Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A glance at the Packers 2020 draft

This is why you can never judge a GM on a single draft, good or bad.

Well Dillon looked good his first two years, Runyan gave them almost 4 years of starts as a R6 pick, the others got you some games and starts... but I agree not a great draft outside of the QB.

It's fun to grade a draft immediately and then each of the first few years, just to see how perspectives change. I do think you need 3 years for that perspective though. Also helps to look at other team's drafts, as well as those from like 10 years back.

A lot of picks turn into either meh or bad players at the pro level. Not everyone can be All Star, says Capt. Obvious.

But if Love keeps playing like he has been, then you have your QB - a REALLY good QB - for the next ten years. So even if the rest of the draft is a bunch of soft wet farts, it’s still a good draft. A great draft.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

If Love plays like he has the last 10 games he’ll be a 70% 4,500 yard, 42 touchdown and 2 interception QB with a 120 rating. The odds of love continuing to play like that are slim, but if he does for a few seasons he’ll have a few MVPs and be a HOFer.

But he has a lot of talented weapons, a good OL and Aaron Jones. I’m betting on him being MVP next year.

And I hope we resign Jones for a contract that locks him in for 3 more years. He has very little wear and tear and shows no signs of slowing down. Ages 30, 31 and 32 should be good for him. After that, unfortunately, it’s probably time to let go.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

True the part about Love, maybe also about Jones. Adrian Peterson was effective to a much older age than what you're talking about with Jones, and to some extent, they are similar.

Regarding Love, I think his last half season was a lot more what we can expect going forward than his first half. That's partly because Love really seemed to learn from his mistakes, and partly because the receivers were a lot better the second half, and that should continue. And of Watson can overcome the hamstring crap, things should get better, also having a healthy Musgrave.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    This is why you can never judge a GM on a single draft, good or bad.
    Au contraire, we do it all the time.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I would definitly fire the guys that engineered a 31-7 start to their time together.
    And here I thought I killed the thread with this one.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

a 70% 4,500 yard, 42 touchdown and 2 interception QB with a 120 rating
    That would be one of the best years any QB has ever had and easily an MVP year. I don't think it's fair to project that over a season for him or anyone.
    Rodgers never had a season where he threw for over 30 TD and less than 4 Ints. 40 and 2 would be unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    A big fat F, on draft day and now. The most I ever upgrade is to C if Love becomes HoF

Nothing against Love, but it was bad then and now it's Chernobyl. It could wreck the franchise for years. And I believe Murphy & Gute have to go. This is the worst screw up in the league in a while and in Franchise history (though it could still be fixed -- I still want Murph & Gute gone).

Both Dillon and Deguara were overdrafted by position & need. Nothing against them as players or team fits, but it was a wasted draft. Zero contribution last year.

You still staying with your assessment of the 2020 draft?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    That would be one of the best years any QB has ever had and easily an MVP year. I don't think it's fair to project that over a season for him or anyone.
    Rodgers never had a season where he threw for over 30 TD and less than 4 Ints. 40 and 2 would be unprecedented.
    Love's last 8 games put him on pace for 36/2. Even better when you factor in the playoff game against the Cowpokes.