Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Coronavirus And Sports

Tex is still thinking this is all silly shit and nothings going to happen. That old gomer is off his rocker.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Last mortality rate I can find is 1%, 10 times greater than that of seasonal flu. This was from this AM I believe.

Reuter’s
    The #coronavirus mortality rate is ‘10 times’ that of the seasonal flu, said Anthony Fauci, director at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, during a congressional hearing
    This 1% will likely go down as the denominator right now is skewed towards people with symptoms. Likely but not certain that there are lots of infected people who are asymptomatic And will never get sick. I suspect (and hope) this group is under represented right now.

If you are elderly and/or have compromising illnesses, you’re at higher risk. But that’s the same population that’s highest risk for flu complications as well.

US strategy is to slow the spread so that hospitals can accommodate the sick, and for warmer weather to extinguish the virus. It should work.

We could use a little global warming rn though.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You have to be more careful than that. Washington state outbreak centered on people that did not travel.
    Someone brought it in but I don’t think they know Who it was yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...l%3f0p19G=7900

It ain't the apocalypse, but I have plenty of friends and family that are at high risk. I don't mind missing a few in person sporting events to slow this down and decrease their risks. That being said, not being able to attend a sporting events in person could be argued as being more important.

In full disclosure, it's Friday night and I'm not entirt sober, so don't be too hard on me.

talk about a fucking overreaction, sheeeesh, cancelling the NBA season? Just stupid!
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    talk about a fucking overreaction, sheeeesh, cancelling the NBA season? Just stupid!
    Chinese won’t like that

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    They haven't cancelled the season. They've suspended it until further notice. An NBA player tested positive.

NHL will have an announcement tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They haven't cancelled the season. They've suspended it until further notice. An NBA player tested positive.

Not cancelling now is sort of a formality I've heard though. I honestly don't know. It seems crazy to skip the playoffs, etc.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Lemme know when they start canceling NFL games. I favor a 20-games regular season schedule b/c watching my beloved Pack on any given Sunday is the only thing I look forward too. The rest of my life is just a tedious grind.

As for the NBA and NHL, I ain’t give fucks. Only caucasoid supremacists dig the NHL, and I ain’t one in any shape, form or matter. The NBA, too many blacks.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Problem the NBA ran into was that when Gobert got the Covid, he and his teammates had to be quaranteened for 14 days. How is the NBA going to deal with a team that can't play for 2 weeks? So they had to postpone all the games.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Hope this virus situation gets resolved before tick season gets here or we'll be dealing with Corona with Lyme.
    I'd ban you for this but I have to stop laughing first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    It ain't the apocalypse, but I have plenty of friends and family that are at high risk. I don't mind missing a few in person sporting events to slow this down and decrease their risks. That being said, not being able to attend a sporting events in person could be argued as being more important.

In full disclosure, it's Friday night and I'm not entirt sober, so don't be too hard on me.
    You're so drunk, you're 2 days in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Someone brought it in but I don’t think they know Who it was yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...l%3f0p19G=7900
    Right, but that is why travel restrictions only buy you time. The virus is here, and travel is no longer a good predictor. This response was also not comprehensive or up to date. While Italy and France were experiencing large outbreaks, customs was still asking only about travel from China.

It would have helped to have testing squared away earlier because mitigation would be more effective if you knew about more of your cases to isolate.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Lemme know when they start canceling NFL games. I favor a 20-games regular season schedule b/c watching my beloved Pack on any given Sunday is the only thing I look forward too. The rest of my life is just a tedious grind.

As for the NBA and NHL, I ain’t give fucks. Only caucasoid supremacists dig the NHL, and I ain’t one in any shape, form or matter. The NBA, too many blacks.
    What happened to the boycott?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You're so drunk, you're 2 days in the future.
    Can't trust any of his numbers now.

Unless he's Marty McFly?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Rudy Gobert, and you won't believe what he did next.

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/s...73331703861248

Next game he was out (another teammate as well) with an illness. Now he tested positive. Real Man of Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Unless he's Marty McFly?

Sharpe, send me some scans of the sport almanac man. Help a brother out!

NBA is telling times to check on availability of arenas into August.

I'm guessing NFL Draft will be a throwback. Guys making picks on the phone with no fans around. Free Agency is almost here though. Not sure how they'll handle player visits.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Folks, I know some of you think this is not real, but you literally would have to be dumb as a box of rocks to think that way. Its not the flu, its not a bad cold, its a 'novel' virus, i.e. never seen before. And for some of you saying it is dumb to cancel events, I have seen graphs of daily infected of countries who are not locking down vs countries who are locking down, and its not even close. And be careful on mortality rates, I'm pretty sure the denominator is not those with symptoms, it is those who have been officially diagnosed. And in the good old USA, who does not have enough test kits yet, I am concerned we are WAY behind the curve. You can love or hate the current administration, but they also are way behind the curve, they should have been preparing when China first started having outbreaks.