View Poll Results: DOES AROD play as long as Tom Brady at a similar level of quality ??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 18.18%
  • NO

18 81.82%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AROD vs BRADY

I see very little chance that Rodgers is still playing at a championship level at age 43. Again...in the vast history of the NFL, only 1 guy had accomplished that. He's also the guy who had won more Super Bowls individually in a 20 year career than any franchise has been able to muster over 50 plus.

Brady is an outlier...the GOAT. In terms of physical talent, I believe Rodgers is better, but between the ears NO ONE has what Brady does. His focus and drive to be elite are unmatched. To me, Shailene makes it even less likely that Rodgers will push it to 43. Those two clearly fused almost instantaneously. That will be a distraction to Rodgers moving forward...not necessarily in a bad way, but I think Brady married an equal in terms of drive to compete. Giselle understands where Tom is coming from and supports it fully. I'm not sure the same can be said for a woman who said she never saw herself falling for a guy who throws balls for a living.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I see very little chance that Rodgers is still playing at a championship level at age 43. Again...in the vast history of the NFL, only 1 guy had accomplished that. He's also the guy who had won more Super Bowls individually in a 20 year career than any franchise has been able to muster over 50 plus.

Brady is an outlier...the GOAT. In terms of physical talent, I believe Rodgers is better, but between the ears NO ONE has what Brady does. His focus and drive to be elite are unmatched. To me, Shailene makes it even less likely that Rodgers will push it to 43. Those two clearly fused almost instantaneously. That will be a distraction to Rodgers moving forward...not necessarily in a bad way, but I think Brady married an equal in terms of drive to compete. Giselle understands where Tom is coming from and supports it fully. I'm not sure the same can be said for a woman who said she never saw herself falling for a guy who throws balls for a living.
    This could end up bad for Rodgers.

https://images.app.goo.gl/v23QNecTqqGwAyWT6

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post

When fat mike got married and knocked up his hotter younger bride I said I didn't like it. Family and Football don't really mesh too well. I pointed out the failed marriages of many a great coach. There just isn't time or passion enough for both.

I do think Rodgers head is somewhere other than football right now. The more I see, the more I want to trade him. Oh, I still think he will be very good for 2 more years, but add in all the extra drama, and the last 2 playoffs where he refused to dive on a loose ball that he dropped with the center and then refusing to run to the endzone with everything on the line....well, I just think its time to salvage some return and move on even if it means Blake Bortles for a year while Love finishes his under study degree.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Gosh, I thought there was a bunch of stupid assuming by know-nothings in the other thread about what's in the head of Rodgers, but this one tops even that. And ya'all know what makes Brady tick too huh? Who knows, maybe all the ignorant speculation is correct - even though it flies in the face of everything the man has ever said and all evidence available.

I guess it's gonna take 6-8 years before I get to say I told you so to the various whiners and panicky people in here. In the short term, though, I'll be saying that when Rodgers is the starting QB for the first regular season game this year. Preseason? Possibly. Training camp? Probably not. But when it happens, I expect a lot of fools to be eating a lot of crow - as I will if it doesn't happen.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Gosh, I thought there was a bunch of stupid assuming by know-nothings in the other thread about what's in the head of Rodgers, but this one tops even that. And ya'all know what makes Brady tick too huh? Who knows, maybe all the ignorant speculation is correct - even though it flies in the face of everything the man has ever said and all evidence available.

I guess it's gonna take 6-8 years before I get to say I told you so to the various whiners and panicky people in here. In the short term, though, I'll be saying that when Rodgers is the starting QB for the first regular season game this year. Preseason? Possibly. Training camp? Probably not. But when it happens, I expect a lot of fools to be eating a lot of crow - as I will if it doesn't happen.
    As to waiting I believe you can day I told you so in about 5.5 years. I have said I will be amazed if he is quality at 41 so that's my point where I'm wrong.
    As to rodgers starting this year I will be suprised if he doesnt
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

80% Rodgers back for training camp with a contract that guarantees him 2 or 3 more years
    10% chance he waits till the start of the season if the Packers don’t budge
    10% chance he waits for the minimum number of games he needs to play to accrue a season

If he does one of the less probably options, he’ll be traded either this year or next year for much less than we would have gotten. He’s pissed off, stubborn and malcontent. No ones gonna give a kings ransom for him at his age and mental state.

But we’re still looking at a solution to keep him. It’s just going to have to be a little more on Rodgers terms.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I’m torn on who to support. Most people accept the systems we live in and play by the rules. Rodgers fights it. I support him fighting it on one level because it’s bullshit and cold, the system is. But we’re all stuck here. A lot of bad things happen when we fight the systems. I guess I’ll always respect him for fighting for a good cause, but I fully expect him to suffer as much as anyone for his fight. He’ll get tore up in the media if he makes too much of a power push. Humanity has a way of fighting for the systems that harm them. I expect that to happen here too.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'll just add this. One of them is in OTAs trying to do everything he can to win another ring and the other is butt hurt. One is motivated by winning the other wants respect or something.
    The channel my inner Iverson, OTA? Are you fucking kidding me? OTA! Not a game. Not even a fucking regular season practice! Fucking OTA!

The Frog’s offense ain’t exactly a doctoral dissertation on Fuckology. It’s jet sweep right; jet sweep left; run right; run left; play-action bomb. The Great Arm of Butte has already mastered the uncomplicated offense.

12 ain’t need to be at some meaningless practices. He ain’t need to kiss management’s ass.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’m torn on who to support. Most people accept the systems we live in and play by the rules. Rodgers fights it. I support him fighting it on one level because it’s bullshit and cold, the system is. But we’re all stuck here. A lot of bad things happen when we fight the systems. I guess I’ll always respect him for fighting for a good cause, but I fully expect him to suffer as much as anyone for his fight. He’ll get tore up in the media if he makes too much of a power push. Humanity has a way of fighting for the systems that harm them. I expect that to happen here too.
    I am 110% pro-12.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I am 110% pro-12.
    Yeah, makes sense. He’s a person who wants himself and teammates treated with loyalty and respect. It’s not hard to get behind. I’m torn because I don’t know if he’s gonna make a difference and is probably just beating his head on the wall. I don’t know if he’s being at all smart in the sense that there is no good outcome. So I see him as wasting energy trying to fix a world that doesn’t want to be fixed.

80% Rodgers back for training camp with a contract that guarantees him 2 or 3 more years
    10% chance he waits till the start of the season if the Packers don’t budge
    10% chance he waits for the minimum number of games he needs to play to accrue a season

If he does one of the less probably options, he’ll be traded either this year or next year for much less than we would have gotten. He’s pissed off, stubborn and malcontent. No ones gonna give a kings ransom for him at his age and mental state.

But we’re still looking at a solution to keep him. It’s just going to have to be a little more on Rodgers terms.
    He gets no credit for an accrued year if he misses more than five days of camp.

This will be resolved soon after the start of training camp. Either Rodgers shows up, or he will retire. Due to the vast amount of money he would lose to retire, I'm guessing he shows up.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Yeah, makes sense. He’s a person who wants himself and teammates treated with loyalty and respect. It’s not hard to get behind. I’m torn because I don’t know if he’s gonna make a difference and is probably just beating his head on the wall. I don’t know if he’s being at all smart in the sense that there is no good outcome. So I see him as wasting energy trying to fix a world that doesn’t want to be fixed.
    I think your use of "respect" rings true but your reference to loyalty is off. Players often do not show loyalty to teams just like teams jettison players without loyalty.

It's a business and most players look to maximize their payday and so how does that suggest loyalty. Outside of Aaron Jones recent deal, really the only players given Packers a hometown discount are ones in the twilight of their career it seems. Rodgers contracts were always the highest current one for a QB at the time of signing. I know now his contract seems low for the position but that's a trade off with the upfront signing money and growing revenue.

When a player resigns with his existing team, on some small level it might be loyalty to the front office that drafted him and the coaching staff to having developed him, but really it's all about t he money and more a comfort thing. Knowing the system, his teammates, etc. is the draw and any real loyalty would be to the teammates and not the organization.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    The channel my inner Iverson, OTA? Are you fucking kidding me? OTA! Not a game. Not even a fucking regular season practice! Fucking OTA!

The Frog’s offense ain’t exactly a doctoral dissertation on Fuckology. It’s jet sweep right; jet sweep left; run right; run left; play-action bomb. The Great Arm of Butte has already mastered the uncomplicated offense.

12 ain’t need to be at some meaningless practices. He ain’t need to kiss management’s ass.
    How many rings Iverson got?

Has Rodgers ever taken a deal below market? I hear a lot about loyalty and respect, but when its time to get paid I rarely see it in action. Jones took a below market deal. Who knows, maybe there wasn't a market for him better than we gave him, but it seemed like a below market deal. Right now, if Jones complained about loyalty it would ring louder than Rodgers complaining about it.

edit: Nicely said spaulding, could have skipped my post if I had seen yours first.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    He gets no credit for an accrued year if he misses more than five days of camp.
    Well that clears it up. He’ll be here for camp. Maybe he’ll miss 5 days to send the final message, I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding View Post
    I think your use of "respect" rings true but your reference to loyalty is off. Players often do not show loyalty to teams just like teams jettison players without loyalty.

It's a business and most players look to maximize their payday and so how does that suggest loyalty. Outside of Aaron Jones recent deal, really the only players given Packers a hometown discount are ones in the twilight of their career it seems. Rodgers contracts were always the highest current one for a QB at the time of signing. I know now his contract seems low for the position but that's a trade off with the upfront signing money and growing revenue.

When a player resigns with his existing team, on some small level it might be loyalty to the front office that drafted him and the coaching staff to having developed him, but really it's all about t he money and more a comfort thing. Knowing the system, his teammates, etc. is the draw and any real loyalty would be to the teammates and not the organization.

Rodgers went on Kenny Mayne and said there is an organizational problem in how they treat people. In the same conversation he said the Packers drafted Jordan Love and probably didn’t expect him to go on to win the MVP. If the problem was “people” and an example of that is drafting Rodgers replacement, I think you can read between the lines that he thinks they move on from good players too soon. I think you can further read between the lines that he sees them trying to replace him and since they’re doing whatever they have to do with no loyalty then he’s going to do the same. He’s not going to show up and play by a different set of rules and loyalties when they are not.

As far as how he’s going to conduct himself once he gets here, he loves his teammates, has no kids, not married.... football is a big part of his life and his heart. Once he’s here, yeah, the loyalty to the teammates and coaches and loyalty to the season will come through.

It will all be fine but he’s showing a front office that will cut ties with anyone that he’s going to look out for himself too and not just be cast aside when they feel like it. If they don’t want to give him an extension, he doesn’t have to keep coming to all this offseason stuff either. No loyalty is no loyalty and both sides can do that.

Both guys are headcases whose drafting motivated them to become MVP-tier QBs. I think Rodgers got the better backup tutelage under (pre-risk averse) Mike McCarthy and had better WR talent overall than Brady, who had the Curmudgeon and a bunch of twitchy try-hards (and Randy Moss).

The difference for the sake of this question is that Brady is the High Priest and True Believer of the TB12 Cult and has lived his whole pro career to be marketable and in top physical and mental shape. He helps install the offense; he recruits potential teammates (character Red Flags to come to TB for cheap); and he tries to sell them on his physical regimen (with his radioactive personal trainer who now offices at the Bucs). Brady skipped Tampa Bay's OTAs to lead his own while Rodgers saw the wonders of Hawai'i.

I'm not saying that Aaron Rodgers doesn't work out on his own in the offseason or cram harder than most starting QBs between training camp and the last game of the season. I think he's a better natural athlete than Brady and probably a better quarterback. But his degree of all-in isn't the same as Tom Brady and whatever it takes to achieve his Unnatural Cranium.

I think that whatever motivates A-Rod, he will either be satisfied with or resigned with football before he reaches Tom Brady's career performance.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

If I was gonna play devil's advocate and say Rodgers does not play to the same age or more as Brady, I'd be saying that the overriding fact is that Brady has a 6 year head start. He's dodged mines to age 43, while Rodgers has 6+ years to go crossing the same mine field.

Just the same, I'm confident Rodgers has every other factor going in his favor including the GOAT motivation - I'm pretty sure he is driven by his ego to out do Brady including career duration. And as I've said several times, it will be a damn shame, a capital offense for Gutekunst if he doesn't finish with the Packers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

I'm still waiting for a lot of I told you so's from FYI where you have been wrong for better than a decade now. You have gone full walter mitty in your advancing years.