Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

I can see doing it once in a while, to keep defenses honest. But in general, I agree with run on this one. How many times were the Packers in a third-and-short, and we were all waving wildly at the TV, yelling "He's open over the middle!" only to watch Rodgers heave what looked like a desperation throw to a pretty-well-covered receiver? Not only that, but many of those throws weren't even close.

I also think as others do that Rodgers missed Adams a whole, whole, whole lot. Adams could grab that back-shoulder throw better than anyone I've ever seen, and that includes Jordy Nelson, who was pretty darn good at it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I have no clue how well Love will do, but it is rather exciting to start fresh again. Our expectations are down and so should our disappointments, but all and all, I look forward to rooting the Packers to their next SB..

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I have no clue how well Love will do, but it is rather exciting to start fresh again. Our expectations are down and so should our disappointments, but all and all, I look forward to rooting the Packers to their next SB..
    I’m with ya, on this. Low expectations, but I have some hope that Love will be great.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’m with ya, on this. Low expectations, but I have some hope that Love will be great.
    I felt this way when I was seventeen.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I felt this way when I was seventeen.
    Did your hopes get dashed, or did you exceed expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Did your hopes get dashed, or did you exceed expectations?
    My hopes were dashed for about thirty years, in large part because I was an immature asshole. But then I (finally) grew up, and that's when I met the love of my life, and expectations were exceeded. By far.

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Today I learned: Tex was in San Francisco in his youth. Harlan was in Hamburg (presumably, Germany) in his youth.

In my youth, I once trekked to Reno. Checked into a Super 8 and then drove east to Sparks. Had the pleasure of visiting the Mustang Ranch and Wild Horse. If I ever win enough frogskins playing poker, I’ll go back.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Tex in San Francisco. I have wondered, occasionally, if "Tex" is sheer invention, and "Tex" is actually some, say, left-wing LGBTQ+ person who gets a kick out of getting all of us riled up here at Packerrats with the made-up persona.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Don't recall that happening very often the last year, or even two.
    And thats the bottom line. No one has a problem with the decision to go deep (think bears, 4th and whatever it was to cobb for the score), we have a problem with the fact that he didn't hit any of them.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And thats the bottom line. No one has a problem with the decision to go deep (think bears, 4th and whatever it was to cobb for the score), we have a problem with the fact that he didn't hit any of them.
    The Cobb examples are a little different -- the NFCN winner most people think about was a blown coverage and Cobb had about 8 yards on anyone. I get your point though -- there's inherently an armchair QB or hindsight bias-- great if it works, stupid if it doesn't.
    I think it comes down to probability -- if it's 3rd and 8 I'm ok with them taking a swing, you need to get a lot of yards to convert. On 3rd and 2 you just try to convert so you live for another set of downs to work with. Keeping Barry's defense off the field is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Today I learned: Tex was in San Francisco in his youth. Harlan was in Hamburg (presumably, Germany) in his youth.

In my youth, I once trekked to Reno. Checked into a Super 8 and then drove east to Sparks. Had the pleasure of visiting the Mustang Ranch and Wild Horse. If I ever win enough frogskins playing poker, I’ll go back.
    What? (First of all, Fritz, I'm not taking the bait and getting lured into the evil p word you're flirting with, not in this part of the forum anyway.) What's this crap about me in Frisco in my youth? Other than a couple years at the army language school in Monterey and a couple of forays Broadway and North Beach (which some will maybe be familiar with hahahaha), I never went there until a brief vacation a couple of years ago. Who said otherwise?

Fritz, you can take me completely at face value, both the perceived good and perceived bad. I'm an open book.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What? (First of all, Fritz, I'm not taking the bait and getting lured into the evil p word you're flirting with, not in this part of the forum anyway.) What's this crap about me in Frisco in my youth? Other than a couple years at the army language school in Monterey and a couple of forays Broadway and North Beach (which some will maybe be familiar with hahahaha), I never went there until a brief vacation a couple of years ago. Who said otherwise?

Fritz, you can take me completely at face value, both the perceived good and perceived bad. I'm an open book.
    Unless I’m misreading/misunderstanding something, especially the word “Frisco,” looks like you said otherwise.

hahahahaha My point was, you just might have an ax to grind that affected your opinion.

I'll tell you about my first time in Frisco in the early 70s. I was stationed in Monterey at the army language school. I had a friend who was a chaplain's assistant of all things. We went to North Beach (which I hadn't heard of previously) to get laid (he wasn't exactly a good normal chaplain's assistant). We went to several of the topless bottomless places and finally got up the courage to try some soliciting. We paid the money, followed the girl out the back door supposedly to some sort of room where a couple of big Asian-looking dudes blocked our path and suggested we be on our way or else. We didn't wait around to find out or else what hahahaha.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Good job of digging up an old post hahahaha. Yeah, that happened. I thought you were implying I lived there long, though. A couple of day or night trips to the topless/bottomless bars is a far cry from living there.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I wasn't trying to lure anyone into anything, nor say some view was good or bad. I was merely making a joke about your "Tex" persona being a front.

I had this thought last night about Jordan Love: if they draft that Hendron Hooker guy from Tennessee, imagine seeing the two of them, standing next to one another, from the stands on game day. Heck, it could even be fun if they draft that Houston QB - Tune, I think his last name is.

KYPack

Choo-Choo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Choo-Choo!!!
    LOL
    I'm not on the bandwagon (yet) but I'll be rooting for the Packers and thus him.

He's got a good arm, is still very young, and has had 3 years in the same system to sit and learn. There's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    LOL

He's got a good arm, is still very young, and has had 3 years in the same system to sit and learn. There's hope.

MLF can now run his offense with a pretty decent stable of weapons. I'm hopeful.

But the OL......

Jump on the bandwagon, tex. If you don’t get on board with Jordan Love, you’re gonna be a shithead packer hater and don’t deserve to call yourself a fan.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The youngster's time has come!!! I havent been this excited about a new season in a long time.

Love proves Tex wrong. Double digit wins this season.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!