Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FOX will insult our intelligence

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Honestly, if you need to ask it won't help if I tell you.
    OK. My mistake. I should have known better. My apologies to all.

Have a good weekend everyone.

There really isn't any politics here. If there was, the thread would be more interesting - but it's not, so there isn't.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wish to say thank you to Aynrand. A true Normal and Good poster. PBmax had yet to face adversity dealing with the low element that sleep on the sidewalks here. It honestly made me laugh and smile. Not shitting you. For the record there is no rule about saying come to FYI to someone. So I can’t change the rule that don’t exist. But the politics one does and he asked you a lot nicer then I would have. He wasn’t sarcastic or angry, things definitely Zool or possibly me might have done. Instead PB asked in a white damn near Ned Flanders way. Maybe that’s the problem. Treating people nice.

So what ya gonna do PB?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    There really isn't any politics here. If there was, the thread would be more interesting - but it's not, so there isn't.
    Joe El Cartero called this shit on page 2. He knows all you savages well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I agree that we would all be better if all the dumb people got together and killed each other

The problem is those idiots would then leave the stadium and go to grocery store and gas stations and other places where non idiots are, and not where their masks, or lower their mask to cough, or lick everything. Thereby putting the rest of us at risk
    Red is the true villain here not Aynrand. He post something not relevant to the topics knowing full will it is a big RED button someone is gonna push. Rand then ask him to step outside in a gentlemen type of way.

Then Rashan pops in off his meds and the collapse beings.

The topic was about the morons in the stands not any pandemic shit.

Blog Entries
    Why are people so adverse to no fans? It doesn’t seem like a big deal unless you have season tickets. As long as their a season that’s good enough. The sound systems already exist in every stadium. I hadn’t thought of CGI fans. That actually sounds fun based on Fritz examples.

The NFL is fucking up by not doing that and streaming ala carte games with Amazon or some service. I would buy every game if it was $5-10 a game. That’s damn near what Netflix gets for the month. As far as the games NFL could be even greedier if that’s possible by only having so many tickets. They can jack up the prices to make up for it. Those who can afford it will buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Why are people so adverse to no fans? It doesn’t seem like a big deal unless you have season tickets. As long as their a season that’s good enough. The sound systems already exist in every stadium. I hadn’t thought of CGI fans. That actually sounds fun based on Fritz examples.

The NFL is fucking up by not doing that and streaming ala carte games with Amazon or some service. I would buy every game if it was $5-10 a game. That’s damn near what Netflix gets for the month. As far as the games NFL could be even greedier if that’s possible by only having so many tickets. They can jack up the prices to make up for it. Those who can afford it will buy them.
    Please keep it political or I'll ask to have the thread moved back.
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by falco View Post
    In the interest of getting back on topic, I personally would enjoy seeing what football looks like with an empty stadium. It will be a year to remember.

Piping in fake noise and adding fake crowds has an oddly dystopian feel to me.
    i just keep picturing a madden crowd always standing up and cheering, even if its during a time out

Do CGI fans boo when there is a bad call?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    red's original topic was broadcasting CGI people and fake crowd noise during games.

Since my original request to stick to the topic, we have had roughly 12 posts not on topic and an argument about the wisdom of crowds versus no crowds, dumb people, individuals assuming risk, theorizing about the thread getting moved, two invitations to go to RR or FYI, one post about banning rather then be wimpy and asking and one post trying to define political.

To answer your questions directly bobble, yes its moved into the political.
    I didn't ask if it had, I asked if debating the wisdom of having a crowd or not was political. Clearly you think it is so I'll just stay out of the thread. As outlined its a worthless discussion then. Red made a point that isn't allowed to be discussed.

Honestly, if that is political discussion so is damn near anything. Its not really a football topic to be honest. They CGI ads, and tune in or out actual crowd noise as they see fit and have for a decade so...whats new?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post

Best post in the thread and regarding fandom in sports I have read in awhile. Personally I like live MLB games, but if I never attended another live sporting event it wouldn't bug me much. Players get paid to play, not to have fans in the stands. TV contracts pay the bulk of the salaries. MLB and NBA should be getting it on right now. I can't explain why as that may be political.

Slightly off topic, but to your post, I agree that the NFL is stupid for not allowing me to stream its games ala carte. Or minimum allowing me to buy a package NOT on direct TV. Been saying it for years. I steal from the NFL because I HATE Direct TV and the net effect of paying for the NFL package is paying about 200 a month for 2-4 games a week (and honestly my HD antenna would get me all the football I want minus packer games). Plus the hassle of connecting and disconnecting a cable package around it. Having a satellite on my roof year round. Knowing I'm paying that much for a service I don't even turn on 2 hours a week outside of sports.

NBA and MLB have options for me to stream (although MLB blocks out a ton). All the sports need to move into the new era or they will end up like boxing....or blockbuster.

I tend to agree with you ....... then there is that inconvenient truth, though, that home teams win more games than visitors.

I've been able to get over on Direct TV most years, but I couldn't this past season, so I had to pay, and it was only $46 for 6 months for Sunday Ticket. And comparing to NBA and MLB, a person in the some other part of the country - me - got to see every Packer game. I'm lucky if I see 1/3 of the Brewers and Bucks games, and it's only up to that the past couple of years when they have been good. So I'm damn thankful for the NFL way.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I tend to agree with you ....... then there is that inconvenient truth, though, that home teams win more games than visitors.

I've been able to get over on Direct TV most years, but I couldn't this past season, so I had to pay, and it was only $46 for 6 months for Sunday Ticket. And comparing to NBA and MLB, a person in the some other part of the country - me - got to see every Packer game. I'm lucky if I see 1/3 of the Brewers and Bucks games, and it's only up to that the past couple of years when they have been good. So I'm damn thankful for the NFL way.
    But you must have a DirectTV contract to get the NFL package. I don't watch TV other than sports and news (and a very small amount of other stuff I stream from my amazon Prime account. I don't want DircectTV in my life. I want the packers. If absolutely forced to choose I will do without the packers as the cost to get a package + NFL package is more than its worth to me. I don't have cable or satellite. I have an HD antenna and internet. It serves my purposes.

well, golf with no fans is weird

and listening on the radio yesterday to soccer with no fans was really weird

so i guess, CGI fans and fake crowd noise, or no fans at all. shits gonna be really weird this year

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But you must have a DirectTV contract to get the NFL package. I don't watch TV other than sports and news (and a very small amount of other stuff I stream from my amazon Prime account. I don't want DircectTV in my life. I want the packers. If absolutely forced to choose I will do without the packers as the cost to get a package + NFL package is more than its worth to me. I don't have cable or satellite. I have an HD antenna and internet. It serves my purposes.
    thats my setup too, i'm lucky enough though to live close enough to green bay for it to be considered the packer region, so i get all home game, except for the espn games

thats when i look for a illegal feed. if they had a way for me to pay for that one game ($10-$20) i would do it. but im not gonna sign up for cable or direct tv just for 1 or 2 games

and i could give a shit about the rest of the NFL to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    and listening on the radio yesterday to soccer
    Good lord, how fucking bad is your life?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The NFL App was pretty good last season. Much better than the previous year. About $100 to get every game ever - or something like that. The only drawback is that you have to wait until the live games are over before watching them, but I hardly ever watch football live anymore anyway. After a couple days you can watch the version where you only see what's happening when the clock is running and the "coaches film." Two years ago you couldn't get the games to play until several hours after they finished. This past season, it was typically half an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    The NFL App was pretty good last season. Much better than the previous year. About $100 to get every game ever - or something like that. The only drawback is that you have to wait until the live games are over before watching them, but I hardly ever watch football live anymore anyway. After a couple days you can watch the version where you only see what's happening when the clock is running and the "coaches film." Two years ago you couldn't get the games to play until several hours after they finished. This past season, it was typically half an hour or so.
    So the noon games are available at like 3:30? That's way better than the first couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    So the noon games are available at like 3:30? That's way better than the first couple years.
    Oh, I don’t really know because I never watch the early games until I start to drink for real, which is usually 4-5. I want to say the late games were there a half hour or so later, albeit a bit buggy as far as fast forwarding sometimes.

Please don't tempt me to fork out cash for the NFL app again....it was so fucked up the first time I tried it. Complete waste and no chance at a refund.
    C.H.U.D.