Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FOX will insult our intelligence

What's the over/under on how many days before this thread ends up in FYI?

Please stick to original topic. There are other threads on other boards you can visit if you wish.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Please stick to original topic.
    Because that's what we do here at Packerrats

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Because that's what we do here at Packerrats
    Its an imperfect world we have.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Its an imperfect world we have.
    Either/Or should most often be replaced by Both/And.

Fox you say?

Red is one of the few in this forum that is not a sheep in the herd taunting the uncertain coming of "herd immunity" or shouting about personal freedom/s over the safety of our family's, friends, and our innocent neighbors. A gold star for you Red !

Fake fans? Fake crowd noise? Fake news? It's a Fox trademark.

Bottom line is will there be any football played this fall (College or Pro)? As much as I hope so, I suspect that America will be getting hit with a 2nd or 3rd wave of this Pandemic that will be terrible. Virus's in the past have been known to do curtain calls. Also along with with a Flu virus we could be facing a double barrel threat.

The classic story of the Cricket and the Ants has real relevance at this time. Instead of holding parties and complaining about our personal rights, America needs to be preparing for a real rough time as we move forward. Supplies of (PPE) personal protective equipment like mask and gowns need to be stockpiled. In addition, medical equipment like respirators and Oxygen supplies should also be stockpiled.

Also, weather experts are calling for a bad Hurricane/Storm season this year. Will we be prepared if another Katrina or Andrew strikes as were still dealing with a Pandemic and a bad Flu season? Like the Ants in the story, we'll be better prepared if we get to work warehousing bottled water, pre-staging supplies to repair electrical service, and other emergency equipment/supplies. IMO, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Now is not the time to act like the cricket and be wishing we had prepared better, instead of playing political blame games with our fellow citizens lives. Let's not allow personal selfishness and greed to cause us to abandon responsible behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Fox you say?

Red is one of the few in this forum that is not a sheep in the herd taunting the uncertain coming of "herd immunity" or shouting about personal freedom/s over the safety of our family's, friends, and our innocent neighbors. A gold star for you
    Go to the threads in RR and FYI and I’d be happy to argue this point with you.

Go to the threads in RR and FYI and I’d be happy to argue this point with you.
    No Rand. They want to take cheap shots, spread misinformation and then scream "BUT POLITICS" when you refute their idiocy.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Fox you say?

Red is one of the few in this forum that is not a sheep in the herd taunting the uncertain coming of "herd immunity" or shouting about personal freedom/s over the safety of our family's, friends, and our innocent neighbors. A gold star for you Red !

Fake fans? Fake crowd noise? Fake news? It's a Fox trademark.

Bottom line is will there be any football played this fall (College or Pro)? As much as I hope so, I suspect that America will be getting hit with a 2nd or 3rd wave of this Pandemic that will be terrible. Virus's in the past have been known to do curtain calls. Also along with with a Flu virus we could be facing a double barrel threat.

The classic story of the Cricket and the Ants has real relevance at this time. Instead of holding parties and complaining about our personal rights, America needs to be preparing for a real rough time as we move forward. Supplies of (PPE) personal protective equipment like mask and gowns need to be stockpiled. In addition, medical equipment like respirators and Oxygen supplies should also be stockpiled.

Also, weather experts are calling for a bad Hurricane/Storm season this year. Will we be prepared if another Katrina or Andrew strikes as were still dealing with a Pandemic and a bad Flu season? Like the Ants in the story, we'll be better prepared if we get to work warehousing bottled water, pre-staging supplies to repair electrical service, and other emergency equipment/supplies. IMO, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Now is not the time to act like the cricket and be wishing we had prepared better, instead of playing political blame games with our fellow citizens lives. Let's not allow personal selfishness and greed to cause us to abandon responsible behavior.
    Please head to FYI so I can ask you 2 questions re: has there ever been a cure or vaccine for a covid virus. and also should we just stay on lockdown until one is found for the first time in history. I won't ask that here, but if you head on over we can discuss.

No more posts on this topic about the politics involved. Or commentary about the political commentary. Or another invitation to go to the RR or FYI to discuss.

Next step is moving it.

Or another invitation to go to the RR or FYI to discuss.
    Just ban me then. Don’t be a wimp. If I can’t invite them to the other side of the forum, what’s the point of having those other forums? Are they going to find those topics by magic? Inviting them doesn’t violate ANY OF THE RULES IF THE FORUM and you know it. Either have Mad change the rules or ban me. I will not comply unless Mad changes the rules.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Just ban me then. Don’t be a wimp. If I can’t invite them to the other side of the forum, what’s the point of having those other forums? Are they going to find those topics by magic? Inviting them doesn’t violate ANY OF THE RULES IF THE FORUM and you know it. Either have Mad change the rules or ban me. I will not comply unless Mad changes the rules.
    Don't be an asshole. You asked. We all know it is there. Leave it alone.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Just for clarification: Was Rands post asking about selling tickets and letting adults decide political? Was Red's response political? I'm not sure anymore since no one here has mentioned a single politician or left/right viewpoint. I can't decipher the code to be honest.

edit: I guess what I'm asking is this. Is it political to take a stand on whether we need to ban attendance or not?

red's original topic was broadcasting CGI people and fake crowd noise during games.

Since my original request to stick to the topic, we have had roughly 12 posts not on topic and an argument about the wisdom of crowds versus no crowds, dumb people, individuals assuming risk, theorizing about the thread getting moved, two invitations to go to RR or FYI, one post about banning rather then be wimpy and asking and one post trying to define political.

To answer your questions directly bobble, yes its moved into the political.

red's original topic was broadcasting CGI people and fake crowd noise during games.

Since my original request to stick to the topic, we have had roughly 12 posts not on topic and an argument about the wisdom of crowds versus no crowds, dumb people, individuals assuming risk, theorizing about the thread getting moved, two invitations to go to RR or FYI, one post about banning rather then be wimpy and asking and one post trying to define political.

+1
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

In the interest of getting back on topic, I personally would enjoy seeing what football looks like with an empty stadium. It will be a year to remember.

Piping in fake noise and adding fake crowds has an oddly dystopian feel to me.
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Don't be an asshole. You asked. We all know it is there. Leave it alone.
    What exactly should I leave alone?

I’d rather have real people. That’s on topic.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    What exactly should I leave alone?
    Honestly, if you need to ask it won't help if I tell you.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Please head to FYI so I can ask you 2 questions re: has there ever been a cure or vaccine for a covid virus. and also should we just stay on lockdown until one is found for the first time in history. I won't ask that here, but if you head on over we can discuss.
    First, I always enjoy reading your post when they address football.

I can't say a covid virus cure or vaccine has ever been discovered, and I can't say one will appear anytime soon to save the day, but I do know that Doctors and Scientist worldwide are urgently laboring to discover one. AIDS (HIV) at one time had no medical recourse, no cure was/has been found, but a way was discovered for those affected to live with it.

"Lockdown" is your word, I look at it as being socially responsible. Like RED was saying, it's one thing to put yourself at risk, but where does ones personal freedom begin to adversely the innocent. It's one thing to drink like a fish, but getting behind the controls of a car in such a condition can/and does kill innocent people.I can understand that not all have the self discipline to support social distancing for more than a few weeks. Furthermore I am also aware of the economic hardships this Pandemic is creating, but which weights more on a scale, Life or Money? Money can be replaced, but death is permanent.

Being prepared for unforeseen or expected occurrences is just smart. Many of our homes store medical and other emergency supplies all the time. From first aid kits to bottled water to needed prescriptions, many believe in having emergency supplies readily available. America should be better prepared for disasters, war, and unforeseen emergencies. We believe in having Police, Fire, and Medical response resources available to respond as/if a needs arises. Regional centers can be placed on military bases to stockpile critical equipment/supplies. Time dated items can be allocated to our Veterans Hospitals and to Public Hospitals as well. Supplies can be continuously kept updated in such a way.

I'm reminded of the people who ignored all attempts to get them to evacuate as a category 4 Hurricane bore down on their seaside community. The group laughed as the had their Hurricane Party. With all else evacuated around them they were first hit with rain, then tremendous winds that shook the house, and then the sea surged in and leveled the house. Those that did not die immediately were killed themselves as the sea reclaimed the water that destroyed the entire community. We know the truth of this story from relatives contacted by the victims just prior to the storms landfall. They thumbed their noses at authorities and lost their lives as a result.

Ignoring advice from experts, especially during a pandemic, not only risk your own life but also the lives of those that you might infect. Governors, Mayors, and others in authority are constantly aware of the needs of the people they are responsible for. .Food, shelter, utilities, and more must be addressed as their revenues shrink. They too are weighing the risk of reopening against the threat of a viral surge. Many are willing to face the risk to themselves to return to jobs or reopen their businesses, but what of the young daughter or Grandfather that is placed at risk when you return home from work. Who supports the family when Papa gets sick and dies.

Lockdown is a word that is more often used in prisons/jails. Unless your in such a place, your free to go buy groceries at your local store, shop at your Loews or Home Depot store, fill your car with gas, purchase at your CVS or Rite Aid pharmacies as your prescription is filled, and you can pick up the order you placed at your local Chili's or Olive Garden restaurant. If your upset that your local Bar isn't open so you can drink and socialize, or you don't have a local sports team to watch play, or that concert you had looked forward to attending has been canceled, then you will just have to be patient a little longer. More businesses will reopen as social distancing continues to be our best weapon. It may be longer than we would like before places like Theaters, Shopping Malls, and even our schools are safe to reopen. Even then many will convert to home video streaming, home shopping through Walmart/Amazon/or others, and many will not trust sending their children back to public schools and continue to have them home schooled. Stadiums, Arenas, and Amphitheaters may be able to book some events, but people will be afraid to attend in large numbers.

Even if case numbers fall to "acceptable" levels, people are not going to be eager to return their Pre Covid-19 ways. With the fresh memories of their unemployment or meals missed or living without electricity in mind, reopened stores and restaurants are sure to see much less business than before the Pandemic. People will, at least for a while, be cooking more at home and saving those dollars. Gardening this and next year will explode as more look to add to their family tables. Working from home has gotten more popular recently and many have already stated that they will continue the hot trend. Companies that can have their employees work from home like Insurance Co., Architects, and more. Reports show that lower overhead and even higher production has occurred.
    Many will choose to move on to other jobs/carrier choices as a result of the economic shutdown. Some will turn to education or job training to escape from their former jobs. Others will have little choice but to return to their former employers. Also many small businesses will have or will soon fail, this will place a temporary hit on jobs, but I feel sure that businesses will spring up in their place. Many will get funding from State and Federal funding that I feel confident will be easier than ever before to obtain. Loans/Grants/ or through other means, small businesses will find a way as they always have. Places like Dentist Offices, Car Repair, and Hair Saloons/Barbershops that took financial hits will carefully reopen with strict appointment and PPE policies.

We will not return to the way we used to be, but we may see innovation, invention, and breakthroughs we never thought of before.
    Last edited by Radagast; 05-15-2020 at 05:21 PM.