Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Official Degenerate Gamblers Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Justis Mosqueda
    @JuMosq

The Packers are 1-6 as favorites and 3-1 as underdogs against the spread this year. Team of chaos
    Eagles -6.5 Over/under 45.5.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The parlays eventually hit. Play the long game, apb!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I don't bet parlays, but its a myth that they are worse than straight bets. Oh, when you get up to 5+ games the books charge a premium vig and they get to be worse, but a 3 teamer should mathematically pay 90.9 per leg, or 110x1.909x1.909x1.909=765 which is 6.95 to 1. Generally I get 7-1 for my 3 teamers. On rare promotions I can get up to 8-1...still I don't bet parlays because its a long game. I hate losing several weeks in a row to hit one and get back to even. I'd rather slow grind lose than lose fast hoping to hit that one jackpot to get even. I could get into the bell curves of it all as well. If you are working from a limited bankroll parlays have a higher chance to break you quickly, but also have a higher chance for you to race ahead...etc. etc., boring math stuff that most don't care about. Plus then I'd have to deal with Hoosier challenging my credentials in 2 forums instead of just one.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    If he’s betting 25 a week I’d rather just have him send me the money and I will apply it towards my kids college education. Itd
    Be less stress on app, and the money he is giving away every week would at least go for a good cause
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If he’s betting 25 a week I’d rather just have him send me the money and I will apply it towards my kids college education. Itd
    Be less stress on app, and the money he is giving away every week would at least go for a good cause
    Its going to a good cause right now. Its giving a burger flipper a glimmer of enjoyment and hope. And when he loses its going to support whatever tribe is benefiting from his bad "luck". Just because YOU think giving to you is a better cause....doesn't make it so.

I’ve looked at how the parlays pay out. They don’t take any extra from the parlay. But like you said, they’re a lot more L’s to get the W

I’ve looked at how the parlays pay out. They don’t take any extra from the parlay. But like you said, they’re a lot more L’s to get the W
    Most places start to take more at 5 games. Different books, different odds. I think Cantor and William Hill are the truest right up the ladder, and the old Hilton superbook (now the westgate) still has some of the best action you could want.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Most places start to take more at 5 games. Different books, different odds. I think Cantor and William Hill are the truest right up the ladder, and the old Hilton superbook (now the westgate) still has some of the best action you could want.
    I never looked what happened after 5 games, but it makes sense that they would protect themselves against huge L’s like that. Most I ever did was 5-ways I think anyway. Never hit one. But I always checked that the odds for the single bet was multiplying the parlay so I wasn’t handicapping myself.

If you can afford to lose, apb, you’ll eventually hit a parlay. It’s better odds than lottery tickets.

I bet $20 on Jordan Love to go over 212.5. 20 guys went over 213 ypg last year. So I like Loves chances of being below average against a bad passing defense.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    My 8 teams parlay is fucked with the Queens getting fucked (took Queens via spread). Guess $3 for the Queens to get fucked ain’t so bad.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

hahahaha serves you right for betting on the enemy.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Yes, your $3 contribution to the division Gods is well appreciated, APB

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Yes, your $3 contribution to the division Gods is well appreciated, APB
    I do have $60 on the Packers this week, moneyline, though.

Yes, I chickened out. Was supposed to put my minimum wage paycheck ($433) on the line. But Christine Watson’s skipping the game cos her hair ain’t pretty, so I chickened out.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I put $50 on the Packers to win. You got me on that one. Betting on the Packers to beat the Bears is usually a pittance of a profit, but this payout was pretty solid.

But as soon as we face a pass rush imma bet the under.

I liked loves chances against their pass rush, as good as our OL pass blocked in the preseason.

Glad I didn't post my bets for week 1. It would have been embarrassing.

I don’t know if I’m gonna bet the under when we face a good pass rush actually. Love isn’t a really good runner, but he’s good. He’s not a big donkey who can just bounce of tacklers, but he’s sturdy…..

He’s got just enough size and athletic ability….. and seems to be accurate on the move. Maybe he could have big days against good pass rushes too. More moving pockets, screens, draws, runs, etc to keep them from teeing off.

I put $20 on pack covering 1.5 in ATL. Ridder. Atlanta fans not super pumped to play packers or play at all this year so the dome won’t be as bad. I think they sleeping on #10 still.