Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
Place a white man in Harlem, NYC and he would stand out. The same metaphor applies here in this web site. Bias, statements concerning stories/situations, as well as other factors identify many as white or black or hispanic, etc. No negative criticisms or innuendo, just an observation.

"Experts" have been saying that minority groups are more susceptible to COVD-19 due to the socio/economic makeup of their communities. The truth of such theories is supported by the larger % of affected blacks (for instance) in relation to their actual % in the areas of many of the hardest hit places in the USA. In my opinion minorities may be more at risk due to so many with service jobs that place them in more direct contact with the public.

All of us need to be very careful as this dreadful virus, invisible and highly contagious, has no respect for race, economic status, sex, or ethnic origin. COVID-19 is blind to such things and requires our vigilance and adherence to the current rules set down in our various states. Personally I don't live that far from an elderly care facility that has tallied 39 deaths so far with more still fighting the virus. My intention was not to point any fingers at any groups, but to serve as a report of the facts currently being discussed in the public media.

Now is not the time for political stances or racial bigotry, but a time for all pull in the same direction for a while. There will be time many months down the road from now to revert back to uncivil and belligerent behavior, however now is not the time for such childish behavior/s.

My best to all, stay safe, stay strong !
You coulda just said oops, and admitted you were wrong about "I've taken notice of the large percentage of this forum that are minorities".

I do tend to agree to you, "now is not the time for political stances or racial bigotry", but clearly one side is grasping at that lame straw a helluva lot more than the other.