Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Packerrats and COVID-19

Packerrats and COVID-19

I've taken notice of the large percentage of this forum that are minorities. Studies show that in America, Blacks in particular have been falling victim more than any other group to this virus. All of us need to heed what the medical experts that say,:

Stay Home (unless you provide a critical service need)
    Make those trips to the grocery store count and try to avoid unnecessary repeat trips.
    Wear a mask and gloves when you must visit your Pharmacy/Grocery Store.Be sure to maintain a 6ft space between you and others.
    Wash your hands with soap and warm water.

We have all heard these things before, but repeating them just serves to reinforce their importance.

I wish everyone well, even those that have been less than civil in the past. Perhaps now is a good time to begin behaving with more tolerance.

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There are two other threads on this:

One more about sports and less political:
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...rus-And-Sports

One more political and nasty:
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...id-COVID-19-do

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the well wishes Rad

I agree we should all co exist in peace and follow the rules tightly and enhance everybody's chances

I may be ignorant, but I really haven't noticed that a large percent is minorities but I tend to be blind to that stuff anyways.

Anyways, I hope you are your family are well and safe,
    Bretsky
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Wha-a-a-a-t? The large percentage in here are minorities? Who? I'd say more like few if any. I used to think APB was black, but he corrected me on that.

It is a valid point that a large percentage of corona cases seem to be black, though. However, I think that is more a question of geography than anything else living in urban areas where the virus has showed up. I don't think there's any studies showing that blacks or other minorities are more susceptible to it.

Good point about the two other threads, Rand.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

nm
    Last edited by Joemailman; 04-09-2020 at 05:47 PM.

I'm still waiting to hear who comprises that "large percentage of this forum that are minorities". Anybody want to step forward? Radagast, what is your basis for saying something like that?

I’m black.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

In some way, aren't each of us a minority?

Stay safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear who comprises that "large percentage of this forum that are minorities". Anybody want to step forward? Radagast, what is your basis for saying something like that?
    Place a white man in Harlem, NYC and he would stand out. The same metaphor applies here in this web site. Bias, statements concerning stories/situations, as well as other factors identify many as white or black or hispanic, etc. No negative criticisms or innuendo, just an observation.

"Experts" have been saying that minority groups are more susceptible to COVD-19 due to the socio/economic makeup of their communities. The truth of such theories is supported by the larger % of affected blacks (for instance) in relation to their actual % in the areas of many of the hardest hit places in the USA. In my opinion minorities may be more at risk due to so many with service jobs that place them in more direct contact with the public.

All of us need to be very careful as this dreadful virus, invisible and highly contagious, has no respect for race, economic status, sex, or ethnic origin. COVID-19 is blind to such things and requires our vigilance and adherence to the current rules set down in our various states. Personally I don't live that far from an elderly care facility that has tallied 39 deaths so far with more still fighting the virus. My intention was not to point any fingers at any groups, but to serve as a report of the facts currently being discussed in the public media.

Now is not the time for political stances or racial bigotry, but a time for all pull in the same direction for a while. There will be time many months down the road from now to revert back to uncivil and belligerent behavior, however now is not the time for such childish behavior/s.

My best to all, stay safe, stay strong !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    I've taken notice of the large percentage of this forum that are minorities. Studies show that in America, Blacks in particular have been falling victim more than any other group to this virus. All of us need to heed what the medical experts that say,:

Stay Home (unless you provide a critical service need)
    Make those trips to the grocery store count and try to avoid unnecessary repeat trips.
    Wear a mask and gloves when you must visit your Pharmacy/Grocery Store.Be sure to maintain a 6ft space between you and others.
    Wash your hands with soap and warm water.

We have all heard these things before, but repeating them just serves to reinforce their importance.

I wish everyone well, even those that have been less than civil in the past. Perhaps now is a good time to begin behaving with more tolerance.
    Well that's mighty white of you.

Place a white man in Harlem, NYC and he would stand out. The same metaphor applies here in this web site. Bias, statements concerning stories/situations, as well as other factors identify many as white or black or hispanic, etc. No negative criticisms or innuendo, just an observation.

"Experts" have been saying that minority groups are more susceptible to COVD-19 due to the socio/economic makeup of their communities. The truth of such theories is supported by the larger % of affected blacks (for instance) in relation to their actual % in the areas of many of the hardest hit places in the USA. In my opinion minorities may be more at risk due to so many with service jobs that place them in more direct contact with the public.

All of us need to be very careful as this dreadful virus, invisible and highly contagious, has no respect for race, economic status, sex, or ethnic origin. COVID-19 is blind to such things and requires our vigilance and adherence to the current rules set down in our various states. Personally I don't live that far from an elderly care facility that has tallied 39 deaths so far with more still fighting the virus. My intention was not to point any fingers at any groups, but to serve as a report of the facts currently being discussed in the public media.

Now is not the time for political stances or racial bigotry, but a time for all pull in the same direction for a while. There will be time many months down the road from now to revert back to uncivil and belligerent behavior, however now is not the time for such childish behavior/s.

You coulda just said oops, and admitted you were wrong about "I've taken notice of the large percentage of this forum that are minorities".

I do tend to agree to you, "now is not the time for political stances or racial bigotry", but clearly one side is grasping at that lame straw a helluva lot more than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    I’m black.
    I’m a transexual pangolin.

Now is not the time for political stances or racial bigotry
    And yet, strangely enough, that’s exactly what you did.

To thine own self be true!

One thing I noticed as they started down this minority path, is they would say for instance 30% of the population in LA was black and 70% of the deaths were black....It would be much more telling if they stated the % of population in NO is black and what percentage of NO deaths are black....I'm sure it just didn't look as good! See Tex, I can call out spin on the evil lefts side! That like I said is the difference between you and I!

You can communicate with some all of the time, and all some of the time, but there will always be those that can't help but remain village idiots. No matter how serious the subject they believe they can be clever, post their twisted thoughts and call it humor. Even those that are ignored still insist that they have something to say and like the circus clown they look to draw attention to themselves.

COVID-19 is a terrible thing that is killing people. Blacks are making up a disportionant % of the affected. We all need to protect ourselves and our families/friends during these challenging times. Picking my or anothers post apart to spin something into a way to divert attention from this most serious subject speaks loudly about those that feel the need to be third grade class clowns.

Stay Home
    Wash your hands
    Wear a mask/gloves if you must go shop for food or to get prescriptions filled.
    Look out for your neighbors and those that may need assistance.

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

What an asshole.

Pedant

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Pedant
    So you learned a new word. Bettering ourselves in life should be noble goal. Setting rules and adhering to details separate mankind from tribes that live in the dirt and piss in their neighbors water supply. Being proud of your vulgarity, or poverty, or ugliness toward others only degrades the person further. Groaning over their station in life labels a person lazy and unwilling to put forth the effort to upgrade their lives.

As I've posted before, those I choose to ignore, I don't read. There are those on that list for various reasons, but still I'd can't wish them any harm.Be safe, self isolate, and let's all fight this Pandemic until it is eradicated.