Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
The number one reason to not give him big money is because of such a small sample huh? That’s not really true. Love has been with the team for years, he was drafted for this moment. When the time came to perform, with a lot of pressure, he showed he could do it. Then he showed he could snap out of a funk (very important). Then goes on a tear and if it weren’t for one bad throw at the end he might’ve taken out the Super Bowl runner up in only his second playoff game. A team the last guy couldn’t get past. Would have been a tremendous upset and look forward to the rematch at Lambeau. Could be for home field. Oh yeah, also beat the SB winner.

The team has to pay someone at QB so instead of asking if they should really need to ask why wouldn’t you. Rodgers got his done before he ever won a playoff game. Then he got the fat one after SB win right? The timing is right to do it now in a team friendly way.
I'm on the wagon Mad, but I could easily point out 7-8 horrible throw/decisions he made in the last 10 games. The one against SF just happened to get picked off whereas he got somewhat lucky on most of the others. My best guess is that he will be a very good QB as long as we surround him with talent, but I don't think he will ever ascend to a true top 5 QB...and I'll be very happy with a perennial top 10 QB.