Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
I don't know about that tex. Time will tell. In order for the Packers to get a similar quality QB in this years' draft, they'd have had to move up all the way to 11 to draft Fields. Who knows when a QB of Love's caliber will be available in '22 or '23. It kind of makes me doubt your ability to evaluate players or the NFL landscape at all, honestly, when you call drafting Love stupid...
Who says we would even need or want a "similar quality QB in this years' draft"? That's the whole point. Boyle, Benkert, Bortles, or any other grade B QB would be perfectly good enough to hold the Packers proverbial clipboard. 3 or 4 years from now, you start shopping around for 3rd or 4th rounders to see if you can get lucky. And if none of that bunch is good enough when Rodgers finally does retire - ideally 5 years plus from now, then if the rest of the team is still viable, you do like the Rams and get the 2027 or so equivalent of Stafford.

How does Love compare to Fields (who I don't particularly like and who will likely flounder because of the team he is on) or Jones (who I don't know much about but will likely seem better than he is because of the team he is on)? Who knows/who cares? I expect that whatever Love becomes, it will be for some other team.

As for saying it was STUPID to draft Love in the first round much less move up to do so, I say that AGAIN primarily for two reasons: First and foremost, because Rodgers, I firmly believe, even 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or more years from now will still be better - a lot better - than the best we could ever hope Love turns into, and secondly, because you have about as good a chance of grabbing a promising 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounder developing into a Wilson or Prescott level star than you do with a high first round pick who might very well be another Goff or Carr or Trubisky.