Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

He isn't in top 3 money -- yet. He has things to prove IMO. Somewhere between top 5 and top 10 would be about right, although in 3 years it might look like a bargain. QBs make crazy money.)

Matthew Stafford is a good QB, but he's not a HOF QB. He was a serious stat-padder until he got traded for the Rams and had Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald bailing him out. I don't think Eli Manning is a HOF QB, even though I think his case is stronger than Stafford's.
    Winning a SB doesn't make you a HOF player. (See: Dilfer, Trent; Johnson, Brad; Hostetler, Jeff, etc.)

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The number one reason to not give him big money is because of such a small sample huh? That’s not really true. Love has been with the team for years, he was drafted for this moment. When the time came to perform, with a lot of pressure, he showed he could do it. Then he showed he could snap out of a funk (very important). Then goes on a tear and if it weren’t for one bad throw at the end he might’ve taken out the Super Bowl runner up in only his second playoff game. A team the last guy couldn’t get past. Would have been a tremendous upset and look forward to the rematch at Lambeau. Could be for home field. Oh yeah, also beat the SB winner.

The team has to pay someone at QB so instead of asking if they should really need to ask why wouldn’t you. Rodgers got his done before he ever won a playoff game. Then he got the fat one after SB win right? The timing is right to do it now in a team friendly way.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    The number one reason to not give him big money is because of such a small sample huh? That’s not really true. Love has been with the team for years, he was drafted for this moment. When the time came to perform, with a lot of pressure, he showed he could do it. Then he showed he could snap out of a funk (very important).
    Not only that, but something similar... the thing that maybe impressed me the most about Love is that he never let a setback or mistake get into his head. With Favre, and Rodgers, if they made a mistake or even if something just went wrong that wasn't their fault, they'd often carry that into the next snap or couple of snaps. Especially in their younger years. You could see the way it affected their play; they'd try to get it all back on the next down.

But Love? I don't thnk it ever really saw that. He'd come right back under center, and just do what he needed to do - just stick with the plan, wasn't affected at all. Whatever went wrong on the previous snap was just over with; it was in the past, and now the next snap is a chance to do it better.

You can't rattle this man. He seems to have complete confidence in himself, but not in a cocky, arrogant way. It's just that he's got a job to do, and a plan for how to do it, and that's that. You don't see that kind of poise and composure in very many first-year starters.

This kid's the real deal.

The team has to pay someone at QB so instead of asking if they should really need to ask why wouldn’t you. Rodgers got his done before he ever won a playoff game. Then he got the fat one after SB win right? The timing is right to do it now in a team friendly way.
    What’s crazy is 47M per year is team friendly. Additionally, he has one year left on an existing deal for 12M or so.

There are a lot of ways it could go, but unless he signs for Joe Burrow proven elite young QB money, it’s going to be a steal when you average in that existing year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    What’s crazy is 47M per year is team friendly. Additionally, he has one year left on an existing deal for 12M or so.

There are a lot of ways it could go, but unless he signs for Joe Burrow proven elite young QB money, it’s going to be a steal when you average in that existing year.
    That's what I was thinking - that 47 mil for a year is team friendly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I had a dream last night that Jordan Love signed a deal and I got a notification and was trying to be the first one to report it at packerrats, haha.

Anyway, I don’t think he’s getting top 3. That’s 50M. And I don’t think he’s getting top 10, that’s 40M. Top 6 or 7 makes sense. A little better than Kyler Murray.
    My prediction is that it will be the largest contract ever. Each new QB deal seems to work out that way due to rising cap, GMs short lives.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The number one reason to not give him big money is because of such a small sample huh? That’s not really true. Love has been with the team for years, he was drafted for this moment. When the time came to perform, with a lot of pressure, he showed he could do it. Then he showed he could snap out of a funk (very important). Then goes on a tear and if it weren’t for one bad throw at the end he might’ve taken out the Super Bowl runner up in only his second playoff game. A team the last guy couldn’t get past. Would have been a tremendous upset and look forward to the rematch at Lambeau. Could be for home field. Oh yeah, also beat the SB winner.

I'm on the wagon Mad, but I could easily point out 7-8 horrible throw/decisions he made in the last 10 games. The one against SF just happened to get picked off whereas he got somewhat lucky on most of the others. My best guess is that he will be a very good QB as long as we surround him with talent, but I don't think he will ever ascend to a true top 5 QB...and I'll be very happy with a perennial top 10 QB.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.