Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Degenerate Gamblers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I never bet more than 20% of my roll in a given week. My long odds bets are usually like 2-5% and my larger, safer bets are in the 20% range.

I always do better when I slow down and bet a little less. As soon as I lose a couple, I slow down and wait for the great bets. I usually climb out and end up higher than ever before but I'm bound to get cocky and slip.

My bank roll discipline gives me a chance but I still fight against impulse and overconfidence like you and bobble clearly do too. If there ever was a band of know it all's, it's us three. But, to our credit and yours too even lately, you don't dig in like a dip shit. You're fine to move on even if you're not perfectly right on everything you say.
    Well that’s just it. I’ve lived in Vegas and such and I’ve seen guys that can pick games and winners but they were always broke and couldn’t manage the $ and they just keep going and going with the compulsive side which always leads to the destructive side. They basically box themselves in where they can’t win mid to long term and it’s just a disaster waiting to happen. The compulsive demon has to be managed and checked at all times. With time it just becomes a trained behavior. In fact betting more games isn’t a great idea in general when your getting started especially. I’m more cautious during the weekday games as there isn’t as much action to choose from. I’ll go lighter but the two I went on about this week i just really really liked. They had all the components I look for to take a bigger swing.

With college basketball now it opens things up quite a bit though. I’m still going through my grading process with that as the season has just started.

I don't have multiple book options like some of you guys, but I got the eagles +7 at even money this week. I like how their DL matches up against taysom Hill at QB. Would love a straight loss by NO because they still have the chiefs! I can't make that bet even tho the ml is nice at +300
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

+300 ML isn't that hot for the Iggles game, the way they're currently playing. The Saints defense is damn good.

Taysom hill at QB vs the best DL is a horrible matchup for NO. And a QB like Hurts is a great equalizer for a top defense. He can luck into 20 yard first down runs on the regular. It's a sneaky had game for the Saints.

As a downside to week 14, Alex Kemp, known mafia ref and game rigger (known by me) is refereeing the Packers Lions. Anything could happen because when the refs are with you, no one can be against you.

I won’t be doing that but play it if your feeling it. I’m busy tonight on the last leg of a parlay ticket in a big Mountain West Showdown with Nevada ML. Game is moved here to Las Vegas. Should be a great game and has worked out perfectly. I love it when a plan comes together!!!!

Saturday should be a huge success!!

Bet Details:
    113 Wake Forest (+115) (NCAA FB)
    143 Auburn (-245) (NCAA FB)
    420 Miami Florida (-150) (NCAA FB)
    423 Minnesota U +10½ (-110) (NCAA FB)

Still working on Sundays action. As posted in Packer/Lions thread I’m completely off the Packer game for several reasons.

wow, this thread got more interest than I hoped even. Brandon, nice call on Baltimore. I hit the teaser by 1 point on the under. Puts me at 1-1 in this thread. You got hosed same as me by Pitt not showing up at all.

I don't really watch enough college FB to bet. Who does everyone love in the NFL tomorrow? I feel dirty for saying it, but I like the Bears. I should have posted Rams, I liked them a lot in that game. I bet it from the LV airport. Now I'm in Wisconsin so I'm out of action for this weekend with no book available to me. In addition to the bears I'm liking the Chargers and Redskins. Again, won't have any real action this weekend, but a round robin ML parlay with those 3 would probably be my action. 3 dogs, 2 at home playing out of conference.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Next year we should run a contest. $1000 bankroll. We use vegasinsider westgate line. Something like that. It would be fun. Trash talking would probably know no bounds. If you beat me you could even call me clown shoes. Justin would just swear at all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Next year we should run a contest. $1000 bankroll. We use vegasinsider westgate line. Something like that. It would be fun. Trash talking would probably know no bounds. If you beat me you could even call me clown shoes. Justin would just swear at all of us.
    I'll win for sure!!!!!

I don't want you bastards stealing my bets tho

We can pit my game rigging theory against the smart guys!

I got a lot of shit going here. Leaning Iowa and USC.

Everything tomorrow for me revolves around Colts ML. That’s my power game I need it to happen to “Ching Ching”

The Raiders are a Fucken Tease!! Then clean the floors up with the Bills on Monday Night!!!!

Someone needs to tell Graham Mertz to pull his head out of his ass and come back down to earth. Walks around like he is some big Heisman candidate and the guy is playing like complete trash for weeks now. It’s pathetic!! Bench his ass!!

Hey bobble, do you ever get the feeling Brandon posts all these bets after the fact and isn't winning like he says?

It takes everything I have to double up in a year and this dude makes it sound like he's doubling every week.

Well.....he does get lines that I never see.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Well.....he does get lines that I never see.
    He posts some bets before hand and they're always ridiculous value. And then on Sunday he'll come in with some parlays he put together with like two college upsets that already happened tied to a noon game that's already been played, tied to an easy money line bet that hasn't finished yet. And then he's like, yeah, if buffalo beats the jets today, my 5 part parlay falls in my lap. Good week. But that's in game day threads so you'd have to be there to see that.

So the layers of his fraudulent bet posturing seem to be many

I have my one bookie but next year I do plan to have a second one open so I can get a little better value. There are times where my place is just a little off from some of the others and I want at least two options