Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have zero confidence in Love. It's his confidence, command in the huddle, the head stuff. Benkhert seems to have all that. And I don't think it can be learned. Kurt is limited but could get us through a year or two.

That's my meaning. The tools aren't the most important thing. I could be wrong on Love, but I've been looking for those so called "intangibles" and I really don't see it with him. So to me, at least Benkhert is a nice safety valve when Love flops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    I have zero confidence in Love. It's his confidence, command in the huddle, the head stuff. Benkhert seems to have all that. And I don't think it can be learned. Kurt is limited but could get us through a year or two.

That's my meaning. The tools aren't the most important thing. I could be wrong on Love, but I've been looking for those so called "intangibles" and I really don't see it with him. So to me, at least Benkhert is a nice safety valve when Love flops.
    I respect you're opinion but I feel you need to think longer and harder about even considering Benkhert a starter. He's at best currently a one or two game stop gap and likely that is his ceiling given his measureables, history and projections. Love is clearly the more talented player and was a projected high draft choice. Whether he ever pans out and fills the space between his ears with the needed vision and decision making is obviously up for debate.

It's still way too early to make an accurate assessment of him. Certainly as this season progresses we should get a much better picture of if he's NFL starter material or not.

Lastly, in reference to Tex's comments, rooting against any draft choices success (i.e against Love) is a dangerous slope to start heading down. It reeks of player worshiping versus team loyalty.
    60% of the time it works every time.

You’ve seen him play one solid preseason game
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I have zero confidence in Love. It's his confidence, command in the huddle, the head stuff.
    I feel the exact opposite. I love his calmness in the pocket. He's got swag, and his teammates seem to gravitate to him. Even in the one preseason game, he kept his composure--despite the OL playing poorly in front of him. That checkdown to A.J. Dillon and the pass to Sternberger being two examples. I also liked the way he easily threw "off platform".

My main concern with Love is not arm strength, accuracy, mental aptitude, leadership. It's the fact he has a bit of a windup, and I don't think he's the quickest getting the ball out. Hopefully, he can improve on that.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I feel the exact opposite. I love his calmness in the pocket. He's got swag, and his teammates seem to gravitate to him. Even in the one preseason game, he kept his composure--despite the OL playing poorly in front of him. That checkdown to A.J. Dillon and the pass to Sternberger being two examples. I also liked the way he easily threw "off platform".

My main concern with Love is not arm strength, accuracy, mental aptitude, leadership. It's the fact he has a bit of a windup, and I don't think he's the quickest getting the ball out. Hopefully, he can improve on that.
    My concerns are accuracy and mental aptitude. I haven't really noticed the slow throwing motion but Byron Leftwich comes to mind lol.

Love has a great arm, but to me from what I've seen it's not very accurate.

But everyone in the NFL has a pretty good arm and is reasonably accurate. The mental part is what separates the backups from the top notch starters.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Love has a great arm, but to me from what I've seen it's not very accurate.
    I think most Packer fans are clueless about the relative accuracy of NFL QBs after watching 30 years of HOF caliber QB play.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!