Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Packerrats and COVID-19

]
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Wha-a-a-a-t? The large percentage in here are minorities? Who? I'd say more like few if any. I used to think APB was black, but he corrected me on that.

It is a valid point that a large percentage of corona cases seem to be black, though. However, I think that is more a question of geography than anything else living in urban areas where the virus has showed up. I don't think there's any studies showing that blacks or other minorities are more susceptible to it.

Good point about the two other threads, Rand.
    well, I am an old black jew atheist nonpolitical guy in northern wisconsin, but wtf does that have to do with anything? We are all facing a medical issue that requires us to come together and try to meander thru this. Instead, things are devolving along political lines, and reinforcing my belief that we are fucked...

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    well, I am an old black jew atheist nonpolitical guy in northern wisconsin, but wtf does that have to do with anything? We are all facing a medical issue that requires us to come together and try to meander thru this. Instead, things are devolving along political lines, and reinforcing my belief that we are fucked...
    It's amazing how you can tell with near certainty someone's political views based in their views of this crisis. Sad. The two should only have loose correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    It's amazing how you can tell with near certainty someone's political views based in their views of this crisis. Sad. The two should only have loose correlation.
    Much of that is due to the msg's coming out of the white house....fed. gov't actions at least starting mid march say one thing, but the words and tweets coming from the president say something different.

Yea. I agree. It seems like the ones screaming "You need to be on lockdown" but then going about their own business are almost always.....well, I don't want to get political here.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Much of that is due to the msg's coming out of the white house....fed. gov't actions at least starting mid march say one thing, but the words and tweets coming from the president say something different.
    You are mistaken. It was the message coming from the WHO, the CDC and the entire fucking world. Its tools like you that want to pretend...muh orange man bad!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Many people enjoy watching the same movie over and over again, but it’s interesting that some people are still surprised when the ending is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Yea. I agree. It seems like the ones screaming "You need to be on lockdown" but then going about their own business are almost always.....well, I don't want to get political here.
    Impressive how you were able to underscore the point of a thread so completely by using yourself as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    You identified part of the picture, but you're underscoring my point with what you chose to focus on.

Impressive how you were able to underscore the point of a thread so completely by using yourself as an example.
    it's about par for the course now
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

And who do you see as to blame for that? The people just trying to help and mitigate this situation? Or the desperate assholes trying to overrule the electoral process and harm America and Americans in their efforts? You're probably correct that there should not be much correlation with political views, but the losers in the political process have made that impossible. Believe me, most Americans are acutely aware of what each side is doing.

oldbutnotdeadyet, if somebody says they are whatever in terms of ethnicity, I ain't gonna argue with them. I will say, though, I find what you say a bit hard to believe. Maybe you've been taking sarcasm lessons from Rand hahahahaha.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    And who do you see as to blame for that? The people just trying to help and mitigate this situation? Or the desperate assholes trying to overrule the electoral process and harm America and Americans in their efforts? You're probably correct that there should not be much correlation with political views, but the losers in the political process have made that impossible.
    I don’t come in here and post but just one question. How did All of these Democratic Governors become governor except through the electoral process?

How did the Senate and Congress and the President all get elected if not by the electoral process?

How do Democrats, Republicans, Tea Party, Libertians, Independents some how get elected to run our government if not through the electoral process?

Just because your party doesn’t win every election doesn’t mean it’s “desperate assholes trying to overrule the electoral process and harm America".
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

And who do you see as to blame for that? The people just trying to help and mitigate this situation? Or the desperate assholes trying to overrule the electoral process and harm America and Americans in their efforts? You're probably correct that there should not be much correlation with political views, but the losers in the political process have made that impossible. Believe me, most Americans are acutely aware of what each side is doing.

oldbutnotdeadyet, if somebody says they are whatever in terms of ethnicity, I ain't gonna argue with them. I will say, though, I find what you say a bit hard to believe. Maybe you've been taking sarcasm lessons from Rand hahahahaha.
    Human nature, motivated reasoning. You present the exact same facts and propose two different solutions, if you also indicate (random) party affiliations with these solutions the party is more important than facts to which is preferred.

Second part is people confronted with this freely see the bias in others, but are blind to their own.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    I think they behave much better in Canada.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I don’t come in here and post but just one question. How did All of these Democratic Governors become governor except through the electoral process?

How did the Senate and Congress and the President all get elected if not by the electoral process?

How do Democrats, Republicans, Tea Party, Libertians, Independents some how get elected to run our government if not through the electoral process?

Just because your party doesn’t win every election doesn’t mean it’s “desperate assholes trying to overrule the electoral process and harm America".
    The people get the government they deserve. Sometimes they get it real hard.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The people get the government they deserve. Sometimes they get it real hard.
    Which sentiment was echoed by the other side of the debate with equal conviction. Each having built up their house of cards from selective logical underpinnings and carefully honed arguments and justifications.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You are mistaken. It was the message coming from the WHO, the CDC and the entire fucking world. Its tools like you that want to pretend...muh orange man bad!!
    Your full of shit....I was referring to his statements throughout....even up to yesterday.....look at the phases of reopening, then look at his statements and tweets...they don't jive with each other. You want to lay it all on China, fine. Doesn't really matter to me, If you ask me they both have plenty of blame. I know Trump did everything right....lol....most of the country doesn't see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

No quarrel with any of that. I suppose even the desperate leftist assholes of the media are merely acting within the electoral process, albeit trying to subvert things with their fake news and distortions. Of course, you didn't say anything about the inane and insane efforts at impeachment. Arguably, though, the electoral losers failed at that just before this overblown corona mess came up - no coincidence there, I'm sure hahahaha.

People in general, and I would assume even you know the score here - which side is doing their best to help America and improve the situation, and which side is doing their damnedest to desperately scramble to mess with Us the American People and harm the country in general.

You identified part of the picture, but you're underscoring my point with what you chose to focus on.
    Maybe, but I did say much of it! lol-

Human nature, motivated reasoning. You present the exact same facts and propose two different solutions, if you also indicate (random) party affiliations with these solutions the party is more important than facts to which is preferred.

Second part is people confronted with this freely see the bias in others, but are blind to their own.
    Your post is a little bit hard to comprehend, but it seems like you're pushing the idea of moral equivalence here. Hell no! There is no moral equivalence here. One side is slogging along doing what it takes to fix the mess; The other side is dragging its feet, obstructing, whining, and yes, trying to harm America. The electoral population of America knows this, and if you aren't convinced, maybe the November election will make it clearer.