Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Packerrats and COVID-19

"breakin' the rules, breakin' the rules" - Beavis and Butthead
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Bettering ourselves in life should be noble goal.
    Physician, heal thyself!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All this time I thought I was the problem in my relationship with Radagast. I really did. Now I realize it is all of you mfers that don’t show him the respect he commands. If you don’t wash your hands and stop being a dirty bitch Rad is gonna block you. Then your life won’t be worth shit and you should consider yourself weakest among the PackerRats brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    All this time I thought I was the problem in my relationship with Radagast. I really did. Now I realize it is all of you mfers that don’t show him the respect he commands. If you don’t wash your hands and stop being a dirty bitch Rad is gonna block you. Then your life won’t be worth shit and you should consider yourself weakest among the PackerRats brotherhood.
    I consider myself unworthy of Radsghast's sublime purity. At this point in my fallen existence, I know I can't live up to his elevated standards, but I am not sure I can even withstand his radiating nobility.

This is a weird thread.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    This is a weird thread.
    Welcome to Packerrats, stranger.

At a recent family (internet) internet gathering, without any suggestions/promotions from me of any kind, the subject turned to Americas current social makeup. Both political points of view were solidly represented. To my amazement there was a conscientious agreement about the decades long decline in social standards. How what now would not raise an eyebrow today in years past would find the offender fined or in some places locked up in a jail. I made no comment, but thought to myself how true and that I see it all the time on the internet.

IMO, too few families are instilling any basic child religious training, moral social organizations (Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts/ religious organizations) that promote self reliance,morality, courtesy, and good manners. Sadely, instead of raising our nation through "Affirmative Action" and equal rights legislation, America has slid down instead of up with it's "society's norms".

I used to take pride in America, but as I read post here in this forum, it is clear that many have no self pride. Expand this behavior to America and it becomes understandable how hate for America grows each day across the world. Post like mine encouraging members to clean up their act, just throws gasoline on the fire. People don't like to change, but history shows case after case where the deterioration of societies have lead to social/economic disasters and even in some cases wars.

For those that don't believe in God, or that God has no place in their lives, I say this. The Bible is not just a collection of stories designed to scare people. It is also a verified written history and the same God that flooded the earth, destroyed cities, sent famine/plagues is still on the job today. The way we behave during our lives is being logged and we each will have to answer for our good/bad behavior. Yes , Jesus did give his life to shield us from gods wrath, but even he will not shield many from their unforgivable behavior/s. Go ahead and laugh, poke fun, behave as you please, but remember they laughed at Noah and Lot and even at Jesus himself when they went about their good works.

At a recent family (internet) internet gathering, without any suggestions/promotions from me of any kind, the subject turned to Americas current social makeup. Both political points of view were solidly represented. To my amazement there was a conscientious agreement about the decades long decline in social standards. How what now would not raise an eyebrow today in years past would find the offender fined or in some places locked up in a jail. I made no comment, but thought to myself how true and that I see it all the time on the internet.

IMO, too few families are instilling any basic child religious training, moral social organizations (Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts/ religious organizations) that promote self reliance,morality, courtesy, and good manners. Sadely, instead of raising our nation through "Affirmative Action" and equal rights legislation, America has slid down instead of up with it's "society's norms".

I used to take pride in America, but as I read post here in this forum, it is clear that many have no self pride. Expand this behavior to America and it becomes understandable how hate for America grows each day across the world. Post like mine encouraging members to clean up their act, just throws gasoline on the fire. People don't like to change, but history shows case after case where the deterioration of societies have lead to social/economic disasters and even in some cases wars.

For those that don't believe in God, or that God has no place in their lives, I say this. The Bible is not just a collection of stories designed to scare people. It is also a verified written history and the same God that flooded the earth, destroyed cities, sent famine/plagues is still on the job today. The way we behave during our lives is being logged and we each will have to answer for our good/bad behavior. Yes , Jesus did give his life to shield us from gods wrath, but even he will not shield many from their unforgivable behavior/s. Go ahead and laugh, poke fun, behave as you please, but remember they laughed at Noah and Lot and even at Jesus himself when they went about their good works.
    "Sadely"--or was it sagely?--the figure that you invoke here also said something about not judging lest you too be judged by the very standard to which you hold others. It will not go well.

Our job is just to rile him up so he can go charging after you like an enraged toddler.

Radagast, I'm seeing a new side to you in this most recent post of yours, mainly in the area of religion. Hoosier has a point about judging. It seems like you do a lot of that, and usually over questionable behaviors and attitudes that don't have much Biblical basis.

This sentence you wrote is particularly puzzling: "Sadely, instead of raising our nation through "Affirmative Action" and equal rights legislation, America has slid down instead of up with it's "society's norms". I'm not just talking about misspelling "sadly". What exactly did you mean by this? It seems like it could be taken two diametrically opposite views on affirmative action and equal rights legislation. Which of those is what you meant to say?

The first thing Noah did after landing the ark was to go get hammered. But Jesus loves him anyway.

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/0af54806-e...7-f06504303e52

It's my experience that nothing gets people to behave better than to wag your finger in their face and tell them how they aren't behaving the way you want them to.

I find this technique to be particularly effective when I wrap it in a metric ton of supercilious, condescending judgement.

I think they behave much better in Canada.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Blog Entries
    It's my experience that nothing gets people to behave better than to wag your finger in their face and tell them how they aren't behaving the way you want them to.

I find this technique to be particularly effective when I wrap it in a metric ton of supercilious, condescending judgement.
    Is this sarcasm? Asking for Tex.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Our job is just to rile him up so he can go charging after you like an enraged toddler.
    How dare you!! This is how we need to strive to be:

Is this sarcasm? Asking for Tex.
    No, I knew he was being sarcastic. If he really meant it, he would have spelled judgment right.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Welcome to Packerrats, stranger.

Hi! Long time Lurker, First-time Poster!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

By Golly you sure are a lovable group of goofy, fun-luvin' fellas, by jehosophat!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    How dare you!! This is how we need to strive to be:

Finally a man of taste in this thread.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I know it works wonders with my kids.