Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Coronavirus And Sports

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    On this day 2064 years ago Julius Caesar should have worked from home.
    Beware the Ides of Spring Training
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shaved head Sigourney Weaver is nasty.
    Nah, don't agree. Didn't like the movie though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Nah, don't agree.
    Ew. To each their own I guess.

NFL Draft will proceed April 23-25 but without the public events.

The NFL announced Monday that the 2020 draft will proceed as scheduled April 23-25 and will be televised, but the annual selection process will no longer include public events in Las Vegas due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell explained in a news release that the decision to cancel events in Las Vegas was made with guidance from medical experts such as the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), and in coordination with public authorities in Nevada and Las Vegas.

The league also said that it is currently exploring "innovative options for how the process will be conducted and will provide that information as it becomes available."

"This decision reflects our foremost priority -- the health and safety of all fans and citizens," Goodell in a statement. "While this outcome is disappointing both to the NFL and to the Las Vegas community, we look forward to partnering with the Raiders, the City of Las Vegas and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority for a future NFL Draft as well as evaluating opportunities for other major NFL events in Las Vegas in the future, including the Super Bowl."

Just let Norm MacDonald host the whole thing by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Just let Norm MacDonald host the whole thing by himself.
    Absolutely.

NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball pushed back opening day until mid-May at the earliest on Monday because of the new coronavirus after the federal government recommended restricting events of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks.

Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred made the announcement following a conference call with executives of the 30 teams.

"The clubs remain committed to playing as many games as possible when the season begins," the commissioner's office said in a statement.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended Sunday that gatherings of 50 people or more be canceled or postponed across the country for the next eight weeks.

"The opening of the 2020 regular season will be pushed back in accordance with that guidance," Manfred said.

No telling at this point when games will start. The All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on July 14 could be in jeopardy.

Haudricourt said people inside baseball are telling him it’s Mid-June to July 4th

State of Wisconsin is thinking 8 weeks of cancellations and that is mid May before you finish abbreviated spring training.

There's not going to be games with fans this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    No telling at this point when games will start. The All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on July 14 could be in jeopardy.
    Could have the season start with the All Star Game. That would be unique in sports.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Could have the season start with the All Star Game. That would be unique in sports.
    Keon Broxton, making strong bid for All-Star game with strong May in Rec League Softball.

Derby to Labor Day...

Now this is a good idea. Here is the link: https://twitter.com/NFLMedia/status/1240354679038459904

Journal Sentinel @journalsentinel
    200 at Children's Hospital tested for coronavirus after doctor tests positive

JSO: https://t.co/w8bakHlfAp?amp=1

The reason you take extraordinary measures early is the reduce the hit that hospitals take when the numbers get high. Doctors, nurses and caregivers getting sick is one of the problems. This is another.

Jesus fuck. The rumor on the Milwaukee Slack group is this was a doctor who worked with kids with auto-immune disorders. Fuck.

Michael Irvin
    @michaelirvin88
    · 2h
    Since I am not a beer drinker. Maybe it’s just me. But I believe that ⁦@corona⁩ beer SHOULD NOT be running their commercials at this time. Sorry I don’t want to hear how a Corona gets it’s lime while the Coronavirus is getting lives.
    Never forget that celebrities and sports figures always have the best takes in times of crisis.

Never forget that celebrities and sports figures always have the best takes in times of crisis.
    Maybe if Corona was the brand of cocaine, Irvin would have more insight on appropriate marketing...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Sean Payton has tested positive.

No word yet on how many people may have been exposed. New Orleans, if that's where he is, has been pretty bad.

Several cities seeing exponential growth as testing ramps up. NYC was at 300+ identified cases 3 days ago, now 3000+ and expected to hit 5,000 tomorrow.

Community transmission is now about everywhere, so travel restrictions will be effective only in stopping a wave from kicking off again, not stopping the current one.

The most worrisome number I have seen in the last few days is 0.9. Despite about the best and most expansive testing, South Korea (as of 3-4 days ago) was at 0.9 deaths per 100, versus 0.1 for flu. Still seems likely to come down (experts expect somewhere around .2-.3 still), but testing hasn't caught it yet.