View Poll Results: WHO is the BETTER QB in SUNDAY'S GAME ???

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

7 33.33%
  • Aaron Rodgers

10 47.62%
  • Come on Homers, it's Russell....aka...not that close

4 19.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WHO IS THE BETTER QB in SUNDAY'S GAME ??

I honestly think Rodgers is better
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Rodgers is the new Brady. Just win

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I honestly think Rodgers is better

You swap those two QB's for the game, and Wilson and the Packers would pulverize Rodgers and the Seahawks.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You swap those two QB's for the game, and Wilson and the Packers would pulverize Rodgers and the Seahawks.
    I disagree. Winning is an art that's hard to pin down. AR has become a great leader and great person. By being so unselfish and letting other people get credit, he helps empower everyone around him and sets an example to do your part and feel good about that part even if it's not glorious.

I respect him and admire his leadership. And a game with 45 guys pulling yogether, sometimes leadership is a quality that can't be quantified but a quality I really look for

I agree there are some things that Rodgers has mastered - he's been there, done that, knows the offense, can go through progressions, sees the big picture as it unfolds.

But I think Wilson now has all those skills, and is more mobile and, I think, a more accurate passer.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I disagree. Winning is an art that's hard to pin down. AR has become a great leader and great person. By being so unselfish and letting other people get credit, he helps empower everyone around him and sets an example to do your part and feel good about that part even if it's not glorious.

I respect him and admire his leadership. And a game with 45 guys pulling yogether, sometimes leadership is a quality that can't be quantified but a quality I really look for
    I don't know about the great leader, great person part. From the thin slices we get, that's not the conclusion I would draw. Ten years ago I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly.

If Geronimo Allison and Trevor Davis could always play against zone defenses, you'd really have something.

As it is, each is late period, aged Antonio Freeman without having had a super star Antonio Freeman prime.

Which I think boils gbgary's question down to this: Does Gute rectify the WR position to Rodgers standards or The Flower?

I bet its the Flowers and you have to hope one candidate turns in a Lazard like mind meld.

In a zone today, can feel the reasons Jennings and Finley had beefs. Either that or too much coffee.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm on a roll, hang on.

Which boils down the age old management question to this:

If Gute wants to win, now and in the near future, you give one to Rodgers (maybe FA here) and one or two to The Flower. You run with Rodgers O while everyone's health holds out, but you make that guy understand he needs to run Flower Time if WRs or OL get banged up.

Else Rodgers goes to mentor Sam Darnold.

Rodgers current predicament is not wanting to throw contested balls to receivers he doesn't trust to go get them. Its Favre's issue with Schroder and Original Fraud combined.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Teams have stymied Rodgers at times over the last 6-7 years playing man and 2 deep. When you see 2 deep, run 2 guys deep and leave the middle open for crossers. Teams have been doing this to the Packers for a lot of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Teams have stymied Rodgers at times over the last 6-7 years playing man and 2 deep. When you see 2 deep, run 2 guys deep and leave the middle open for crossers. Teams have been doing this to the Packers for a lot of years.
    That was partially McCarthy. He saw 2 deep as an excuse to throw Go or out routes behind the CB and in front of the S.

Remember the Fail Mary first half?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That was partially McCarthy. He saw 2 deep as an excuse to throw Go or out routes behind the CB and in front of the S.

Remember the Fail Mary first half?
    Not on purpose. I try to block it out.

Who's had the better career? Rodgers. Who's had the better season? Wilson. Who is actually better right now? Now, that is close. If you give me the choice of the two with equal receivers and equal line, I will take Rodgers.

Blog Entries
    I kind of agree; Russ is still a playmaker. AROD has not been
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I don't think there's much doubt about it. The way Wilson is playing now, plus Aaron Jones and that offensive line? And Green Bay's defense, which is a trump card for them this year? Wilson and the Packers would roll the Seahawks. Rodgers would be overthrowing Lockett and underthrowing Metcalf, then scowling after he stalks off the field when it's fourth and five and he just missed on yet another long shot down the field.

KYPack

I don't think there's much doubt about it. The way Wilson is playing now, plus Aaron Jones and that offensive line? And Green Bay's defense, which is a trump card for them this year? Wilson and the Packers would roll the Seahawks. Rodgers would be overthrowing Lockett and underthrowing Metcalf, then scowling after he stalks off the field when it's fourth and one and he just missed on yet another long shot down the field.
    Fixed it.

If we were in the same room, Zool, I'd scowl at you and roll my eyes. Maybe shrug my shoulders in disgust, even though - or perhaps because - you're right.

KYPack

No matter what else happens, I will be forever grateful to finally find out why Jimmy Johnson was mad at Dan Marino.

If we were in the same room, Zool, I'd scowl at you and roll my eyes. Maybe shrug my shoulders in disgust, even though - or perhaps because - you're right.
    We’d both be yelling at the tv, telling him roll out and hit a RB or TE for 3 yards.

I really hope they get some long sustained drives tomorrow. Give the defense a few long rests.

The dink and dunk is working, Why can’t he see that?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    The dink and dunk is working, Why can’t he see that?
    Defenses adjust. They noticed the Packers were scoring more for a month.