Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERIES

Blog Entries

KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERIES

These really suck; no great way to prepare for this. I had mine 1/20 and now i'm most likely off work four to six weeks to torture myself...aka...recover

Anybody whose had it's done feel free to drop some advice.

Brett
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    These really suck; no great way to prepare for this. I had mine 1/20 and now i'm most likely off work four to six weeks to torture myself...aka...recover

Brett

Sorry to hear that you've had to endure the medical issues, but glad to hear that your not reporting any complications.

Get Well Soon.

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Do your range of motion exercises. Do them extra even. It's huge to recovery. Do everything the doctors say. I had mine done, and got lazy. Took way longer to recover than it should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    One knee equals two feet
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yeah, don’t skip the physical therapy, like zool said. It’s probably the most important thing at this point

Pay attention to your body, I had an uncle whose body rejected the new knee

Replacement surgery is not for the meek or weak. You should only have that procedure if you really kneed it.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    We have had a lot of athletes do their prehab strength training for their hamstrings and quads. It has sped up recovery by months.
    I know you have had surgery since you posted this thread, for now the rehab is really important. Did you have a total knee replacement?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    We have had a lot of athletes do their prehab strength training for their hamstrings and quads. It has sped up recovery by months.
    I know you have had surgery since you posted this thread, for now the rehab is really important. Did you have a total knee replacement?

Yup, and I need to have the other one done eventually as well. Just gotta keep bending it; rehab a and PT going well overall
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Yup, and I need to have the other one done eventually as well. Just gotta keep bending it; rehab a and PT going well overall
    Weird, I had mine done and I was walking the next day, and hauling drywall up and down 3 flights of stairs with a 3 days. Best medical thing I ever had done.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Total knee replacement it different cat entirely. Putting metal and plastic where there should be bone is always a bit tricky. You should have bucked up and had both of them done at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Total knee replacement it different cat entirely. Putting metal and plastic where there should be bone is always a bit tricky. You should have bucked up and had both of them done at once.
    Lots of doctors won't do that. Make rehab a lot tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Weird, I had mine done and I was walking the next day, and hauling drywall up and down 3 flights of stairs within 3 days.
    damn. not all heroes wear capes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Lots of doctors won't do that. Make rehab a lot tougher.

Hardly any doctors will do that unless you find the right one and push like hell for it. Rehab way tougher and statistically the percent recovering fully is not nearly as high

Hardly any doctors will do that unless you find the right one and push like hell for it. Rehab way tougher and statistically the percent recovering fully is not nearly as high

My mother had both done. Had to spend three weeks in a rehab center which scared her to death. Felt like she was being shipped off to a nursing home to die. But she did manage and did indeed escape in the end.

Blog Entries
    FOUR weeks ago today right now I was in surgery

Knee is feeling pretty good; ton of progress over the past week. Doctor and Therapist suggest taking two more weeks off as it will progress fast; unsure I want to.

Anybody have experiences returning to work after knee replacement....good or bad from the start ??

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Brett
    I have a knee replacement horror story B. Happened to a former coworker. He was about 38, in good health but had a fucked up knee that he hurt long before. He finally had the surg, was off work for about 5 weeks but it was still hurting a lot. He went to his MD who told him it was normal and would heal. He delayed coming back and about a week later was having trouble breathing one night. He went to the ER, they checked him out, said he was OK and he went home. Woke up in the night and couldn't breath for shit, went to ER again. This time the sorry assholes actually did some work and found out he had blood clots in his lungs. Turned out he had gotten a blood infection from the knee.

Sadly that is not the end of this story. To treat the clots they gave him blood thinners. Within hours a clot from his leg came loose, hit the big highway and went to his brain. Instant stroke, brain bleeding, too much pressure, leaving him paralyzed on half his body. It was so bad they had to open his head to remove the clot. He went a few weeks with part of his skull missing because they worried they might have to get in there again. He was in the hospital ICU for months. Once release he was only able to move one side of his entire body and not very good at that. Stuck in a electric chair that he moves with his one arm/hand that still has function. Not long after his bitch wife left him and was very vengeful about it. He lost his house, cars and everything pretty much. Only his Mama who became his caretaker and his teen daughters stood by him. He remains in that condition to this day.

Later it came out that the company making the surgical kits for these type of operations had put out contaminated ones that year. I think I even saw a news article about it. Several folks had gotten similar infections. The mistake this guy made was taking the pain for so long. Had he gotten a 2nd opinion he would have dealt with the infection before it was too late. This was 8 years or so ago. He ended up suing the MD and the company and won a large settlement. Of course then the wife showed up again, he kicked her to the curb. To this day he gets around in a electric chair and uses an mounted ipad to communicate by typing what he wants to say on the screen with a stylus that he can hold. He has money but what good does it do him because he will need it to take care of himself for whatever remains of his time on Earth. I doubt he lives to be an old man. He was always kinda arrogant and cocky so he took the fall very hard. He had a nice life and it was all gone like that.

I am glad you are doing better B. I had been meaning to post this for you but I have kept track of your post about this to make sure you didn't say the same as this guy did. Don't ignore pain and tell any medical staff who says different to go fuck themselves and report them to their ethics committee.

Wow. Even Job wouldn’t complain around that guy.

FOUR weeks ago today right now I was in surgery

Knee is feeling pretty good; ton of progress over the past week. Doctor and Therapist suggest taking two more weeks off as it will progress fast; unsure I want to.

Anybody have experiences returning to work after knee replacement....good or bad from the start ??
    Depends on the job I suppose, but the doctors should be heeded. They are the experts.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Depends on the job I suppose, but the doctors should be heeded. They are the experts.
    You must be a fucking medical hack also!

Is every mofo that works on your car an expert? How about the food you eat? Same shit with those fucks. Someone had to finish worst in class.

But in this instance they are right. B should take the time off. He is probably worried a different rooster is rounding up his chickens at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    You must be a fucking medical hack also!

Is every mofo that works on your car an expert? How about the food you eat? Same shit with those fucks. Someone had to finish worst in class.

But in this instance they are right. B should take the time off. He is probably worried a different rooster is rounding up his chickens at work.
    I know two physicians who review medical malpractice cases. There are some terrible docs out there. Think of the KC quack who operated on Sherrod and destroyed his career. Trust, but verify.