View Poll Results: GOING INTO SUNDAY, WHO IS THE BETTER TEAM ??

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Bay

23 88.46%
  • Seattle

0 0%
  • Coin Toss; these two teams are even

3 11.54%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHO IS THE BETTER TEAM ??

Blog Entries

WHO IS THE BETTER TEAM ??

Simple question on Poll Day.

Going into this Sunday, who is the better team ???
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Where is poll?

Answer is Packers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think Aaron Jones running behind the Packers offensive line (better than Seattle's) gives the Packers the edge.

Ima Homer.

Blog Entries
    This season I have been all over the place with my view on the Packers. Our point differential is noting impressive. We've had some borderline lucky wins over shit teams, and then we've had a couple key wins. I'm not sure what exactly to think

What I do know.....I didn't want to play the Saints, and I don't want to travel to San Francisco. Seattle to me is very comparable to Green Bay, and their point differential is not good compared to their record either.

Maybe I'm going homer, but I'm voting the GB is slightly better.

SIDENOTE

DJ METCALF............................THIS DUDE SEEMS LIKE THE REAL DEAL.............I'd still take him over the Baconator
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    SIDENOTE

DJ METCALF............................THIS DUDE SEEMS LIKE THE REAL DEAL.............I'd still take him over the Baconator
    DK.

I would too. This year. We'll see about the rest.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers run game versus Seattle's 26 ranked run D (DVOA) should be fun to watch.

And a still extant, hopefully not cowed by the playoffs like his predecessor, big time coaching edge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    DK.

I would too. This year. We'll see about the rest.

Oh stop being a pussy and take a stand ))

Let's just all say it together; it's refreshing

TANK WAS RIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Oh stop being a pussy and take a stand ))

Let's just all say it together; it's refreshing

TANK WAS RIGHT
    What good is DK if Rodgers has a third broken collarbone?

You ready for Tim Boyle Laser Show and to lose Metcalf after his rookie deal because you are still looking for a NFL QB?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    What good is DK if Rodgers has a third broken collarbone?

You ready for Tim Boyle Laser Show and to lose Metcalf after his rookie deal because you are still looking for a NFL QB?
    I know, butterfly effect and all, but Packers coulda drafted Metcalf and still gotten the Fucking Center in rd 2. Bretsky, if I'm not mistaken, is arguing, Pack shoulda drafted Metcalf with the Gary pick, as I argued in my ingenious My Mastery Mockery of a Draft.

i think they're kinda even. sea has the better O due to qb play. Packers have the better D. i expect a nail-biter with a slim Packers' W.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i think they're kinda even. sea has the better O due to qb play. Packers have the better D. i expect a nail-biter with a slim Packers' W.
    The Packers are a better team, but Seattle has the better QB.

I vote Packers as a better team, overall.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Coin toss. The line basically tells you it would be a pick em on a neutral field. Really just comes down to #12 vs #3

Football Outsiders

Packers, #10 overall, #8 Offense, #15 Defense and #18 ST

Seattle, #8 overall, #5 Offense, #18 Defense, #20 ST

Man, they are closer than I thought. Seattle's offense must be world's better than Green Bay's for Seattle's overall ranking to be better even thought Green Bay's special teams and defense are ranked higher.

Seattle was not playing lights-out at the end of the season, yet they almost beat San Fran there at the end. Seattle is in every game. Damn, this is going to be a tight one Sunday night.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Man, they are closer than I thought. Seattle's offense must be world's better than Green Bay's for Seattle's overall ranking to be better even thought Green Bay's special teams and defense are ranked higher.

Seattle was not playing lights-out at the end of the season, yet they almost beat San Fran there at the end. Seattle is in every game. Damn, this is going to be a tight one Sunday night.
    Last edited by mraynrand; 01-11-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I haven't flip-flopped this much since someone asked me whether Drew Barrymore or Ann Margret was hotter.

Now I read that Seattle's offensive line may lose another nominal starter this week, and I think, how can the Packer defensive front seven NOT control the line of scrimmage?

KYPack

Not fair to compare anyone to Ann Margaret, no matter how you spell her last name.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Not fair to compare anyone to Ann Margaret, no matter how you spell her last name.
    I’d be more concerned that he’s flip flopping when thinking about hot women. There are pills for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

I'll split some more hairs for you.

Packers are probably playing better than 18th on ST with the full Ervin package and JK47 having stopped trying to change his drop.

Seattle has had some significant injuries and the offense might currently be held back mostly by Clappy McChewerson's insistence they be a run first team.