Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
I have zero confidence in Love. It's his confidence, command in the huddle, the head stuff. Benkhert seems to have all that. And I don't think it can be learned. Kurt is limited but could get us through a year or two.

That's my meaning. The tools aren't the most important thing. I could be wrong on Love, but I've been looking for those so called "intangibles" and I really don't see it with him. So to me, at least Benkhert is a nice safety valve when Love flops.
I respect you're opinion but I feel you need to think longer and harder about even considering Benkhert a starter. He's at best currently a one or two game stop gap and likely that is his ceiling given his measureables, history and projections. Love is clearly the more talented player and was a projected high draft choice. Whether he ever pans out and fills the space between his ears with the needed vision and decision making is obviously up for debate.

It's still way too early to make an accurate assessment of him. Certainly as this season progresses we should get a much better picture of if he's NFL starter material or not.

Lastly, in reference to Tex's comments, rooting against any draft choices success (i.e against Love) is a dangerous slope to start heading down. It reeks of player worshiping versus team loyalty.