Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Packerrats and COVID-19

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I'll take my medicine, but I don't think I said anything about politics before this thread was moved.
    In fairness to you an explanation is due. Typically this would get the boot from the Packers area straight to FYI. But it is a legit topic that folks want to discuss so gave it a chance to stay in the Romper room. Was doing fine until the last page. Guessing you thought politics was ok after it was moved. If so I understand the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    In fairness to you an explanation is due. Typically this would get the boot from the Packers area straight to FYI. But it is a legit topic that folks want to discuss so gave it a chance to stay in the Romper room. Was doing fine until the last page. Guessing you thought politics was ok after it was moved. If so I understand the confusion.
    That's on me for not understanding the distinction on the nonfootball rooms. First time posting outside of the Packers area.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh and don’t sweat the infraction much. I was just trying it out. Fitting for all the doom and gloom. Though I might implement it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    You didn't address the point of blatantly politicized criticism by media and other leftists. You also didn't cite any ideas or suggestions from the other side that would have been more effective than the actions Trump has taken.

40,000 came from China? after the travel ban? I don't know how they managed that unless they were American citizens, but if it's true, it shouldn't have happened. I assume they were suitably quarantined.
    Seriously--this is news to you....why do you even opine on things you know absolutely nothing about?

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Seriously--this is news to you....why do you even opine on things you know absolutely nothing about?
    ROFLMAO.

Dunning-Krueger, anyone?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    So apparently this Covid-19 thing killed off a bunch of you fucks. This forum is fucking dead, ON DRAFT WEEK!!!.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    So apparently this Covid-19 thing killed off a bunch of you fucks. This forum is fucking dead, ON DRAFT WEEK!!!.
    Go to FYI for discussion if you like. But the reaction to this virus, not the virus itself, has me so concerned I honestly don’t even care about football anymore.

Aw c'mon Rand. This really ought to be another example of your sarcasm, but somehow, I suspect you really mean it. The whole disgusting mess just ain't that big a deal.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Aw c'mon Rand. This really ought to be another example of your sarcasm, but somehow, I suspect you really mean it. The whole disgusting mess just ain't that big a deal.
    Sure, we shut down the economy, oil futures ‘sell’ at negative values, people cower in their homes over a weak virus and the ‘press’ routinely spouts Chinese propaganda. Some people think that’s extraordinary. You think it’s ‘Tuesday.’

Which is affecting you more, that shit or the upcoming draft?

Low oil prices are a good thing for most people, and I'm confident the oil companies can afford it. Very very few people are "cowering in their homes" - literally nobody I know or know of. And virtually no regular American People believes the God damned news media about much of anything, much less Chicom propaganda.

Yes, it's Tuesday - two days before something that is gonna affect our lives for many years to come.

Which is affecting you more, that shit or the upcoming draft?

Low oil prices are a good thing for most people, and I'm confident the oil companies can afford it. Very very few people are "cowering in their homes" - literally nobody I know or know of. And virtually no regular American People believes the God damned news media about much of anything, much less Chicom propaganda.

Yes, it's Tuesday - two days before something that is gonna affect our lives for many years to come.
    I suspect you have no clue how solipsistic and callous you are.

"Suspect"?

Solipsism: the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist; egocentric

Yup, I'll plead guilty to that, and I'll take the huge majority of Americans and people in general along with me.

Democracy (or if you prefer, representative government with democratically elected representatives) as well as Capitalism BOTH are based on the aggregate of "selfs" acting in their own interest, thus producing the optimum result for the greatest number.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    "Suspect"?

EET MOR BURGERS

I got back a while ago from violating the stay at home order - again ...... great tennis weather today.

McDonalds is open here, drive-thru only, but whatever, really busy after people got their stimulus checks. My wife actually has a paper saying she is "essential personnel" hahahaha, although she has never been asked to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    EET MOR BURGERS

I believe there exists a niche for a fast food joint that serves mutton.

I'm cooking dinner atm so I'm distracted, but I think this is an opportunity for the Packerrats to cook up some names they won't be sheepish about.

Mmmmmm...Egg McMutton.

Cheap dip

Mutton Honey.