Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
I never bet more than 20% of my roll in a given week. My long odds bets are usually like 2-5% and my larger, safer bets are in the 20% range.

I always do better when I slow down and bet a little less. As soon as I lose a couple, I slow down and wait for the great bets. I usually climb out and end up higher than ever before but I'm bound to get cocky and slip.

My bank roll discipline gives me a chance but I still fight against impulse and overconfidence like you and bobble clearly do too. If there ever was a band of know it all's, it's us three. But, to our credit and yours too even lately, you don't dig in like a dip shit. You're fine to move on even if you're not perfectly right on everything you say.
Well that’s just it. I’ve lived in Vegas and such and I’ve seen guys that can pick games and winners but they were always broke and couldn’t manage the $ and they just keep going and going with the compulsive side which always leads to the destructive side. They basically box themselves in where they can’t win mid to long term and it’s just a disaster waiting to happen. The compulsive demon has to be managed and checked at all times. With time it just becomes a trained behavior. In fact betting more games isn’t a great idea in general when your getting started especially. I’m more cautious during the weekday games as there isn’t as much action to choose from. I’ll go lighter but the two I went on about this week i just really really liked. They had all the components I look for to take a bigger swing.

With college basketball now it opens things up quite a bit though. I’m still going through my grading process with that as the season has just started.