Kobe Bryant Killed In Helicopter Crash

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/us/ca...rnd/index.html

There were no survivors. He was 41.

Are you shitting me?

Wow is that fucked up.

That’s just nuts

Looks like they hit a hill in heavy fog

Just like SRV

His 13 year old daughter is also one of the victims.

Bryant was on his way to a travel basketball game with his 13-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant when the helicopter crashed, sources told Wojnarowski. Those aboard the helicopter also included another player and parent. According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, there were no survivors of the crash. An investigation is ongoing.

LeBron just passed him on all time scoring yesterday. How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    His 13 year old daughter is also one of the victims.

I saw that, what a fucked up thing.

Death toll now up to 9.

Bryant was nominee for the Basketball Hall Of Fame in 2020. Finalists to be announced Feb. 14 on NBA All-Star weekend. Inductees to be announced at NCAA Final Four. Obviously this story will reverberate for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Death toll now up to 9.

Bryant was nominee for the Basketball Hall Of Fame in 2020. Finalists to be announced Feb. 14 on NBA All-Star weekend. Inductees to be announced at NCAA Final Four. Obviously this story will reverberate for a while.

I was a big Sixers fan in the late 70's and early 80's. Minnesota didn't have a team after the Lakers got hijacked and taken to LA. Joe Bryant, Kobe's dad, was a guy I watched. He and the white guy PF, Bobby Jones? Then you had Darryl Dawkins, chocolate thunder. Anyway, I always thought of Joe Bryant whenever Kobe's name came up, which was all the time of course.

Blog Entries
    sounds like the helicopter was taking his daughter, who loved hoops......to her game...and a teammate and father may have been on board as well..Sad
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Here and all over the TV and internet, all this nicey nice crap about a guy who got away with rape by paying off the victim not to testify.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RIP Kobe and little Mambacita Gianna. Also the others who perished with them.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Here and all over the TV and internet, all this nicey nice crap about a guy who got away with rape by paying off the victim not to testify.
    A lot to that rape claim. He was a young man who fucked up in that situation one way or another. She was no angel either and left many questions about what really happened that night.

Kobe did alot of good and was involved with his children’s lives. No need to bash him now IMO.

Interested in what the NTSB shows in its prelim report. I heard fire which is odd. Weather makes more sense...if so pretty stupid and easily avoidable. The aircraft was an S76 D model which is a new/modern aircraft with the latest terrain avoidance tech and HUMs..etc. Very familiar with the earlier S76 C++
    C.H.U.D.

I was never a Kobe fan as I can't stand the Lakers but it's still a very sad tale. RIP to all.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Must bring back good memories of when Russert died, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Must bring back good memories of when Russert died, eh?
    Oh man...who will forget that loving tribute?
    C.H.U.D.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Oh man...who will forget that loving tribute?
    I did. Went back and re-read some of it. That is one trippy thread.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Interested in what the NTSB shows in its prelim report. I heard fire which is odd. Weather makes more sense...if so pretty stupid and easily avoidable. The aircraft was an S76 D model which is a new/modern aircraft with the latest terrain avoidance tech and HUMs..etc. Very familiar with the earlier S76 C++
    I read an article that said this specific aircraft did not have a terrain avoidance/warning system.
    The NTSB reports will be interesting. Some odd things have been reported so far.

Blog Entries
    What are the oddities being reported ? Flying too low for area ? Bad vision ? Read he was an outstanding pilot. So sad overall
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    What are the oddities being reported ? Flying too low for area ? Bad vision ? Read he was an outstanding pilot. So sad overall
    Bad visibility. L.A. Police Dept. had grounded all their helicopters because of fog.