receiving group anymore. Defense just made Minnesota look sick, but I wonder if Vikings are just bad offensively.

I vote bah humbug.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    That is a false statement. Its an opinion I can understand, but point blank? As in you don't even consider the possibility? Do you watch much football?
    you need to finally stop watching sports like a 12 year old boy. Its a billion dollar entertainment business. No, I'm not giving an opinion.Its a predetermined fact. After watching sports for35 years, I know what to look for and what not to. The Packers will nothing more than lose in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Packers are rated highly because Aaron Rodgers still has a reputation as a great QB around the league. The homers who watch every game see an average passing game. I think Rodgers is still damn good but he can't carry an average receiving group anymore. Defense just made Minnesota look sick, but I wonder if Vikings are just bad offensively.

I vote bah humbug.
    packers defense barely had anything to do with it. Cousins just kept throwing the ball at the ground for fun. Packers D didnt have to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by scharpcheddar View Post
    you need to finally stop watching sports like a 12 year old boy. Its a billion dollar entertainment business. No, I'm not giving an opinion.Its a predetermined fact. After watching sports for35 years, I know what to look for and what not to. The Packers will nothing more than lose in the playoffs.
    So San Fran wins the superbowl? No doubt in your mind. Or is it someone else since its predetermined?

I live in Las Vegas and bet sports regular. I assure you i don't watch like a 12 year old boy. I am well aware of reasons the Packers won't get out of the first round, much less run the table. My hunch is they let the fan base down big time in the playoffs, but since I have been watching SINCE I was a 12 year old boy I also can see scenarios where they win it all. Momentum is a funny thing. 2 things can happen. 1) They can wilt the minute the D has to face a real QB and offense causing a letdown feeling that steam rolls into an embarrassing defeat. 2) That D has gained so much confidence that they dominate OLines like they have the last couple weeks and it won't matter who is playing QB, the belief that they are a top defense permeates and they keep shutting teams down even when the competition is better.

You say the D didn't do anything and Cousins kept throwing the ball into the ground. I say there was a bad man named Z that haunted him on every pass play and made him throw early and poorly.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I put 3 bets down on the Packers this year when I was in Vegas.
    Packers to win the North
    Packers to win the NFC
    Packers to win the Super Bowl

Packers were 2-1 to win the North in June. I have now covered all of my bets. I hope I get to cash the other two.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston