Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Coronavirus And Sports

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I’m more bored than an Amish electrician
    I'm as excited as an Amish carpenter! Made four mortise and tenon face frames yesterday, plus a custom jig for a table saw mitre gauge. BRING IT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm as excited as an Amish carpenter! Made four mortise and tenon face frames yesterday, plus a custom jig for a table saw mitre gauge. BRING IT ON!
    Nice. I’m not that bored - just feels like a blizzard that never hits. Cleaned a lot. Cut down many trees. Built a decent sized raised herb garden. Started keto and down 10 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    The shittiest thing is we haven’t left the house in 11 days or come within 100 meters of someone outside of my immediate family but the 12 weeks old is carrying a modest fever right now and wheezing like crazy. Freaking myself and especially my wife out. Three kids in and I can’t remember any of them breathing and making this crazy sound at night. Fortunately no other signs of duress but still freaky none the less.
    I hope your baby is ok. You should call Telehealth and see what they say.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    He likely can't. The restrictions on testing are pretty high. I have close relatives that had fever and were coughing up blood but they couldn't get tested without showing they had exposure to someone already diagnosed.
    in Las Vegas you can get tested pretty easy at this juncture. Almost drive thru, but more like wait in car til called, in and out.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    in Las Vegas you can get tested pretty easy at this juncture. Almost drive thru, but more like wait in car til called, in and out.
    It's changing by the day.

The great singer/songwriter John Prine is in critical condition with the virus. His wife had tested positive and his test had been indeterminate. He is 73 and has health issues in the past, including lung and throat cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The great singer/songwriter John Prine is in critical condition with the virus. His wife had tested positive and his test had been indeterminate. He is 73 and has health issues in the past, including lung and throat cancer.
    Listening "In Spite of Ourselves" right now.

Be sad to see him go.

Thanks for the well wishes for our newborn. I have no reason to believe he has Covid but the weird breathing is sort of freaky. Still just chillin' with a 99.5 fever and labored breathing. Seems totally fine otherwise so not taking any action beyond keeping an eye on it.

"Labored breathing" is a watch out to get to the ER.

Weird or Labored?

I assume you spoke to your pedi?

My wife is a physician assistant so she's got close tabs on it. They're doing alright. The 4 year old now has a slight fever too. 99.7. Who knows what it's from given the lack of human contact but I would be shocked if it's the 'rona. If it is, boy, this thing is nasty to show no signs for so long!

That’s a good wife to have.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes for our newborn. I have no reason to believe he has Covid but the weird breathing is sort of freaky. Still just chillin' with a 99.5 fever and labored breathing. Seems totally fine otherwise so not taking any action beyond keeping an eye on it.
    One thing I learned is each kid reacts different. Just keep a close eye like you’re doing and it will be all good P. Guessing your wife and you are taking shifts. Just keep your energy up fool and make sure to drink water!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    One thing I learned is each kid reacts different. Just keep a close eye like you’re doing and it will be all good P. Guessing your wife and you are taking shifts. Just keep your energy up fool and make sure to drink water!
    Will do my man. Both boys are still chillin with very low fevers but no weird breathing anymore. I think we're probably in the clear thankfully.

Masters moved to November. That will be different.

MLB May play all their games in AZ til post Q?

97 masters final not cancelled by Covid-19

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    An interesting place to get Covid info is The Weather Channel app. Wherever you are checking the weather on in the US, you can hit the Covid-19 button at the bottom of the screen and it will show you how many cases and deaths are in that county and state. If nothing else it's an interesting tool.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    An interesting place to get Covid info is The Weather Channel app. Wherever you are checking the weather on in the US, you can hit the Covid-19 button at the bottom of the screen and it will show you how many cases and deaths are in that county and state. If nothing else it's an interesting tool.
    I’ve used their seasonal flu, traffic fatality, and occupational injury trackers for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Do they also report the amount of recoveries or just the more fear inducing figures such as cases and deaths?

@670TheScore has learned that the XFL has ceased operations and terminated all employees.

@670TheScore has learned that nobody cares