Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Of course Love has been better, but you can't separate a QB from his receivers. Rodgers, objectively, had drastically fewer open receivers last year than Love this year. You can't really account for that when comparing one season's numbers to the next.
    Lazard and Cobb.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Of course Love has been better, but you can't separate a QB from his receivers. Rodgers, objectively, had drastically fewer open receivers last year than Love this year. You can't really account for that when comparing one season's numbers to the next.
    Perhaps Rodgers would have had more open receivers if he had just embraced MLF's offense instead of insisting on changing so many plays at the line and insisting receivers learn his hand signals before they can really be involved in the offense.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Perhaps Rodgers would have had more open receivers if he had just embraced MLF's offense instead of insisting on changing so many plays at the line and insisting receivers learn his hand signals before they can really be involved in the offense.
    Or thrown over the middle.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Or thrown over the middle.
    Huh! That panocha didn’t like risking his stats did he. Stunted team growth on offense the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    True, but he might also have had some open receivers if Gute invested some draft capital on receivers who could run before 2022.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    True, but he might also have had some open receivers if Gute invested some draft capital on receivers who could run before 2022.
    If only they drafted Tee Higgins instead of Jordan Love...

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Huh! That panocha didn’t like risking his stats did he. Stunted team growth on offense the last 5 years.
    Back in the day Rodgers didn't avoid the MOF as much as later years.

Rodgers got pretty obsessed with the don't throw interceptions idea - which isn't a bad idea, but once he was the far and away leader in Int% for QB, I think he went some length to protect that record.
    Throws over the middle are more likely to get picked than sideline throws. They can be easier throws if you read the coverage properly, and give good opportunities for YAC.

Sideline shots aren't very high percentage, but Rodgers made up for that with stupid WR screens and having insane accuracy.

Personally I understand being careful with turnovers and all, but you have to force a defense to cover the entire field.
    On offense you want to expand the space a team has to defend, on defense you want to shrink it.

Having better talent at WR would certainly help - but until last year he didn't exactly have a barren cupboard. He pushed Gute to trade for guys like Cobb or elevate Lazard to WR2. I agree they didn't give him as much help as he should have had but I think there's a sense that he would have ignored it in favor of spamming Adams with throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    LOL this was me, along with liking Jalen Hurts better than Jordan Love.
    Higgins is a good player and will do well for himself in FA, he also would have really helped out GB's passing game during the 13-3 years.

That said, I can't think of a QB drafted after 2020 who GB would have been able to draft with Love's level of arm talent.
    Brock Purdy is good but his arm is not as good as Love's.

I always felt like GB took a QB a year too early, I was wrong. I am this close to being on the bandwagon.

I'll say this much: having 3 consecutive above average QBs is more than a statistical anomaly. At this point you have to assume it is related to not having an owner forcing the coaches to play a draft pick before they are ready. Taking a prospect with the tools and giving them time to refine and improve their game must have some benefits. Look at the CAR owner -- overruling people to trade for Bryce Young and then pushing into a bad situation will set them back for years and propel the Bears.
    Last edited by run pMc; 01-16-2024 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    When I saw the Packers traded up in that draft, I actually thought they were going to draft Patrick Queen.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d=nhym4lcyn4q7

It's bleacher report, but top 10 contract would be ridiculously cheap. Top 3 is what I worried.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

As a fan, you'd like to see him go more toward that Tom Brady road, where you sign a good deal but one that allows the team to continue to pay other positions. I mean, if you're getting 30 million a year, holy cow, how much do you really need? Throw a few State Farm commercials in there (though all the white people will get him mixed up with Jake from State Farm), and you're set for life.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    As a fan, you'd like to see him go more toward that Tom Brady road, where you sign a good deal but one that allows the team to continue to pay other positions.
    As a GM, you want to do the Brady/Michael Jordan thing where you convince them to take less money for the good of the team and then never sign any expensive free agents.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d=nhym4lcyn4q7

It's bleacher report, but top 10 contract would be ridiculously cheap. Top 3 is what I worried.
    Top 10 for 5 years would be perfect. Would be cap fair the entire duration of the deal. Consider Love only showed us half a season so far and I think its fair for both sides.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Top 10 for 5 years would be perfect. Would be cap fair the entire duration of the deal. Consider Love only showed us half a season so far and I think its fair for both sides.
    Top 10 is the bottom end of fair. Top 3 is the top end of fair. Top 6-7 seems like middle ground to me.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Less than Joe Burrow (55 M)
    More than Daniel Jones (40M)

47M per year, 6th highest paid QB in the league. Take it to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    As a GM, you want to do the Brady/Michael Jordan thing where you convince them to take less money for the good of the team and then never sign any expensive free agents.
    Maybe Ted would've done that, but I don't think Guter would. He seems okay with signing expensive free agents to make the team better, when it makes sense. There isn't any upside in the NFL to not use the cap space.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Less than Joe Burrow (55 M)
    More than Daniel Jones (40M)

47M per year, 6th highest paid QB in the league. Take it to the bank.
    I like this here. Just throw in some kinda SB escalator clause and we are good.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Top 10 is the bottom end of fair. Top 3 is the top end of fair. Top 6-7 seems like middle ground to me.
    I agree it will be top 3 when its done, but do you think Love has proven beyond doubt to be top 3 QB? Maholmes and Burrow are hands downs superior. Then you got some proven guys including MVP winner Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen, Stafford (who you said is a HoF guy). These guys have all proven it for more than a 10 game run. Given the state of things if they give him top 5 money, but only for 4 years (including ripping up this year) it would seem fair to me. But we live in the NFL. Likely he gets 5 years and its the richest deal ever signed.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I agree it will be top 3 when its done, but do you think Love has proven beyond doubt to be top 3 QB? Maholmes and Burrow are hands downs superior. Then you got some proven guys including MVP winner Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen, Stafford (who you said is a HoF guy). These guys have all proven it for more than a 10 game run. Given the state of things if they give him top 5 money, but only for 4 years (including ripping up this year) it would seem fair to me. But we live in the NFL. Likely he gets 5 years and its the richest deal ever signed.
    I had a dream last night that Jordan Love signed a deal and I got a notification and was trying to be the first one to report it at packerrats, haha.

Anyway, I don’t think he’s getting top 3. That’s 50M. And I don’t think he’s getting top 10, that’s 40M. Top 6 or 7 makes sense. A little better than Kyler Murray.

The Packers really are trying to keep their cap situation manageable. Jordan Love really is trying to get a guaranteed 70M dollars. Everyone really does see that he only had a 10 game sample.

I don’t know if his team is going to be so stubborn that they can’t bend a percentage point or two.