Thread: The Stealthy "March" to the "April" Draft

Cool The Stealthy "March" to the "April" Draft

For the Packers as well as the other 31 NFL teams, the months of March and April are a period of silence, misdirection, bluffing, change and stability. Front offices/coaching staffs are involved in researching possible draft choices, potential free agent (FA) accusations, and possible trades. Many players will be invited to visit teams and lots of secret phone calls will take place. Very little if any real hard news or announcements can be expected. Fan speculation will ebb and flow over this player or that coach, but little factual news will be offered by the teams.

We as fans post about what we want to see happen, who we want to join our teams and who we would like to see leave our teams. Additionally, this year a new Collective Bargaining Agreement for player personal is to be voted on.

Let us all be civil with each other regarding these offseason issues. Disagreements are to be expected, but be fully prepared to backup your case with more than a Rah Rah Rah - Go Team.

Remember that at this time of the year rumors are seldom facts, listen carefully as did that General Manager (GM) say that something will happen or that he wants to see something happen. The big "Poker Game is On" and none of the teams will be showing off their cards.

Members will still post rumors as facts, but let's correct those posters with tolerance and civility. Personal attacks only make this forum look bad and foster bad feelings. Let's agree to disagree as we state our positions moving forward.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is Packerrats. No mercy.

hahahahahaha Radagast, you really need to have a forum all your own - where you could make any rule you want, and anybody not obeying you would get kicked out.

Am I correct in assuming the gist of your original post is that posting stuff in here about what we think the Packers will or should do might influence other teams and mess with Packers misdirection efforts? That would be fairly stupid IMO. And if that ain't your motivation, then why even bother posting that silly shit?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahahaha Radagast, you really need to have a forum all your own - where you could make any rule you want, and anybody not obeying you would get kicked out.

Am I correct in assuming the gist of your original post is that posting stuff in here about what we think the Packers will or should do might influence other teams and mess with Packers misdirection efforts? That would be fairly stupid IMO. And if that ain't your motivation, then why even bother posting that silly shit?

You say you read my post and yet you've again failed to grasp the topic of it. I shall try to simplify it for you.

At this time of the year, all teams are deliberately not giving away what they are planning/thinking. Therefore any reliable information is rare. The point is that with so little factual information to go on, many of the forums post do not have any tangible facts to support an argument. Posting opinions and preferences is alright, but with no weight of current events, most are baseless.

Tex already many of your post are not appreciated. Trying to start up a war with me will not elevate your status. It might serve to present a show for the members though. I'll not participate in your latest drama Tex.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This thread has nothing to do with football so goodbye. No one asked for, wants or needs your lecture. If you want to call the shots take Tex’s advice.

Otherwise know your place and get with how the program works HERE at this forum. You won’t be changing it so try changing you.

Hey you bean eating maggot farmer, I like you too !

Rumor mill: Aaron Rodgers emphatically denies the rumors that he is gay. What say you Rats, doth the QB protest too much?

Oh wait: this is old news. Never mind. Can we move this piece of the thread to the "Is Rodgers any good any more?" thread?

Worms or flies: Which do you prefer? Which does more for our world? Let's open this up Packerrats, but no vitriol and hate. Agree or disagree to agree to disagree! But keep the sarcasm to yourself!

Flies or worms: with myiasis you have the best of both worlds. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the spirit of compromise!

Well, there goes my breakfast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Hey you bean eating maggot farmer, I like you too !
    Mi amigo! Yes you are correct I raise hybrid maggots that eat beans instead of flesh. Trying to capitalize on the whole vegan craze.

Tex - How does it feel to finally have someone tell you that you ain’t elite enough and need to elevate your status? Haha!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Rumor mill: Aaron Rodgers emphatically denies the rumors that he is gay. What say you Rats, doth the QB protest too much?

Oh wait: this is old news. Never mind. Can we move this piece of the thread to the "Is Rodgers any good any more?" thread?
    Confession: After the Packer beatdown from 49ers last November as I left the stadium I was so pissed I kept yelling “Rodgers stayed out too late with his boyfriend last night!!”.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Mi amigo! Yes you are correct I raise hybrid maggots that eat beans instead of flesh. Trying to capitalize on the whole vegan craze.

Tex - How does it feel to finally have someone tell you that you ain’t elite enough and need to elevate your status? Haha!
    Did he tell me that? I really didn't notice. Anyway, it's true, I sure as hell ain't elite. This is America, though. Anybody can elevate their status if they feel the need to - which I don't.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Confession: After the Packer beatdown from 49ers last November as I left the stadium I was so pissed I kept yelling “Rodgers stayed out too late with his boyfriend last night!!”.
    Good thing that generic new stadium of theirs is far removed from the Castro!

Good thing that generic new stadium of theirs is far removed from the Castro!
    We already have the "Packer Hamstring" so we don't need The Tenderloin.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Did he tell me that? I really didn't notice. Anyway, it's true, I sure as hell ain't elite. This is America, though. Anybody can elevate their status if they feel the need to - which I don't.
    You crack me up.

Flies or worms: with myiasis you have the best of both worlds. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the spirit of compromise!

What. The. Actual. Fuck.