Thread: RIP Eddie Van Halen

RIP Eddie Van Halen

I feel old
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Feeling real old now... Helen Reddy, Mac Davis.

Lot of others getting up there... Willie Nelson, Tommie Chong is in his 80's I think. Was watching Midnight Run with DeNiro and Charles Grodin yesterday... Grodin is 85 now.

The debt that all men pay.
    wist

Ain't talkin about love was the first Van Halen song I learned as a young guitar player. Now I'm an old guitar player. I'd like to kick Father Time right in the balls! RIP EVH.
    Formerly known as "Jeffro66".

My favorite guitarist. Weird that I’m slightly shaken by the death of a celebrity. Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love is a top 5 song for me.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    My favorite guitarist. Weird that I’m slightly shaken by the death of a celebrity. Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love is a top 5 song for me.
    I know he was respected by other guitarists, but I could never get into VH... was older when they came along.

I grew up on Clapton, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, and Blues. Loved Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Last concert I went to was Joe Bonamassa - the guy is just a savant in so many styles. I know Joe had a lot of respect for EVH.

We're gettin old Harvey
    wist

Never a fan. Not saying he wasn't good at what he did. I just didn't think what he did was very musical. Joe Bonamassa is the guy now.

I think anyone who defines an entire genre is an amazing artist. It’s a pretty short list. Jimmy and Eddie on guitar in the last 60 years. There’s a ton of music that never gets made without Eddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.