Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Perhaps Rodgers would have had more open receivers if he had just embraced MLF's offense instead of insisting on changing so many plays at the line and insisting receivers learn his hand signals before they can really be involved in the offense.
    Or thrown over the middle.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Or thrown over the middle.
    Huh! That panocha didn’t like risking his stats did he. Stunted team growth on offense the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Huh! That panocha didn’t like risking his stats did he. Stunted team growth on offense the last 5 years.
    Back in the day Rodgers didn't avoid the MOF as much as later years.

Rodgers got pretty obsessed with the don't throw interceptions idea - which isn't a bad idea, but once he was the far and away leader in Int% for QB, I think he went some length to protect that record.
    Throws over the middle are more likely to get picked than sideline throws. They can be easier throws if you read the coverage properly, and give good opportunities for YAC.

Sideline shots aren't very high percentage, but Rodgers made up for that with stupid WR screens and having insane accuracy.

Personally I understand being careful with turnovers and all, but you have to force a defense to cover the entire field.
    On offense you want to expand the space a team has to defend, on defense you want to shrink it.

Having better talent at WR would certainly help - but until last year he didn't exactly have a barren cupboard. He pushed Gute to trade for guys like Cobb or elevate Lazard to WR2. I agree they didn't give him as much help as he should have had but I think there's a sense that he would have ignored it in favor of spamming Adams with throws.